BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-23-2015, 10:30 AM   #67
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
I prefer Samuel Jackson.
I'll also have a Samuel Jackson.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #68
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/horrib...105700662.html

I have not had a bottle (which I did not even finish) of this "Animal Piss" since I was in my early 20's. That was nearly 2 decades ago! Us "beer drinkers" know that almost ANY beer is better when 'ice cold'. But this nasty sh1t right here, Corona, even cold it is bitter as hell! And as it drops temperature in your hand after only a few minutes, it only gets worse.
I congratulate them or anyone that can turn a nice profit since that what business is all about right?
But there really is no "magic or mystery" as to why this shitty beer is selling like gangbusters... VERY clever marketing!!! Attractive models - Tropical scenery - After hours/happy hour targeting - Winter promoting that gives visuals of warm Tropical getaways! So Joe Blow or Susie Dunce is at the local store and comes across the signature "Clear bottles with golden liquid and navy text" and they are immediately whisked away with visions of "Sun & Fun"!
If it were the last beer on earth, I'd choose wine coolers instead!

Oh.... And just so you know I am FAR from a hater of Mexican Beer... My absolute favorite beer is Dos Equis Amber and Modelo Especial is in my Top 5. ;-)

Heck, just look at this very pic: Marketing Genius!!!
I don't care for Corona either, but bashing something you haven't even tasted in years and going all large font, bold type and underliney on everybody is a bit much, don't you think?

Most product successes are influenced by advertising. Corona does it brilliantly.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 05:53 PM   #69
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

It must be different in different markets. (Corona) Maybe it's freshness related? It's nearly undrinkable here, (the NW U.S.) even with two lime wedges. It's also inexplicably popular. I do like other Mexican beers, like Pacifico and Dos Equis. I like Wiehanstefaner, and Ayinger beers.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #70
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
I had a neighbor that grew up in Mexico, and he said Corona was "las chingaderas que te compran cuando te quiere a emborracharse para barato" (the fucking things you buy when you want to get drunk for cheap) and said how it was so disappointing to see it take off and become a huge brand when it's just about as exciting as Budweiser.

Also, the reason that most beers have a colored bottle is to absorb certain wavelengths of sunlight (which breaks down certain elements of the beer), so in a sense Corona is enabling the "skunk" smell of Corona with clear bottles, and the lime was placed there to mask the stench.

So, if I am drinking the Mexican equivalent of PBR or Natural Ice and need a lime to mask the smell, 'Rona is too far of a turnoff for me...

...But unfortunately, if I'm at a dive bar or a house party of some unwitting college-aged kids who haven't refined their taste buds, it's still better than Coors, Bud or ANY light beer, and that's my only excuse for gagging this stuff down . Otherwise, a Modelo, Pacifico, or XX please.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:13 AM   #71
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
The above is correct. Brown bottles or cans are best. They block the UV light that reacts with hop oils to create that "skunk" flavor/aroma.

It's funny, temperature swings don't make a beer skunk as some people think. Cans are impossible to skunk unless you open them and pour them into a clear glass or cup. The reaction is said to take place very quickly, so quick in fact that if you pour a beer into a clear glass and drink it outside in the sun, you'd better drink it fast because by that last sip, it will taste very different (and not in a good way).
      06-25-2015, 09:43 AM   #72
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
I had a neighbor that grew up in Mexico, and he said Corona was "las chingaderas que te compran cuando te quiere a emborracharse para barato"
And yet the Hispanic crowds go WILD for Bud Light when they get to the States I simply say "No, gracias"
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #73
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

i like corona....all mexican beer...hate ipa or any hoppy beer...

you can group me in the corona douchebag category....Maybe thats why i drive a BMW....
      06-25-2015, 12:16 PM   #74
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

This level of hate for Corona is only because of their success. Corona's are not nearly as bad as these people like to make it sound. What they are is very different from a common beer though, so it makes sense that not everybody will enjoy them. Anything unique will have haters. I'm not saying they are great, but they are definitely refreshing when you don't want a super rich, filling beer.

There is TONS of other moderately popular beer our there that tastes like pure ass (or like nothing at all) compared to a fresh Corona. People need to relax.

The OP bashes Corona as the worst on the planet, then goes on to say that his absolute favorite is Dos Equis Ambar. Pretty funny. While I do love them, and they are better than Corona, they also need a lime for best taste, and are overall not that much more than a smother tasting Corona.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:28 PM   #75
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post
This level of hate for Corona is only because of their success. Corona's are not nearly as bad as these people like to make it sound. What they are is very different from a common beer though, so it makes sense that not everybody will enjoy them. Anything unique will have haters. I'm not saying they are great, but they are definitely refreshing when you don't want a super rich, filling beer.

