BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

12-13-2018, 12:53 AM   #23
Divbetic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie6 View Post
An eye opening book I read almost 20 years ago was "Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution". I highly recommend it.

From http://www.diabetes-book.com/ :

Diagnosed with type 1 diabetes in 1946 at the age of 12, Dr. Richard K. Bernstein never set out to be a doctor. Not only that but according to statistics from the American Diabetes Association, he should have been long dead by now.

That he is very much alive and, in fact, in excellent health, can be attributed to two primary causes. The first is that he was originally trained as an engineer and attacked his disease as a problem to be solved and not a condition to be treated. The second is that he was fortunate enough to still to be alive when the first blood glucose meters arrived on the scene.

He is the first diabetic ever to monitor his own blood sugars.

Google "Dr. Richard K. Bernstein" for more info.
Wanted to thank you for sharing Bernsteins information. Very interesting stuff, I was diagnosed at the same age and have been managing for 8 years now. Look forward to reading his book!
arkie6397.00