BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-12-2023, 09:55 AM   #23
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Where I live, when she addressed the officer as "bro" in the beginning and was yelling, she would have been tackled.

Forget Florida, too much tolerance. Looks like Colorado where any freak can have their say.
Appreciate 2
E92inNC1709.50
      07-12-2023, 10:02 AM   #24
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

The one adjective that kept coming back on Port Saint Lucie was "boring." Nothing for young people to do. No night life.

Hell yes. Get off my lawn.
Appreciate 3
      07-12-2023, 10:52 AM   #25
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Oh I know. We go every year around that time. Good thing is, our condo is right on the beach and our pool is a few steps from our door. I can handle the heat in small doses...just not 365 straight days.
More like 4-6 months. November through April, especially the middle months, are great. Sometimes it cools down sufficiently in October or nice weather extends into May. June through September are always hot and humid.
      07-12-2023, 11:05 AM   #26
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

C*mbrellas
Face piercings
Nails
Hair
Clothes
Continuing to call the officer bro
Tantrum, kept cussing at the gate attendant/officers and throwing things
Lives in Cali (which explains most of the above for her generation)

The sad part is this behavior would be fine in Cali and she probably would not have been arrested and charged. This foolishness should land you on the no fly list for at least 1 year.

A grown adult showing absolutely no respect to anyone including herself and acting like a four year old that had their iPad taken away. The future of the west is doomed
Appreciate 3
      07-12-2023, 11:22 AM   #27
F36Donut
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inNC View Post
C*mbrellas
Face piercings
Nails
Hair
Clothes

The sad part is this behavior would be fine in Cali and she probably would not have been arrested and charged. This foolishness should land you on the no fly list for at least 1 year.

A grown adult showing absolutely no respect to anyone including herself and acting like a four year old that had their iPad taken away. The future of the west is doomed
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2023, 11:42 AM   #28
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i F36 Sportline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
if you're moving down here to enjoy the state and what it offers for all aspects, we are all about it...

if you're moving down here from say the NE and looking to change the place... you can turn right back around...
We moved from Colorado for several reasons. Most of which is we're older and don't like winters anymore. We wanted to live in a year round warm climate. Colorado cost of living, in terms of housing prices, is another reason we moved. We were simply priced out. There are other reasons we wanted to get out of Colorado. We chose Florida for several reasons, one of which we cannot change (weather). We wanted to come to Florida because of what Florida is and what it has to offer. We have absolutely NO INTEREST in turning here into there. We left there (Colorado) because we didn't like many things about it. We chose here (Florida) because of what here has to offer. We know full well when you turn here into there it becomes the very thing you left. Why people don't get that I will never understand.

No, we are extremely happy with Florida and what it is and will do everything we can to keep it the way it is! Besides, Rocky Mountain Oysters aren't all they're cracked up to be. We have real seafood here!!!
Appreciate 3
ASAP10161.00
nerdogray1301.50
      07-12-2023, 11:47 AM   #29
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
The one adjective that kept coming back on Port Saint Lucie was "boring." Nothing for young people to do. No night life.

Hell yes. Get off my lawn.
My wife and I live in Palm Coast, same thing here. Minimal to no night life. Keep tourists and imbeciles away.

I agree, "Get off my lawn!"
Appreciate 3
nerdogray1301.50
      07-12-2023, 04:35 PM   #30
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

I couldn't watch more than a few seconds. Once they start with the hand clapping I just can't. Needs a good ass whooping as far as I'm concerned. I knew someone who told me they use to get really bad road rage and start yelling and people and shit. One day he gets into it with someone and he makes them pull over to the side of the road. He gets out of his car and immediately some giant ass dude gets out of the other car and beats his ass. Said he doesn't partake in road rage anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
The irony is that is probably the least crowded I have ever seen FLL.
Do you mean like summer time or in general? Because at least Boynton has become unbearably crowded in the 12 years I've lived there.
Appreciate 2
nerdogray1301.50
RickFLM410974.50
      07-12-2023, 05:19 PM   #31
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I couldn't watch more than a few seconds. Once they start with the hand clapping I just can't. Needs a good ass whooping as far as I'm concerned. I knew someone who told me they use to get really bad road rage and start yelling and people and shit. One day he gets into it with someone and he makes them pull over to the side of the road. He gets out of his car and immediately some giant ass dude gets out of the other car and beats his ass. Said he doesn't partake in road rage anymore.