There is TONS of other moderately popular beer our there that tastes like pure ass (or like nothing at all) compared to a fresh Corona. People need to relax.

The OP bashes Corona as the worst on the planet, then goes on to say that his absolute favorite is Dos Equis Ambar. Pretty funny. While I do love them, and they are better than Corona, they also need a lime for best taste, and are overall not that much more than a smother tasting Corona.

The only beers I've tasted that were more reliably skunked than Corona, were Mickey's Big Mouth, and Heineken. You drink it because your are a sucker for their marketing. Don't blame yourself; I got Direct TV because of Hannah and her horse.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 12:31 PM   #76
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
I don't care for Corona either, but bashing something you haven't even tasted in years and going all large font, bold type and underliney on everybody is a bit much, don't you think?

Most product successes are influenced by advertising. Corona does it brilliantly.
Nah... Actually I don't. And I don't have to taste it ever again based on what friends tell me and the above article where it is reviewed among the shittiest tasting.

I already acknowledged their brilliant Marketing.

Why so sensitive? If you like it, that's all that matters.
      06-25-2015, 12:35 PM   #77
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedlinePSI View Post

LOL! Look Senior Sensitive... Did I say "If you like Corona, then you are crazy!" Or some shit like that? Nope. I passed along an article that happens to echo my opinion. If you like it, hooray for you! Don't go talking shit because I and others disagree with your tastebuds. My tastebuds say that DE Amber is waaaaaay better and different tasting that corona!
      06-25-2015, 12:39 PM   #78
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeevette View Post
The only beers I've tasted that were more reliably skunked than Corona, were Mickey's Big Mouth, and Heineken. You drink it because your are a sucker for their marketing. Don't blame yourself; I got Direct TV because of Hannah and her horse.
EXACTLY! No need trying to justify to us if you enjoy it. It's all good. If I'm at a bar with a friend or fams and they want a corona, I'll buy it for them. That doesn't change the fact that it tastes like how a skunk smells.
      06-25-2015, 02:25 PM   #79
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeevette View Post
haha yea I was really suckered in by marketing 15 years ago when I first started drinking them at parties and clubs. I don't think i've seen a single add for Corona until years down the line. Bottom line is they are light and tasted way better than all of the other options for mass inhalation on the beach or at a party.

And yes they can and do skunk up, like any beer. I don't know where you buy your shit but it's not hard to find fresh Corona around here. As long as they stay in the cases like they should, it should not be that big of an issue. Stop buying 24oz single bottles.

And just to be clear, I have had probably a handful of Coronas in the last year or 2. And I drink beer often. We can start talkin about real beer anytime you guys want. haha

You won't find an argument from me about giving in to Hannah, or her horse.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 02:41 PM   #80
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
LOL! Look Senior Sensitive... Did I say "If you like Corona, then you are crazy!" Or some shit like that? Nope. I passed along an article that happens to echo my opinion. If you like it, hooray for you! Don't go talking shit because I and others disagree with your tastebuds. My tastebuds say that DE Amber is waaaaaay better and different tasting that corona!
I'm not getting sensitive, we are just discussing the hate against Corona, that you quite strongly displayed. And yes the hate was pretty strong with you, so that kind of implies that anybody who likes, or even doesn't mind, a Corona must be out of their minds; in your opinion (in a nice way i'm sure). I just thought it was kind of amusing that your polar opposite is a XX. Just simply stating the first time I tried one I felt like I was drinking a better Corona. I guess I just find it strange how one can LOVE Dos, but despise Corona with every fiber of their being. haha
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 03:20 PM   #81
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

If you honestly think Corona tastes like Dos Equis Amber, I'd be looking into a ENT Physician to check your sinuses. And that's all I gotta say on that subject. Moving on...
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #82
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Larry Lastwords has moved on y'all.

Who wants to talk about why Irish beer sucks, and how German beer is where it's at!?
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 06:20 PM   #83
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

^ ionno, Killian's Red makes the BEST beer bread
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 07:58 PM   #84
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
^ ionno, Killian's Red makes the BEST beer bread
haha good catch. Killians Red is my go to in the Irish establishments. That's some good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 08:11 AM   #85
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I don't hate Corona, I just like other beers better so I don't drink it. If you like it, then who gives a flying fuck what other people say about it?
      06-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #86
Bye_DC5
Rep
n/a
Drives:

The only time I enjoyed and drank Coronas was when I went on a cruise three years ago with Holland America. Great time. $20 buckets that had 5 beers, so it wasn't exactly the best deal, but it served it's purpose.

I tried to drink a Corona when I got back in the states, and it tasted terrible. Haven't had one since.
Appreciate 0