BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Closed Thread

09-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #67
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Anecdotal evidence from the internet is not proof of a cure. You would probably find someone that says eating their own poop cures cancer. Doesn't mean it has any merit only that is what that person believes to be true. All kinds of nuts that drink their own urine thinking its good for them already.
Appreciate 1
      09-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #68
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devious21 View Post
Again, this is anecdotal evidence. See - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anecdotal_evidence

You should first become a skeptic.
You should read up on philosophy and epistemology to understand what "truth" is on how we go about determining what is true.
You should read up on science, understand the peer review system, why it's there and why it's important. Understand that it's a necessary but not sufficient part of the process.
You should read up on claims of ufo's/alien abductions, big foot, etc. Ask yourself if you believe those claims since they are supported primarily by anecdotal evidence.

In order to determine whether or not something is true or reliable (either scientifically or logically), you first need the tools to do so. If you don't acquire these tools, all you can do is leave the work to people who DO have those tools and trust their expert opinion. If you're not comfortable with that, you'll have to put in some work.
Ok I get what your saying now.

According to the government's patent on cannabinoids, they are considered antioxidants. There is a possibility that cannabis can cure cancer. For most people there is enough evidence to say that it does. I am sure this will be mainstream in the future and you will have your evidence.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #69
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Like the ufo and bigfoot reference. Spot on, this just in its confirmed and proven they exist! Next week bigfoot gets high and cures his own cancer.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #70
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

It might not cure cancer, but I don't think anyone here is gonna disagree that it's less harmful than smoking a cigarette (as millions do everyday, including myself...), and probably less harmful than alcohol as well. There is no question that it should be legal and I'm glad that the initiatives in Washington and Colorado succeeded and now enjoy Federal approval.

Anything's possible, Jagermeister used to be medicine after all
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #71
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Cough, cough. I'm in washington and dispensaries are springing up all over. Multiple friends growing. Not my thing but agree its safer than alcohol.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #72
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw325i View Post
Ok I get what your saying now.

According to the government's patent on cannabinoids, they are considered antioxidants. There is a possibility that cannabis can cure cancer.
So is orange juice. Also an antioxidant

Quote:

I have seen countless stories on the internet about marijuana curing cancer and other ailments.
Yes, stories....
You havent actually cured yourself or anybody else of cancer with marijuana....or did you?

I once read a story of a house in the woods completely made out of candy. So there must be candy houses in the woods......
I mean... I've read it so it's definately true....
Oh yes, there was also a which in that story.... So they are real too....

My advice: if you get cancer or any other serious condition: go to a doctor.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 05:05 PM   #73
M3 Mod Master
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 to a 08 328i

Quote:
Most plants are good for your health.
what about poison oak?
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #74
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreMods View Post
what about poison oak?
smoke it and see. my guess is major respiratory distress possbile death but its natural so if it doesnt kill you then you have overcome nature and are stronger?

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #75
M3 Mod Master
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 to a 08 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
smoke it and see. my guess is major respiratory distress possbile death but its natural so if it doesnt kill you then you have overcome nature and are stronger?
heard human feces was natural too...
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 06:09 PM   #76
Colt
Spoolin' & droolin'
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
Anything that you smoke is bad for your lungs. They've been studies that it can cause lung cancer as much as cigarettes. There's no doubt that there are benefits to marijuana, but smoking it is not one.
There are other ways to get THC into the body rather than inhaling smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by System Of A... View Post

Bamf

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreMods View Post
heard human feces was natural too...
So is tobacco.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 07:19 PM   #77
p-streets
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3

this thing is pointless everyone is going to have there own opion. so lets just agree to disagree if you smoke smoke up and if you dont well good for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2013, 11:37 PM   #78
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-streets View Post
this thing is pointless everyone is going to have there own opion. so lets just agree to disagree if you smoke smoke up and if you dont well good for you.
+1. No point in fighting a pointless argument. Just enjoy life the way you enjoy it, live and let live.
      09-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #79
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
So is orange juice. Also an antioxidant

Yes, stories....
You havent actually cured yourself or anybody else of cancer with marijuana....or did you?

I once read a story of a house in the woods completely made out of candy. So there must be candy houses in the woods......
I mean... I've read it so it's definately true....
Oh yes, there was also a which in that story.... So they are real too....

My advice: if you get cancer or any other serious condition: go to a doctor.
When I worked in MI, my Matco Tool salesman was diagnosed with stage 2 lung cancer and got his medical card and extracted the THC and condensed it down into pill form. I don't know the details, but I went and visited him at home when he took a leave from work and his condition cleared away after 3 weeks.

When he went in and denied wanting care the hospital said he might have had a year to live. I talk to him on the phone to this day almost 3 years later.

Like I said, I don't know all the details of how he processed it, but they were small capsules about 3/4 full of the extract.