Do you mean like summer time or in general? Because at least Boynton has become unbearably crowded in the 12 years I've lived there.
I was referring to Ft. Lauderdale airport (FLL) in the video. It didn’t look that crowded compared to most of the time.
      07-13-2023, 01:39 PM   #32
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Her home is california, she was visiting Ft. lauderdale. Good riddance.
But is she originally from Fla?

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 01:42 PM   #33
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inNC View Post
C*mbrellas
Face piercings
Nails
Hair
Clothes

Well she is intoxicated. Alcohol effects people in different ways.

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 01:43 PM   #34
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDoctor View Post
We moved from Colorado for several reasons. Most of which is we're older and don't like winters anymore. We wanted to live in a year round warm climate. Colorado cost of living, in terms of housing prices, is another reason we moved. We were simply priced out. There are other reasons we wanted to get out of Colorado. We chose Florida for several reasons, one of which we cannot change (weather). We wanted to come to Florida because of what Florida is and what it has to offer. We have absolutely NO INTEREST in turning here into there. We left there (Colorado) because we didn't like many things about it. We chose here (Florida) because of what here has to offer. We know full well when you turn here into there it becomes the very thing you left. Why people don't get that I will never understand.

No, we are extremely happy with Florida and what it is and will do everything we can to keep it the way it is! Besides, Rocky Mountain Oysters aren't all they're cracked up to be. We have real seafood here!!!
How are you liking those insurance rates?

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 02:11 PM   #35
RobotDoctor
Professional Nomad
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I don't love them nor do I hate them.

The car insurance is a bit higher, not loving them but they're not the worst thing. I am paying about $300 more annually per car (have two). Colorado is not the cheapest state for auto insurance either due to hail, rock damage due to road sanding, road construction and tourists so the cost difference isn't prohibiting. Homeowner's insurance isn't great but it is not horrible either. We have a big national carrier (same one who we have car insurance with) and have really good coverage, including home replacement coverage. We are 24' above sea level where we are, new construction (block) home, and not immediately near any canal, creek, intracoastal waterway, ocean so insurance isn't absurdly high. We're paying maybe $500 more annually for homeowner's insurance a year than we would have in Colorado. Hail damage is a huge concern there, as well as wind damage (spring wind conditions cause havoc). Don't get me wrong, these are still costs to be aware of but not anything that would prohibit me and my wife to move or stay here.

We're so happy we made the move and don't regret it for a second.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2023, 02:12 PM   #36
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, R56 Camden, G37x

You spelled Floriduh wrong.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 02:19 PM   #37
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They will be all over soon enough, especially on the coasts, as insurers leverage whatever climate "data" they can to justify jacking up premiums everywhere.
      07-13-2023, 04:26 PM   #38
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
But is she originally from Fla?
I’ve never seen anything like that here and i’ve lived in both places - have seen plent of that out in SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.

Last edited by floridaorange; 07-14-2023 at 08:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 07:27 PM   #39
F32Fleet
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
They will be all over soon enough, especially on the coasts, as insurers leverage whatever climate "data" they can to justify jacking up premiums everywhere.
Well I can tell ya that insurers have for the past decade been taking note of the higher frequency in flooding events in Fla.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 06:35 AM   #40
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well I can tell ya that insurers have for the past decade been taking note of the higher frequency in flooding events in Fla.
Some people live in a fantasy world where everyone is out to get them.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2023, 07:09 AM   #41
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

It is true... insurance for any sort of housing has gotten out of control in Florida... I want to blame the insurance companies for this one as I think that whole business model is made up of leeches but it also partially rests on the governments hands.

The state has approved 100% of all premium increases to all Insurance companies and has NEVER held them liable for almost anything... then they can drop and pull out any time with 0 lliability... then they are protected by bankruptcy laws if they choose not to pay out.

...this one is at least partially on Desantis... the pro business approach fosters this attitude and he gave them free reign on this issue
      07-14-2023, 01:37 PM   #42
FrankMstein
Captain
United_States
Rep

^^^ Free market autocracy.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10161.00