BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #23
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

maybe it's not because she's iranian but because she's a woman. woman drivers FTL. sorry, but it's just the truth.
      03-05-2009, 06:07 PM   #24
Italteen3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
You obviously have no knowledge of Iran. Woman have been driving there for years now. Get your facts straight, then come back to me and tell me I pulled the racism card.

I'm sure if my mom wasn't wearing her scarf, it would of gone down the same way.

I can't even say that without laughing.

I hate it when people don't know what they're talking about.
So you KNOW for a FACT that if she didn't have the scarf on that he would have willingly admitted fault to the cop instead of changing his story? Unless he was wearing a shirt that said "I hate Iranians" I don't see how you KNOW it was racism. I'm not saying it wasn't racism, and I don't know the whole story, but what if 888 is right and the real reason he changed his story is because his friends said they have his back? It's like a fight in HS all your friends see there friend hit someone and have his back telling the principal that the other person swung first.

About the ticket there should be no problem getting that wiped away. Like others have said if there was a redlight camera there she would have a ticket if she blew it, or a regular camera would screw the other driver as well. So when she doesn't get one she has the ticket waived.

Glad your mom is ok though! That is the most important thing.

Last edited by Italteen3; 03-05-2009 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #25
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Italteen3 View Post
So you KNOW for a FACT that if she didn't have the scarf on that he would have willingly admitted fault to the cop instead of changing his story? Unless he was wearing a shirt that said "I hate Iranians" I don't see how you KNOW it was racism. I'm not saying it wasn't racism, and I don't know the whole story, but what if 888 is right and the real reason he changed his story is because his friends said they have his back? It's like a fight in HS all your friends see there friend hit someone and have his back telling the principal that the other person swung first.

About the ticket there should be no problem getting that wiped away. Like others have said if there was a redlight camera there she would have a ticket if she blew it, or a regular camera would screw the other driver as well. So when she doesn't get one she has the ticket waived.

Glad your mom is ok though! That is the most important thing.

The thing is, the after the accident, the man came out of his car and admitted that it was his fault. 3 woman came by pulled the guy over and started speaking to him. That is when his story changed.

I would just like to thank all of you for your support. It really does mean a lot.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #26
purespin52
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 SG 330xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
Seriously I am sorry and think these guys are assholes if what you are saying is true. But why must it be a racist thing. I am sure that the friends would back up the other driver no matter what the sex or race???

I hate it when people pull the racism card whenever things don't go their way.

Your mom is lucky she can drive in this country.
what does that even mean????????????????
why is she lucky she can drive in this country???????????
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 02:24 PM   #27
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
You obviously have no knowledge of Iran. Woman have been driving there for years now. Get your facts straight, then come back to me and tell me I pulled the racism card.

I'm sure if my mom wasn't wearing her scarf, it would of gone down the same way.

I can't even say that without laughing.

I hate it when people don't know what they're talking about.
who cares about what woman can and can't do in Iran, I was not specifically talking about Iran (which I am sure is a lovely place).

I can't wait until 2023 when us whites are going to be a minority in this country, then we will also be able to play the discrimination card.

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #28
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888 View Post
who cares about what woman can and can't do in Iran, I was not specifically talking about Iran (which I am sure is a lovely place).

I can't wait until 2023 when us whites are going to be a minority in this country, then we will also be able to play the discrimination card.

Bet you can't wait.

Thank you everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
SoYank
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT

Garage List
Could you explain the accident a bit better? Which side was hit? Was the other vehicle turning left across your mom's lane or making a right turn onto your mom's lane?

The fact that he struck the side of your mom's car would indicate that he failed to yield the right of way. To counter any claim he might make stating "he had the right of way" check the Maryland vehicle code. Chances are the law does not state who has the right of way but, instead, who must yield the right of way. There is a big difference.

When the case goes to court, merely bring the guys friends onto the stand and ask their relationship with him. When he states that they are friends, move to have them disqualified as witnesses. It now becomes a he-said, she-said issue. Contest the ticket. Unless there is proof that your mom is at fault the ticket can not stand. The ticket was issued based on the testimony given the LEO by the witnesses. If they have been disqualified as witnesses the ticket has no merit.

Maryland is also a no-fault state. You can be held at fault for merely being involved no matter what the traffic control devices show.
Quaife ATB LSD • Short Shift Knob • Hartge Anti-Roll Bars • AP Racing Front Brakes • 19" Style 269
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #30
shift330
Blue Force Tracker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
You can get the guy's address off the police report. What you do from there......don't tell anyone

Stay safe 855th MP Company! Hosmer/Espinoza you're my boys!!
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2009, 10:50 PM   #31
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYank View Post
Could you explain the accident a bit better? Which side was hit? Was the other vehicle turning left across your mom's lane or making a right turn onto your mom's lane?

The fact that he struck the side of your mom's car would indicate that he failed to yield the right of way. To counter any claim he might make stating "he had the right of way" check the Maryland vehicle code. Chances are the law does not state who has the right of way but, instead, who must yield the right of way. There is a big difference.

