BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-24-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
anexos
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 535i E60

Different steering wheels compatibility

Hey, guys, I wonder if you can help me out with a question I have.

So, I'm planing on changing the steering wheel on my E60 (N54) and at first I was considering the one that is just the same as the OEM one but in carbon fiber, it looks really good, but after seeing other BMWs' steering wheels I started considering putting a more modern one, like the F10's or F30's...

I know the same steering wheel used in the E60 was used in a 6 series, exactly the same wheel, but what I wonder is if any of you knows what other (different) steering wheels may be compatible with the E60. I know any one can fit but I mainly wonder for the compatibility of the multi-function buttons and because the harnesses for the buttons and the airbags may change, but I'm not sure if any other model's steering wheel may have the same harnesses.

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0