BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

04-06-2021, 05:15 PM   #1
E60_535i_09
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 Bmw 535i

Unhappy Problems

Hello I have an 09 535i. It only has 64,400 miles on and I have had it for about 7 months. Since I got it it has been a good car but noticed and oil leak from the valve cover and just got it fixed. I put new plugs in while the cover was off. A day after I got it back I started to smell coolant and 2 days later had a low coolant light come on.. I filled it up with oem coolant and it was indeed low. So I took it to an indy to see what could be wrong and 2 days later he comes with an estimate of 3200 dollars to replace all the coolant lines, oil lines to the turbo as well as some other coolant hoses. I was in shock. I am not very mechanically intuitive so I couldn't do it myself. Question is do you guys think that it is worth it to shell out the money and have it fixed or should I move on from this platform. I am worried that if if I put the money in to something else will come up shortly after costing another arm and leg. I appreciate the advice!
Appreciate 0