BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #23
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

At least this will potentially save a few spines from what is being observed now with people who spend their lives looking at their phones.

Change is always scary. Wildly unregulated change with a dopamine push is going to be extremely frightening to those of us looking in from the outside (read OLD).

When medicine cures all these diseases (NOT, $$$$$) where are all the dead people who are still alive going to live? Are we at 7B world population yet? Go watch Star Trek, The Mark of Gideon.

This will push us off the Earth in search of new planets. These AR goggles are training future astronauts to pilot those ships!
      06-07-2023, 04:04 PM   #24
Theruleslawyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
I tried VR with a flight-sim (WW2-era IL2-Sturmovik), and was blown away by how realistic the cockpit feels, it really feels like you are literally there, and you begin to notice details that went unnoticed before, partially because they are much larger now (everything is larger in VR), and partially because they now have 3-dimensions, which makes them "pop".

So I could't believe how realistic the cockpit of HS-129 "tank buster" felt the first time I virtually "sat" there, but unfortunately all the graphics outside this cockpit felt like 1024p resolution, which is a far cry from my 4k monitor.

And because of all that realism your brain gets tricked into believing you're literally flying an airplane, which means motion sickness while doing even mild combat manoeuvres. I got used to that after a while, though, and then it just added up to the immersion.
I use mine mostly for iracing and other driving sims. It really makes you feel like you are there, even compared to triples. It's not 4k sharp but it's worth it to not feel like a game. Also the depth perception really helps on judging apexes or walls on street circuits. Supposedly VR transfers better to real life.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2023, 05:13 PM   #25
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Society creating more ways for people to check out of reality is great for those who benefit from a class of people who cannot think in terms of reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 2
jmack548.50
EezyBeezy266.50