When the case goes to court, merely bring the guys friends onto the stand and ask their relationship with him. When he states that they are friends, move to have them disqualified as witnesses. It now becomes a he-said, she-said issue. Contest the ticket. Unless there is proof that your mom is at fault the ticket can not stand. The ticket was issued based on the testimony given the LEO by the witnesses. If they have been disqualified as witnesses the ticket has no merit.

Maryland is also a no-fault state. You can be held at fault for merely being involved no matter what the traffic control devices show.
I would certainly be happy to.

My mom was crossing a 2 lane road when she came up on a intersection. As my mom was traveling(in a straight line) This old man comes from the side and does not yield(He had a red light). His left side tire smashes into my moms left side. She skid into the grass and almost ran into a power line. We spoke with our insurance company and they are saying that the car has both suspension and frame damage. It may be totaled. They said the would look into more on Monday. We are certainly taking it to court. The fact is, the old man admitted earlier that it was his fault. His "friends" called him over and that is when his story changed. They started stating that my mom ran a red light. Both my mom and the old man claim that at least 3 other cars passed them after the accident happened. That is until he spoke with his "friends." My mom said that the people that spoke with the old man came out of nowhere. There was no one at the intersection other then the cars that were behind my mom coming to pass the light. No pedestrians were present. I will draw it out on paint for you. I think this may help clarify any confusion.

P.S. The officer said that because the old man has a people to back-him up. She had to cite my mom for passing a red light.

All of this has a good though. We're waiting for the next generation 5 series to come out. My dad feels that my mom would be much safer in one then a cheap Camry that rattles like no tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 12:25 AM   #32
lauer87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

How do you know your mom didn't run the red light?

How do you know that these witnesses are in fact friends of the other driver?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #33
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

you are in maryland move or call the feds...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 01:44 AM   #34
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

who do you call if the police put something false on the report because they know the other driver or because of racism of incompetence? the fbi?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #35
dsc201knoc
thatbimmerguy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 95 ///M3, 97 ///M3, 08 2002

Garage List
sorry to hear that.... people are f-ed up.... Its sad that people can act like that..

135 For Sale
Parts Feeler
LET THE EAST COAST PLAY TOO!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #36
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
I would certainly be happy to.

My mom was crossing a 2 lane road when she came up on a intersection. As my mom was traveling(in a straight line) This old man comes from the side and does not yield(He had a red light). His left side tire smashes into my moms left side. She skid into the grass and almost ran into a power line. We spoke with our insurance company and they are saying that the car has both suspension and frame damage. It may be totaled. They said the would look into more on Monday. We are certainly taking it to court. The fact is, the old man admitted earlier that it was his fault. His "friends" called him over and that is when his story changed. They started stating that my mom ran a red light. Both my mom and the old man claim that at least 3 other cars passed them after the accident happened. That is until he spoke with his "friends." My mom said that the people that spoke with the old man came out of nowhere. There was no one at the intersection other then the cars that were behind my mom coming to pass the light. No pedestrians were present. I will draw it out on paint for you. I think this may help clarify any confusion.

P.S. The officer said that because the old man has a people to back-him up. She had to cite my mom for passing a red light.

All of this has a good though. We're waiting for the next generation 5 series to come out. My dad feels that my mom would be much safer in one then a cheap Camry that rattles like no tomorrow.

Maybe my comprehension sucks but this is what it sounds like
two lanes, i'm assuming you are saying both sides are two lanes and both drivers heading opposite direction. The old man is at the intersection awaiting turn signal to turn your mom has green light and continues her path with no cars on her right but cars behind her? somehow the old man turns on red and collides his left side into your mother left side thus causing the car to slide into the grass. Now what I don't understand is why doesn't the people behind your mother come out and assist? I assume they had to brake in order not to collide in the incident? this story doesn't sound right to me.

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #37
ChronoJ1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Euro

I don't understand why you are asking for an advice here. Go see a lawyer now!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2009, 03:23 PM   #38
I'm takin' the day off.
South Africa
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoJ1 View Post
I don't understand why you are asking for an advice here. Go see a lawyer now!
HotIce is not asking for advice he is telling us how his family is being “discriminated” against because of how his mom dresses.

If they don’t have any traffic camera or forensic evidence no lawyer in the world will be able to help.

If I was a judge going on HotIce’s version of events it is quite clear that his mom is not very aware of her surroundings and probably is at fault.

As per HotIce:

“Two of the guys friends saw the accident happen. They quickly go over to the guy and tell him that they will tell the cops that it was my moms fault and he shouldn't worry about it.”

“My mom said that the people that spoke with the old man came out of nowhere. There was no one at the intersection

HotIce must assume that it is possible that his mom may be at fault. I have a friend who once went through a red light he also swore that it was green and only forensic evidence proved he was mistaken. It can happen??
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 10:12 PM   #39
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport

Does she recall EXACTLY what time it occurred? Traffic lights are preprogrammed, so if she recalls the exact moment, you might be able to use that to your advantage and get the other douchebags for presenting misleading/fraudulent information. Man, I'm in Baltimore right now, and I have to say, this has got to be one of the shittiest, dirtiest, crappiest, did i say shittiest? places in the US. Baltimore blows.

Well, that's what you get in the heroin (or crack cocaine) capital of the nation...
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #40
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I hope this gets settled fairly mate. There is no place for racism in society.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0