BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-30-2019, 12:14 AM   #221
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Let's begin a new thread about the transition from the Mueller Investigation and Hoax to the Barr Investigation of the foundations of the information used to create the report, the FISA warrant violations, the now-confirmed allegations of spying on the Trump Campaign, the malfeasance of the FBI leadership, as well as the leaks of classified information to the media by the aforementioned FBI leadership. Oh...don't forget a proper investigation of the Hillary Clinton E-mail server debacle including the 30K+ deleted email and the destruction of any and all devices which may have held evidence of the aforementioned violations.

Mueller is closed. Let's move on the the next chapter.

Please keep it civil.
Cheers-mk
How is it going?
      08-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #222
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
How is it going?
Quite well, thanks for asking.
Attached Images

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 10:07 AM   #223
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Meh. Click-bait sensationalist headlines are nothing new for either side.

"Damning" because he broke FBI policy. What are they going to do, fire him again?

...The 83-page report on Comey's handling of "sensitive information," released Thursday, said the investigation found "no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media."...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-james-comey

Snooze-fest.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 08-30-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

08-30-2019, 10:08 AM   #224
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:
How is it going?
GONZO certainly missed on his jail and treason prediction. Not so much as a slap on the wrist.
      08-30-2019, 10:38 AM   #225
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
How is it going?
How is the Russia-gate investigation going? I could back and find all sorts of old posts regarding that, but what kind of no life does that?
Appreciate 1
lakefront183.50

08-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #226
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Meh. Click-bait sensationalist headlines are nothing new for either side.

"Damning" because he broke FBI policy. What are they going to do, fire him again?

...The 83-page report on Comey's handling of "sensitive information," released Thursday, said the investigation found "no evidence that Comey or his attorneys released any of the classified information contained in any of the Memos to members of the media."...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...on-james-comey

Snooze-fest.
The language they used is very specific. What is written is absolutely true. What's not written is that he used the professor as a "cutout" to get the information to the media.

While I'm not conversant on that part of federal law, I understand that being responsible for an information leak whether through negligence or a result of one's direct or indirect action when I had my clearance was still an offense. I'd like to ask Run Silent for his experience on this and you, as well, since I believe you did contracting for the government, too.

What say you?

Appreciate 1
      08-30-2019, 10:57 AM   #227
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
The language they used is very specific. What is written is absolutely true. What's not written is that he used the professor as a "cutout" to get the information to the media.

While I'm not conversant on that part of federal law, I understand that being responsible for an information leak whether through negligence or a result of one's direct or indirect action when I had my clearance was still an offense. I'd like to ask Run Silent for his experience on this and you, as well, since I believe you did contracting for the government, too.

What say you?
I still have my TS clearance and I'm typing this from my office on MCB Quantico.

Honestly, I'm not sure from a legal perspective. I just always do everything I can to prevent spillage of any sort. Best not to tempt fate, right?

I don't see any reason for the IG to be attempting to protect Comey, so if he did something shady, I would expect it to be called out.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

08-30-2019, 11:04 AM   #228
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
I still have my TS clearance and I'm typing this from my office on MCB Quantico.

Honestly, I'm not sure from a legal perspective. I just always do everything I can to prevent spillage of any sort. Best not to tempt fate, right?

I don't see any reason for the IG to be attempting to protect Comey, so if he did something shady, I would expect it to be called out.
Exactly. His act of leaking to the professor was deliberate and, in a just world, should have engendered some type of legal repercussion.

On your last point I agree but there is always the, "insider network", that protects its own no matter the industry or profession.

Plans for the holiday?

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #229
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. His act of leaking to the professor was deliberate and, in a just world, should have engendered some type of legal repercussion.
Maybe, maybe not. We both admit we're not familiar with the law(s) in question, nor the prosecutorial "norms" for that type of violation. Right?

Quote:
On your last point I agree but there is always the, "insider network", that protects its own no matter the industry or profession.
Completely fair - I would think Barr being at the head of the table would prevent most/all of that, however, especially in this specific case.

Quote:
Plans for the holiday?
Not much. Mom's birthday is on Sunday, so we're having a little cookout for her, cake/ice cream, etc.

How about you and yours?
Appreciate 2
Run Silent11873.50
MKSixer14538.50

08-30-2019, 11:46 AM   #230
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
GONZO certainly missed on his jail and treason prediction. Not so much as a slap on the wrist.
Tsk, tsk and tsk.

* I never said anything about treason. But you do. You are certain that the POTUS committed treason and should be punished by death. Never mind your hundreds of collusion posts.
* The gist of yesterday's report has been known for weeks and that the DOJ was not pursuing prosecution. Guess you missed all of that too.
* Barr Durham are working on the Comey Going To Jail case(s). You know, the things that aren't out yet.
* Not even a slap on the wrist? Lol. The guy is melted Jello in the legal & LEO community. Reputation...shite!

Thanks Obama, Clinton, Clapper, Brennan, Lynch, McCabe and Comey. You managed to slime just about everything.

Try to not lie so much. You never know who's listening.

08-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #231
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

What say you?
I no longer maintain a clearance, but previously held a TS-SCI, SCIF, NPI clearance.

Essentially - release of classified information, whether deliberately or through negligence, is a crime and is punishable.

The question, is whether the information released was indeed classified, if it was - to what degree, and what the prosecutors feel they could actually prove in a court of law.

