BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-29-2018, 11:01 PM   #2311
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlmesq View Post
One of my college classmates ran across the word emetophilia, which means sexual arousal over vomit, in a psych textbook. We thought it was hilarious until I thought for a moment and said, "Wait... if it has a NAME... it must be a THING."
how do i delete someone else's discovery?
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #2312
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
No, you missed the point. He sat uncomfortably for the longest ten minutes of his life until she left. The failure to clean up was deliberate and calculated... and hilarious.
Interesting. This is much like a comedian telling a joke to an audience to where no one laughs after, then the comedian insists that everyone doesn't have a sense of humor because he is the only one that finds it funny.

We totally get that the lack of clean up was deliberate. It's also pathetic that someone would go to this extreme rather than just communicate. It's not funny, you're friend is incredibly immature.

Quote:
I face tougher crowds on a regular basis... like the jury in a murder case where my client was captured on video shooting another guy in the head without apparent provocation. Some people here are a bunch of pussycats... but without Stumpy's colorful personality.
Let me get this straight. You are legal counsel and yet you discuss cases openly but only for the sake of explaining how you face tougher crowds than a car forum? Very professional. Somehow you deliver an overly detailed story that isn't funny and then tell the audience that they missed the point of the story because we focused on the details that you provided....and you're legal counsel??? I sure as hell wouldn't want you representing me for anything. I can only imagine you telling the jury "You missed the point because of the details."

Quote:
Animals are very intuitive. When I have a bad day, my dog just knows that she can cheer me up by coming over to cuddle.

Apparently Stumpy had an even more developed sense of what was needed in that particular moment.
All living things are intuitive. The 5 senses aid in this. If my cat sees a fire it isn't going to walk into it. If I'm not feeling well and lying down, of course my cat is going to come and lay down with me as my behavior is indicative that something is different and he likes to cuddle. I fail to be convinced that Stumpy, the empath cat, knew that his owner wasn't comfortable with razor blade/hot glue gun sex and your friend wasn't mature enough to actually vocalize his concerns so therefore was intuitive enough to know that he needed to yak on his owner in order to save the day. You're clearly right, I very much missed the point in your fantastic story by focusing on the details of what you provided versus the immature bullshit inferred by how great the cat is for vomiting on his owner and what champion of life the owner is for having the will to not clean it up in hopes that the girl would be grossed out and leave; which was the end result.

Ever think of the story that the girl tells her friends about how she was with some guy whose cat vomited on him and he refused to clean it up, so she left. Clearly your friend is a genius and everyone who hears this story from you, him or her thinks he is a great guy. Jesus man, how do you not see that is a story that makes you and your friend both look like idiots?

Before you reply, please keep in mind that nothing you can possibly say is going to change mine or obviously anyone else's mind about how WE missed the point of your story. Continuing to blame us for not getting it only makes it worse on yourself. Consider this: If you are throwing a ball to someone and you throw the ball the opposite direction of the person who intends to catch it, you don't get to blame the person waiting to catch the ball because you threw it in the wrong direction. I can't believe that I am having to explain such a simple logic to someone who is paid to convey testimony in representation of others.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 09:08 AM   #2313
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
he needed to yak on his owner .
how many different ways have you said "vomit" i counted at least five.

anywho, slight change in plans with danyell tonight. she is going to work for a couple of hours at her second job. she wants me to come down there and then we'll have dinner there. second time i've had to cancel reservations with her tho..
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #2314
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Quote:
he needed to yak on his owner .

anywho, slight change in plans with danyell tonight. she is going to work for a couple of hours at her second job. she wants me to come down there and then we'll have dinner there. second time i've had to cancel reservations with her tho..
It's a good indication that maybe "fancy dinner" was all in your head only.

This is fancier than fancy. Enjoy.

Also, not my place and obviously I have little information about you or her (and I don't blame myself), but it seems you're in a different economic position than she is.

