BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-15-2018, 11:19 PM   #1
535XrayIndigo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Angry Where to get injectors? rock auto out of stock

Hey all,

First post as an E61 owner. Had a 1 series prior. I got a 535xi wagon in dark blue. (Non-unicorn)

Got it home from an 900 mile drive and smelled gas. The fuel sending unit had a crack near the base of the nipple on top. Replaced it while the tank was nearly full. I ended up getting some dirt in the connection on top of the new one, got what I could out of it and thought that would be enough.

The reason I thought it would be fine is because I though there was another filter under the car to catch the remaining. In further researching it appears that’s just on the diesels. So now the car takes 4-5 seconds to start. And has a slightly bumpy idle

It’s not the end of the world, however I know that the only option is to have them removed and refurbished or just replace them. As the car has 88000 miles I would rather get new ones.

Anyway, rock auto is out of stock? I have google searched the part number and everywhere else is too. . I was looking at FCP euro, however at 2.5 times the price for a lifetime warranty is hard to justify.

Help!?!?!

Thanks,
Matthew
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
Deveray
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i X-Drive Touring

Sorry I can't answer your main question. But I am wondering how solid is your inference that it is dirt in the injectors? It is an expensive thing to do if it just needs new plugs.
My car sounds similar to yours and my recent misfire and bumpy idle was cured by new plugs and coil packs.
But I do understand why you reached that conclusion if it was fine before the fuel sender episode!
Would a blocked injector result in a saved code? If so it would be worth having it read.
Appreciate 0