He sent the same information to my mechanic in the shop at the time for his mother. She couldn't get out of bed for anything, couldn't even feed herself. After about 2 weeks she began feeding herself. After 3 weeks she began walking. After 4 weeks he claimed it was like nothing ever happened.

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #80
Foxrus14
1 SLY 1
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i work car...

Holy Shit!!! Not this guy again... We already had this go around on here... Must have slipped his mind... Weird... I though Weed was a brain power food and was all kinds of good for remembering how absent minded you are... I will look for another thread about weed started by this tool in about 3-4 months.
2014 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special - Mine
2014 Harley Davidson Breakout - Wifey
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #81
Edirty9
Rep
Drives: "Chalkboard" e39 528i

Garage List
1997 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Okay let's drop some personal experience here.

Been smoking 4 years straight here, I've loved all of it. Except for one thing. I thought weed could never hurt me or make me sick, I was wrong. Weed isn't safe for EVERYONE. Over my years of smoking I'd been using it medicinally helping with eating and stomach aches and what not, I was still getting the stomachs problems however at least once a month, they would be so bad I couldn't get out of bed and I'd start getting the cold sweats and throwing up all day long. I would try and smoke to calm my stomachs but that made it worse every time. Only thing that seemed to help was taking hot showers, but it still persisted. No idea what was wrong with me but this went on about once a month for 3 years, never went to the doctors because I simply didn't have time/the money so I never found out what was wrong with me, until now..

I was diagnosed with Cannabis Hypermesis Syndrome (<click). Yep. Who fuckin knew that existed? I didn't. So now here I am weening myself off weed so I can at least get this getting sick thing under control. I've decided to quit for a month or however long for me to feel completely refreshed then I'm going to only be smoking once a week maybe. Like a Friday/Saturday kinda thing. Hopefully I no longer get sick.

I love weed. I love it. I love what it does, I love how it helps. I think it's a amazing pain reliever for really sick and really injured patients, I believe it can cure the mind aswell from depression and other problems. As much as I love it, I can't stand by as people try to say nothing will ever go wrong because you could be like me and have CHS. It' not fun throwing up for 16 hours straight, not eating or being able to keep water down and sweating so much your bed changes colors. Just be safe, if you want to smoke a lot of weed sure, but don't ignore the signs your body's sending you if it doesn't like it.

Also i just want to add, you should treat weed like alcohol if you want the rest of the world to take IT and YOU seriously. it might not destroy you as much as alcohol but people DO get in accident from being high and distracted or tired. Just treat weed with the respect it deserves and then maybe people and governments will take it more seriously too.

Last edited by Edirty9; 09-03-2013 at 12:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #82
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edirty9 View Post
Okay let's drop some personal experience here.

Been smoking 4 years straight here, I've loved all of it. Except for one thing. I thought weed could never hurt me or make me sick, I was wrong. Weed isn't safe for EVERYONE. Over my years of smoking I'd been using it medicinally helping with eating and stomach aches and what not, I was still getting the stomachs problems however at least once a month, they would be so bad I couldn't get out of bed and I'd start getting the cold sweats and throwing up all day long. I would try and smoke to calm my stomachs but that made it worse every time. Only thing that seemed to help was taking hot showers, but it still persisted. No idea what was wrong with me but this went on about once a month for 3 years, never went to the doctors because I simply didn't have time/the money so I never found out what was wrong with me, until now..

I was diagnosed with Cannabis Hypermesis Syndrome (<click). Yep. Who fuckin knew that existed? I didn't. So now here I am weening myself off weed so I can at least get this getting sick thing under control. I've decided to quit for a month or however long for me to feel completely refreshed then I'm going to only be smoking once a week maybe. Like a Friday/Saturday kinda thing. Hopefully I no longer get sick.

I love weed. I love it. I love what it does, I love how it helps. I think it's a amazing pain reliever for really sick and really injured patients, I believe it can cure the mind aswell from depression and other problems. As much as I love it, I can't stand by as people try to say nothing will ever go wrong because you could be like me and have CHS. It' not fun throwing up for 16 hours straight, not eating or being able to keep water down and sweating so much your bed changes colors. Just be safe, if you want to smoke a lot of weed sure, but don't ignore the signs your body's sending you if it doesn't like it.

Also i just want to add, you should treat weed like alcohol if you want the rest of the world to take IT and YOU seriously. it might not destroy you as much as alcohol but people DO get in accident from being high and distracted or tired. Just treat weed with the respect it deserves and then maybe people and governments will take it more seriously too.
Very interesting, I had never heard of CHS before your post. First serious negative effect (other than the <25 years-of-age brain development issue) I've read. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #83
Edirty9
Rep

Garage List
1997 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullrouted View Post
Very interesting, I had never heard of CHS before your post. First serious negative effect (other than the <25 years-of-age brain development issue) I've read. Thanks for sharing.
I reacted exactly the same when i first read about it from another person who has CHS on the website reddit. My eyebrows raised immediately, went to the doctors and my suspicions were confirmed.

