BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

05-25-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
Chick Webb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 E92, '17 540i, '21 X6 M50i

BMWs To Integrate TiVo Video Media Platform

This is interesting. I was hacking TiVo's back in 2003, back before the days of streamed "recordings". Didn't even know they were still around. Appears to be limited to Europe at this time.

Quote:
BMW will integrate TiVo’s video media platform in BMW 5 series and above models, giving owners access to both linear and on-demand video content providers.

The Powered by TiVo platform will offer news, movies and other country-specific content and access to media libraries.

It is expected to begin rolling out over-the-air in vehicles in initial launch countries by the end of 2023.
BMWs To Integrate TiVo Video Media Platform
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2023, 02:25 PM   #2
BobBMWX3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 22

I like the idea the owners of Tivo trying to get into the car software realm. That is why the Tivo application is being bought forward for them. It would be something different than Apple Car Play and Andriod Auto. I find those very bland. I use BMW interface since I get everything I need that way. But an outsider bringing something new is an interesting idea.

Of course, they wont let video be on the front screen...but maybe one day in the future with self driving cars, the windscreen will be a monitor showing my Teams Meeting while I ride into the office.
Appreciate 0