Cool off with the "fancy" stuff. Enjoy her company and the fact she has 2 jobs to fulfill her life. That should be enough and keep you coming to each other.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
      11-30-2018, 09:21 AM   #2315
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
It's a good indication that maybe "fancy dinner" was all in your head only.

This is fancier than fancy. Enjoy.

Also, not my place and obviously I have little information about you or her (and I don't blame myself), but it seems you're in a different economic position than she is.

Cool off with the "fancy" stuff. Enjoy her company and the fact she has 2 jobs to fulfill her life. That should be enough and keep you coming to each other.
Agreed. Maybe she is uncomfortable going out to fancier places in the current stage of the relationship.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #2316
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I'm a firm believer in creating a colorful dialogue. It keeps things interesting for the reader. Glad you noticed. My efforts are not in vain.

I agree with Onesy on the reservations. Perhaps she just wants your time and not to be impressed. Case in point, I took the girlfriend for a fancy dinner last weekend for her birthday; first time she had ever been to a $100/plate restaurant. Although she enjoyed it, I could tell that she was uncomfortable in the setting and was slightly out of her element. She told me later that she enjoyed it and the meal was fantastic but she didn't need all that, all she wanted was to spend some time with me.
Appreciate 2
Joekerr7926.00
________4157.00
      11-30-2018, 09:35 AM   #2317
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I'm a firm believer in creating a colorful dialogue. It keeps things interesting for the reader. Glad you noticed. My efforts are not in vain.

I agree with Onesy on the reservations. Perhaps she just wants your time and not to be impressed. Case in point, I took the girlfriend for a fancy dinner last weekend for her birthday; first time she had ever been to a $100/plate restaurant. Although she enjoyed it, I could tell that she was uncomfortable in the setting and was slightly out of her element. She told me later that she enjoyed it and the meal was fantastic but she didn't need all that, all she wanted was to spend some time with me.
Exactly - reading and understanding someone's preferences and comfort level is key. My wife and I both make decent money (I think), and could certainly afford to go out to the $100/plate places if we chose. But both of us are much more comfortable in a pub. That's what we like, and so that's what we gravitate towards. We'll only go somewhere fancy for something really special, like one of our birthdays or an anniversary...but otherwise, what we enjoy and are comfortable in are pubs.

"Danyell" may very well be the same way. I still cannot get over this spelling of the name, I'm sorry. It will haunt me for a while.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13152.00
bimmette6452.50
wrickem2101.00
      11-30-2018, 09:40 AM   #2318
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Exactly - reading and understanding someone's preferences and comfort level is key. My wife and I both make decent money (I think), and could certainly afford to go out to the $100/plate places if we chose. But both of us are much more comfortable in a pub. That's what we like, and so that's what we gravitate towards. We'll only go somewhere fancy for something really special, like one of our birthdays or an anniversary...but otherwise, what we enjoy and are comfortable in are pubs.

"Danyell" may very well be the same way. I still cannot get over this spelling of the name, I'm sorry. It will haunt me for a while.
This. I make decent money for the area I live, the girlfriend does ok but also has 3 small children and doesn't get to experience things like this often. Birthdays/special occasions are ok but I personally prefer to keep things low-key. Just because I can afford to do something doesn't mean that I will. People with that type of mentality are usually those that can not afford it. I saw recently somewhere about how people with money wear jeans with holes in them and people who are poor wear Prada, Channel, etc.

I'd rather have the money in the bank that to try and project an image of being someone with a lot of money.
Appreciate 3
Joekerr7926.00
________4157.00
      11-30-2018, 09:45 AM   #2319
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Agreed. Maybe she is uncomfortable going out to fancier places in the current stage of the relationship.
not at all, we have been to several high-end events/dinners
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 09:55 AM   #2320
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
not at all, we have been to several high-end events/dinners
Going to and enjoying can be two different things. I go to funerals, I don't enjoy them.

Is it possible that the higher end food/wine show she basically asked you out on a date to was because she felt like this was the type of event you would enjoy / expected / were used to because you are a doctor, and NOT because it was her type of event?