The good thing about this is it's not permanent. I have taken a 3 month tolerance break before, didn't get sick one time, everything was normal after that. Started smoking again though and a month later...

So this isn't exactly a huge medical problem, but it could be to someone maybe older . I know its for sure a scary thing. Throwing up. All. Day. Long. its horrid. But it will stop, and it will go away.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #84
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Man sucks to hear about CHS. Never had it and i'm guessing its something like food poisoning where you just non stop puke for a day straight and can't even drink water without throwing it back up.

So what's the cure for it? More weed? lol
      09-05-2013, 03:59 PM   #85
Edirty9
Rep

Garage List
1997 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Man sucks to hear about CHS. Never had it and i'm guessing its something like food poisoning where you just non stop puke for a day straight and can't even drink water without throwing it back up.

So what's the cure for it? More weed? lol

This is EXACTLY what its like, and what i thought it was for so long. Vomiting alllll day long. Can't eat/drink without it flying back up 5 mins later.

The cure is, no weed. Gotta stop smoking/eating it. Thats the only time it goes away.

I've tried smoking many times while i felt the symptoms starting and ive tried smoking when im full blown sick and throwing up, doesn't help AT ALL, makes me instantly puke/cough hard. I've also been sick all day, felt better decided to smoke and play video games till 3-4 am(because id been up all day long in bed throwing up/sleeping) next day i was sick again. Its like my bodys trying to purge out the cannabinoids and i just keep throwing more on top.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #86
bmw325i
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
When I worked in MI, my Matco Tool salesman was diagnosed with stage 2 lung cancer and got his medical card and extracted the THC and condensed it down into pill form. I don't know the details, but I went and visited him at home when he took a leave from work and his condition cleared away after 3 weeks.

When he went in and denied wanting care the hospital said he might have had a year to live. I talk to him on the phone to this day almost 3 years later.

Like I said, I don't know all the details of how he processed it, but they were small capsules about 3/4 full of the extract.

He sent the same information to my mechanic in the shop at the time for his mother. She couldn't get out of bed for anything, couldn't even feed herself. After about 2 weeks she began feeding herself. After 3 weeks she began walking. After 4 weeks he claimed it was like nothing ever happened.

It was most likely Rick Simpson Oil in a capsule form. You can find more info on it here if your interested. http://phoenixtears.ca
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2013, 01:54 AM   #87
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edirty9 View Post
This is EXACTLY what its like, and what i thought it was for so long. Vomiting alllll day long. Can't eat/drink without it flying back up 5 mins later.

The cure is, no weed. Gotta stop smoking/eating it. Thats the only time it goes away.

I've tried smoking many times while i felt the symptoms starting and ive tried smoking when im full blown sick and throwing up, doesn't help AT ALL, makes me instantly puke/cough hard. I've also been sick all day, felt better decided to smoke and play video games till 3-4 am(because id been up all day long in bed throwing up/sleeping) next day i was sick again. Its like my bodys trying to purge out the cannabinoids and i just keep throwing more on top.
This seems like a serious problem and you should probably lay off the sticky icky. If you're still persistent about about gettin blazed then I would highly suggest you use a vaporizer and see how that goes. It's seriously a much cleaner high without having to smoke anything. I highly recommend a vape called Vapir NO2 for you avid smokers that have never tried a vaporizer. I have been using it for 2 years and haven't even smoked once since. Good luck with your condition sir.
      09-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #88
Edirty9
Rep

Garage List
1997 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
This seems like a serious problem and you should probably lay off the sticky icky. If you're still persistent about about gettin blazed then I would highly suggest you use a vaporizer and see how that goes. It's seriously a much cleaner high without having to smoke anything. I highly recommend a vape called Vapir NO2 for you avid smokers that have never tried a vaporizer. I have been using it for 2 years and haven't even smoked once since. Good luck with your condition sir.

Yes i know, thats why i have stopped now.

Vape or anything really couldn't help me, its my body rejecting the cannabinoids because its being overloaded basically. Can't eat it or smoke it period pretty much. But like i said, once i clear my system smoking once a week or even every 2 i should have no more problems because my body would be clean by the next time i partake.

for the last year and a half i switched from regular bud to concentrates, BHO mainly. So ive basically been "vaping" when i dab, same concept. Also i was using a "DabR" vape pen for awhile too, off and on. Made me cough more and taste wasn't as good as the titanium nail i have. But yeah, thanks for the well wishes. Only shared my story so more people can become aware, so if it starts happening to someone they can find out sooner than i did, took 3ish years for me.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread