BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Closed Thread

11-29-2018, 08:19 PM   #221
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
My mom is 83. Lupus, diverticulitis, fibermyalgia, bad heart, you name it. She could barely get out of bed. Doctor after doctor, hospital after hospital. About a year ago she tried the CBD oil. Now she is cooking again and cleaning house and even (yikes!) talking about driving.
      11-30-2018, 12:52 AM   #222
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
My mom is 83. Lupus, diverticulitis, fibermyalgia, bad heart, you name it. She could barely get out of bed. Doctor after doctor, hospital after hospital. About a year ago she tried the CBD oil. Now she is cooking again and cleaning house and even (yikes!) talking about driving.
Doctors aren't stupid. Lupus symptoms often to into remission and Diverticulitis is just an inflammation of little "pockets" of the colon often triggered by low-fiber diets. Fibromyalgia has no known pathophysiology and is really just a psychogenic condition.

I'm happy your mother is feeling better, but there are legit explanations for why her medical conditions aren't bothering her at the moment. CBD of course has been shown to help with pain/inflammation, but beyond that there's no evidence. It's not gonna do shit for one's heart. Cardiac conditions are overwhelmingly structural or rhythmic in nature.

Last edited by Germanauto; 11-30-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Appreciate 1
RogHer51.50
      11-30-2018, 06:40 AM   #223
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I did not mean to imply doctors are dumb. CBD oil is not one of the tools mainstream doctors are allowed to use. As far as it all being in her head, that's one of those things that is hard to prove or disprove. All I'm stating is until she tried CBD oil she was having a hard time in everyday life. Honestly, I couldn't care less if it is snake oil - the first time I saw her bounce down the front porch stairs like a sixteen-year-old (83 years old and didn't even touch the handrail!!) I was flabbergasted - and convinced.
      11-30-2018, 07:16 AM   #224
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

All your physical ailments are because of a lifetime of meat and animal products diet,

no amount of wishing and 'scienctific' proof is gonna change that
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 01:29 PM   #225
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I did not mean to imply doctors are dumb. CBD oil is not one of the tools mainstream doctors are allowed to use. As far as it all being in her head, that's one of those things that is hard to prove or disprove. All I'm stating is until she tried CBD oil she was having a hard time in everyday life. Honestly, I couldn't care less if it is snake oil - the first time I saw her bounce down the front porch stairs like a sixteen-year-old (83 years old and didn't even touch the handrail!!) I was flabbergasted - and convinced.
Not saying it's snake oil b/c there is scientific evidence it helps certain patients. I was just implying the turn in events could be coincidental. I'm happy for you, your mother, and your family.
Appreciate 1
      11-30-2018, 02:03 PM   #226
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

For those that say CBD is a mental placebo, how about this.... I gave some cbd oil to my parents to give to the family dog that is now 15yo. The dog suffered from a bad hip and some other rear leg ailments, and wouldnt walk or eat, would just lay akwardly(bc of the rear legs). Within an hour of giving the dog CBD oil, she was up and walking around and was asking to be fed(sitting at her bowl). Ever since they have been giving micro doses to the dog and she is doing damn good for a 15yo dog. Explain that one.
sspade2460.00
      11-30-2018, 03:09 PM   #227
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

i mean of course she got the munchies after you gave it to her
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2018, 07:40 PM   #228
adc100
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Cannabis cream us a miracle. I have an ache in the back of my neck maybe 10% of the time. My daughter who lives in WV does a lot of running and uses it. Next trip down to WV, some will be coming home with me. It lasts all day.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2018, 08:11 AM   #229
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

So what in it makes it have those properties and still not a drug? Aspirin is a drug you are confusing usefulness with the word drug as a negative stigma.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 09:29 AM   #230
AWF10M5
Banned
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Any other heavy smokers on here? You guys experience "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome". CHS its short for.

Basically when you smoke everyday for years your body eventually starts rejecting the THC and you vomit like crazy once you try to stop/slow down the smoking. I have been smoking since I was a pre teen 10 years now and been trying to cut off/wee off the last few weeks but the CHS is terrible. I will be throwing up for hours with no relief and its worse when you have no food in you and you're throwing up bile and just dry heaving, sweating like crazy. It is worse than any stomach poisoning/bug. Feels like you are about to die.

I would also disagree with marijuana being good for your health. It is good for your mental health maybe because it helps you move on and forget and ignore certain things but overall for your health it is definitely not good. And this is from someone whose been smoking everyday for years.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:37 AM   #231
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post
Any other heavy smokers on here? You guys experience "Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome". CHS its short for.

Basically when you smoke everyday for years your body eventually starts rejecting the THC and you vomit like crazy once you try to stop/slow down the smoking. I have been smoking since I was a pre teen 10 years now and been trying to cut off/wee off the last few weeks but the CHS is terrible. I will be throwing up for hours with no relief and its worse when you have no food in you and you're throwing up bile and just dry heaving, sweating like crazy. It is worse than any stomach poisoning/bug. Feels like you are about to die.

I would also disagree with marijuana being good for your health. It is good for your mental health maybe because it helps you move on and forget and ignore certain things but overall for your health it is definitely not good. And this is from someone whose been smoking everyday for years.
Sounds like withdrawal, you sure your pot hasn't been laced with a little extra all these years?? lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #232
PKL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4, 2022 X6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWF10M5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Sounds like withdrawal, you sure your pot hasn't been laced with a little extra all these years?? lol
I am pretty sure it is scientifically proven that the "withdrawal" symptoms from marijuana are psychological and NOT physical.

As someone who has been using almost daily for about 15 years (with some breaks for studying for major tests, etc.) I have NEVER experienced or really even heard of vomiting from marijuana withdrawal. What else is going on in your health/life?
      12-18-2018, 01:30 PM   #233
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKL View Post
I am pretty sure it is scientifically proven that the "withdrawal" symptoms from marijuana are psychological and NOT physical.

As someone who has been using almost daily for about 15 years (with some breaks for studying for major tests, etc.) I have NEVER experienced or really even heard of vomiting from marijuana withdrawal. What else is going on in your health/life?
Wasn't trying to insinuate that you can go through withdrawal from marijuana, thats why the second part of the sentence was there. More of a sarcastic observation haha

But I agree I have never heard of someone with this nor experienced this myself.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 04:55 PM   #234
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

So if one wanted to procure some marijuana how would they go about it? Asking for a friend. This friend hasn't smoked weed in 20 years.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 05:40 PM   #235
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Weed store
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      09-22-2019, 11:11 PM   #236
Haystack
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91/1995 325is/85 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post

My oh my... how times have changed from just a few years ago when you had to meet some shady dude to score some stank ass dope and risk getting yourself busted. Now its completely legal and virtually no smell during use and absolutely no smell after use. Definitely eases the mind!
I'm originally from the East Coast. When I came to visit Humboldt, I saw a guy smoking outside a gas station. At the time, where I was from, this would have been a 5 police cruiser/SWAT team raid on a guy smoking a joint. I couldn't believe he was doing it out in the open, just because I had gone for so many years buying from sketchy people, figuring out someplace private to smoke..

Now?

I'm in that business, and I've thrown away pounds of cannabis just because they're old and I know I'll never end up smoking them. Which would blow my mind 10 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:08 PM   #237
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Weed store
this friend does not live in a state with weed stores
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #238
RogHer
Banned
Rep
Drives: R 310.

I'm a living example of the dangers of the weed. As an alcoholic and regular consumer of weed, I've spent many months in rehab. The stories of other 'inmates' are remarkably similar to my own. I've developed 'CIP' (Cannabis Induced Psychosis) that manifests itself as violent psychotic episodes that are partially controlled by drugs. The CIP is permanent. It's ruined my life. Don't let it ruin yours
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 01:19 PM   #239
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
You could always get into bitcoin and lurk around the dark web. Make sure that you have some off shore accounts to filter the funds through as not to draw attention to the feds who are constantly monitoring for these types of transactions. It's risky and dangerous.

......or you could just go ask any 13 year old where to buy it from.
Appreciate 1
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-09-2019, 04:33 PM   #240
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Save up and drive to one
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #241
Nativetexan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: %C2%9118 F80 ZCP

While the chemicals in marijuana are being proven to be "okay for the human body" it truly comes down to the fact that smoking anything is bad for your cardiovascular system.

And edibles, while potentially safer for your cardiovascular system, present a whole other set of issues from over consumption, that leads to it's own host of problems.

"Everything in moderation" is a motto to live by.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #242
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Well then the research is wrong. A drug is anything used that has a physiological effect on the body. Water is a drug.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34171.50
Closed Thread