BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-06-2020, 08:21 AM   #3455
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
This is my favorite weekend of the entire year. It's Spring forward boys and girls! Sunday it will be light until 7 PM. My sunny disposition will be back to kick my evil twin into hiding until November. I hate that bitch.

Carry on.
Dang3r12503.00
King Rudi13152.00
      03-06-2020, 12:47 PM   #3456
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
I never prep for my meetings/calls and wing it, because I know I can get by and perform well while winging it and people seem to appreciate what I say and how I say them, but deep down I always have the "what if they are just being nice and they actually think it sucks"
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 01:35 PM   #3457
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
I've lost hope
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:28 PM   #3458
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Just when I thought I couldn't hate this job more...

Just overheard my boss talking about re-purposing this shit table that fell apart & won't stand on it's own anymore (It's not cubes or anything, just an oddly shaped shit table).

Into a workstation for myself & 2 of my coworkers. I have my own office. I work better in my own space. I am not bothering anyone. You want to make an already unhappy employee even more unhappy? Fuck you.

Gotta come up with a professional and tactful way to not have this happen & remain in my office. Suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 11:42 AM   #3459
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
both yesterday and today I'm attending a class to be OSHA certified and I have been either hungover or under the influence since 2pm Friday

I am the safety hazard they are talking about
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
cmyx6go15573.50
      03-09-2020, 07:56 AM   #3460
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
both yesterday and today I'm attending a class to be OSHA certified and I have been either hungover or under the influence since 2pm Friday

You are doing it right
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 09:57 AM   #3461
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Most boring training ever. Talk about beating a dead horse.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #3462
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
After doing a bunch of mods etc over the winter, I took the Miata out for the first drive of the year yesterday....only to have the crank position sensor fail & almost get me rear ended by a semi & dead. So now it sits till I replace that. Can't enjoy anything.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 11:30 AM   #3463
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
& I'm also on a losing streak today with online poker. Thankfully, I just play the .01/.02 cash games. Lost $6 today so far!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #3464
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:

I used to to host OSHA training for forklift operators. When we got to the question "Why should you cross a railroad tracks at an angle?" the whole crew in unison would say "So I don't spill my beer!"
King Rudi13152.00
      03-09-2020, 11:38 AM   #3465
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
& I'm also on a losing streak today with online poker. Thankfully, I just play the .01/.02 cash games. Lost $6 today so far!
As an old dude I used to work with would say, "I can't kill nothing, and won't nothing die."
      03-09-2020, 11:39 AM   #3466
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
After doing a bunch of mods etc over the winter, I took the Miata out for the first drive of the year yesterday....only to have the crank position sensor fail & almost get me rear ended by a semi & dead. So now it sits till I replace that. Can't enjoy anything.
Nice stacks
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:40 AM   #3467
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just when I thought I couldn't hate this job more...

Just overheard my boss talking about re-purposing this shit table that fell apart & won't stand on it's own anymore (It's not cubes or anything, just an oddly shaped shit table).

Into a workstation for myself & 2 of my coworkers. I have my own office. I work better in my own space. I am not bothering anyone. You want to make an already unhappy employee even more unhappy? Fuck you.

Gotta come up with a professional and tactful way to not have this happen & remain in my office. Suggestions?
I've got 3 suggestions for you to remain in your office: beans, cabbage, and hard-boiled eggs.
      03-09-2020, 11:42 AM   #3468
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I've got 3 suggestions for you to remain in your office: beans, cabbage, and hard-boiled eggs.
I do actually have IBS so maybe I could say to him "Do they really want me in close quarters with my IBS?"
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:44 AM   #3469
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
I do actually have IBS so maybe I could say to him "Do they really want me in close quarters with my IBS?"
I feel like if they move you into close quarters with other people, that it's discrimination because of your IBS and will make you feel uncomfortable.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 11:51 AM   #3470
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Stop bathing and stop wearing deodorant, and eat a lot of garlic. Should only take a week or two.
      03-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #3471
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
This is my favorite weekend of the entire year. It's Spring forward boys and girls! Sunday it will be light until 7 PM. My sunny disposition will be back to kick my evil twin into hiding until November. I hate that bitch.

Carry on.
Glad to have you back dear.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 12:39 PM   #3472
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I used to to host OSHA training for forklift operators. When we got to the question "Why should you cross a railroad tracks at an angle?" the whole crew in unison would say "So I don't spill my beer!"
Nice. I'm a forklift and Boom/Scissor lift trainer. Good stuff. Oh the stories I hear.
Appreciate 1
      03-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #3473
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Nice. I'm a forklift and Boom/Scissor lift trainer. Good stuff. Oh the stories I hear.
Yep, got a lot of stories. I worked in lumber yards, and did just about every job at one time or another - sawyer, fork lift operator, truck driver (flatbed, boom truck, dry van) before moving into management. At the biggest yard I ended up at, we moved 4 million pounds of lumber a day. Kept 6 Hyster 195XL's and a bunch of smaller lifts moving non-stop all day long. A LOT of weird shit can happen when you're handling that much material over rough ground, on snow and ice, and in searing heat in the summer.
      03-09-2020, 01:15 PM   #3474
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Yep, got a lot of stories. I worked in lumber yards, and did just about every job at one time or another - sawyer, fork lift operator, truck driver (flatbed, boom truck, dry van) before moving into management. At the biggest yard I ended up at, we moved 4 million pounds of lumber a day. Kept 6 Hyster 195XL's and a bunch of smaller lifts moving non-stop all day long. A LOT of weird shit can happen when you're handling that much material over rough ground, on snow and ice, and in searing heat in the summer.
Much different environment in your case. Mine is all manufacturing industrial use and all indoors. You have WAY more potential of accidents. Hell, I can't even consistently get our guys to complete inspection reports at the beginning and end of each shift.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 01:20 PM   #3475
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You are doing it right
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Most boring training ever. Talk about beating a dead horse.
It's really, really boring because most of the stuff can be summarized as "don't be dumb, if someone is being dumb tell them to stop. come up with protective measures to combat against dumb people"

Quote:
confession: NA miatas are the ugliest because of the pop ups, really appreciate the NB brother

Quote:
Our training guy is very relaxed so that's kinda the environment we have going on too, but spending 3 weekends 9am-2pm on both days is really not ideal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Oh? Train me please, the more the guy talked about forklifts the more I wanted to get one and make a racing version of it. Rear engine+rear wheel steering on front wheel drive sounds like the opposite of a shopping cart, lowering the center of gravity sounds like it would be a hoot to whip around the warehouse
Appreciate 2
      03-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #3476
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I feel like if they move you into close quarters with other people, that it's discrimination because of your IBS and will make you feel uncomfortable.

With all the shit I have to deal with in life right now, I'm a ticking time bomb on losing my shit.
Appreciate 0