Not that you would have necessarily noticed it, I'm sure she made every effort to attract you, and you her.

I'm not saying I'm right - maybe she is very comfortable in these types of settings, but if she has a kid (or more than one), my guess is she probably doesn't have the time and potentially the means to do high class events often, and therefore, is likely less comfortable at them.

Just a theory.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      11-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #2321
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:

You sound like my wife and me. We get dressed up and spend some money on our anniversary because it seems like the appropriate thing to do, but I would MUCH rather be at a pub or on the bar side of a “regular” restaurant where it’s lively and fun than having some waiter hovering around me all evening.

As for Danyell, maybe she was in a better financial situation earlier on (married) and is not unaccustomed to nicer places and is working two jobs now because of changed circumstances?
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      11-30-2018, 10:50 AM   #2322
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Attaboy! Now accompany those bruises with some red hand prints on that ass and you'll be in business.

P.S. Don't forget to pull the hair. If you don't know the proper way look that shit up.
You rang?
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-30-2018, 11:05 AM   #2323
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
You rang?
MK, I imagine that our views/experiences in this area are very closely related. I wondered when you might show up.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      11-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #2324
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Jesus. And we wonder why women think men are creepy...

Perhaps we should treat women like human beings, cause, they are human beings. Just a thought.

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #2325
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post

Perhaps we should treat women like human beings, cause, they are human beings. Just a thought.

Curious, what are you referring to specifically? One woman can think a particular man is creepy based off her experience that man yet another woman can a completely different opinion of the same man based off her experience.

The same can be said from men regarding women.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34171.50
Germanauto9665.50
      11-30-2018, 11:14 AM   #2326
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Quote:

Curious, what are you referring to specifically? One woman can think a particular man is creepy based off her experience that man yet another woman can a completely different opinion of the same man based off her experience.

The same can be said from men regarding women.
This.

I'm inclined to not feed the troll but let's give him a chance
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
Germanauto9665.50
      11-30-2018, 11:16 AM   #2327
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

she at least reschedules or gives an alternative rather than just flaking, i'd say you're still doing ok; maybe she just doesnt like dressing up for dinner?

Quote:
You rang?
show us the way please!!!! (or just tell)

Quote:

do you think this is "creepy" because the boys are helping each other with women problems? because you'd be surprised how much more girls talk about this stuff...
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
MKSixer34171.50
      11-30-2018, 11:17 AM   #2328
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post
This.

I'm inclined to not feed the troll but let's give him a chance
I'm with you, I'm curious as well. We are at over 100 pages on this thread and for the most part everyone has been extremely supportive of each other. Curious to hear how something on here is being viewed as creepy....aside from the psychic disgorging (6 for those counting ) cat.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
MKSixer34171.50
upstatedoc7555.50
      11-30-2018, 11:22 AM   #2329
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:

Obviously you've never overheard a group of women together talking about men.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 3
________4157.00
King Rudi13152.00
nyalpine907380.00
      11-30-2018, 11:27 AM   #2330
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Obviously you've never overheard a group of women together talking about men.
I'll second this. They are way nastier than one would imagine.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
      11-30-2018, 11:32 AM   #2331
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

my spidey senses you never been with a woman.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34171.50
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13152.00
      11-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #2332
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayerische Motoren Werke View Post
she at least reschedules or gives an alternative rather than just flaking, i'd say you're still doing ok; maybe she just doesnt like dressing up for dinner?

show us the way please!!!! (or just tell)

do you think this is "creepy" because the boys are helping each other with women problems? because you'd be surprised how much more girls talk about this stuff...
I already posted it, Grasshopper.

Walk up behind her, put one hand on her waist to assist bending her over slightly.
Squeeze the other boob and then grab a good handful of hair to pull her head back.
Whisper in her ear with a husky voice...I'm just checking for later tonight.

Sound action stations. You're about get some.

You're welcome.
Appreciate 3