Normally, you don't see charges levied on folks that are not in the military, unless the release of classified information is egregious, blatant, and confirmed it did/or could have had substantial negative impact to the United States (think Reality Winner or Edward Snowden). For other, less serious violations, they are typically only charged if military personnel - as evidence burdens are much lower under the UCMJ than in a normal courtroom.

I'm not seeing anything here he is likely to be charged with. In addition, the release by the AG appears to be nothing more than a paper tiger - words only - Comey likely doesn't really give a shit.

Also - MK - thanks for asking what I am doing over the weekend- apparently I'm not part of the cool kid crowd.

J/K of course.

08-30-2019, 11:55 AM   #232
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
I no longer maintain a clearance, but previously held a TS-SCI, SCIF, NPI clearance.

Essentially - release of classified information, whether deliberately or through negligence, is a crime and is punishable.

The question, is whether the information released was indeed classified, if it was - to what degree, and what the prosecutors feel they could actually prove in a court of law.

Normally, you don't see charges levied on folks that are not in the military, unless the release of classified information is egregious, blatant, and confirmed it did/or could have had substantial negative impact to the United States (think Reality Winner or Edward Snowden). For other, less serious violations, they are typically only charged if military personnel - as evidence burdens are much lower under the UCMJ than in a normal courtroom.

I'm not seeing anything here he is likely to be charged with. In addition, the release by the AG appears to be nothing more than a paper tiger - words only - Comey likely doesn't really give a shit.

Also - MK - thanks for asking what I am doing over the weekend- apparently I'm not part of the cool kid crowd.

J/K of course.
Thanks for the response and the detailed clarity. It's all lost in the mist of time to me. And on your second to last point...the one before you start giving me a hard time , I think it's typical insider protection engaged.

Now...what do you have planned this weekend?

Now to both you and hooligan_COLD , I'm watching a boatload of Formula One, helping my parents at the house, meeting the gf for dinner on Saturday and cooking out on either Sunday or Monday. A pretty full weekend!

See...I included you.

Appreciate 2
      08-30-2019, 12:09 PM   #233
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the response and the detailed clarity. It's all lost in the mist of time to me. And on your second to last point...the one before you start giving me a hard time , I think it's typical insider protection engaged.

Now...what do you have planned this weekend?

Now to both you and hooligan_COLD , I'm watching a boatload of Formula One, helping my parents at the house, meeting the gf for dinner on Saturday and cooking out on either Sunday or Monday. A pretty full weekend!

See...I included you.

Ha! Of course I jest.

Also - did you say girlfriend? I was under the impression you were still "shopping around" - have we decided on someone? I believe details are in order.

With respect to us - we are going "glamping" in Dupont State Forest up in the mountains, near Lake Julia. Our "tent" includes a bedroom, a loft for our daughter, stove, microwave, bedroom with queen sized bed, shower, tub, and toilet.

That's about as close to "roughing it" as the wife and kiddo are willing to go. Works for me too, I'm too old for a replay of my life in my 20's with the gubbament. I want my luxuries.

08-30-2019, 12:13 PM   #234
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
See...I included you.
*I* had a secret clearance once, want to taste my beer?

I'm on call, so can't even go fishing
Appreciate 3
Run Silent11873.50
MKSixer14538.50

08-30-2019, 01:08 PM   #235
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
Quote:
How is it going?
How is the Russia-gate investigation going? I could back and find all sorts of old posts regarding that, but what kind of no life does that?
Lots on convictions. Many points proven on obstruction.
Why does Trump want Putin back in the G7?
      08-30-2019, 02:25 PM   #236
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Ha! Of course I jest.

Also - did you say girlfriend? I was under the impression you were still "shopping around" - have we decided on someone? I believe details are in order.

With respect to us - we are going "glamping" in Dupont State Forest up in the mountains, near Lake Julia. Our "tent" includes a bedroom, a loft for our daughter, stove, microwave, bedroom with queen sized bed, shower, tub, and toilet.

That's about as close to "roughing it" as the wife and kiddo are willing to go. Works for me too, I'm too old for a replay of my life in my 20's with the gubbament. I want my luxuries.
I completely understand on the luxuries. I also enjoy camping...at the local Ritz-Carlton or similar campground! It sounds like you have some fun planned and I hope you thoroughly enjoy it.

On the gf front, I had settled but then had doubts when someone else came back into my life but my rational brain kicked in and reminded me that the human brain idealizes memories to spare from negative events and while gorgeous, she was a bit self-centered and dramatic. So still with the Brazilian and hanging out with no real purpose in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
On call? On a holiday weekend? Newbie Penalty of the First Order!!

Appreciate 1
Run Silent11873.50

08-30-2019, 02:52 PM   #237
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
See...I included you.

I "liked" this post, but for clarity - I'm not "liking" that you have to be on call.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

08-30-2019, 05:20 PM   #238
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

I wonder if he was tapping that? Can't blame him if he was. Considering his big ass companion. She looks like she would be crazy good in bed.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 08:52 PM   #239
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Dude, she’s a friggin mess and can scare snakes
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
MKSixer14538.50

08-31-2019, 09:14 AM   #240
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Dude, she’s a friggin mess and can scare snakes
At the age of 73 you might think differently. Just something about her. One night material
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1410.00

08-31-2019, 10:16 AM   #241
Eriphill
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i

She looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. Precious....
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #242
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
At the age of 73 you might think differently. Just something about her. One night material
Nope.

Room-rate-by-the-hour motel material. Clearly.

Appreciate 0