BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

10-20-2018, 09:50 AM   #67
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: _

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I have mixed feelings about the wall, and illegal immigration. I don't agree with illegal immigration, but at the same time it's incredibly difficult crossing over into the US legally and becoming a US citizen. As mentioned previously in this thread, the process is basically shit. I personally don't think the wall will work, either. Some of these people coming in are desperate as fuck. Even if you had the US military at the border ready to shoot on site, the more desperate people will attempt to come in anyways. A wall would keep some of them away, sure, but when you're really desperate you'll find another way around whatever obstacle you're facing, eventually. Or die trying. I will say that some of these immigrants certainly aren't fit to be in American society in my opinion;I.e criminals, people that aren't willing to integrate into society, etc. But there are also a lot of them that are willing to make the effort to assimilate into US, but the means aren't really there. And like I said, there is some brutal shit going on in South America on a regular basis that these people are running away from. I'll just say that based on all these brutal videos I've seen online, I'd definitely make a run for the border even if i was likely to die.
Do you leave the doors open in your home since closing them won't stop everyone desperate enough from entering?

That isn't a rhetorical question.
This is what I tell Everyone I know that talks against the wall.

You can't be hypocritical, if you don't want a wall, open your door, tear your gates down, invite them over. Talk the talk and walk the walk.

I also agree with the above "why not stop in Mexico?" They want the USA because of how strong the US culture has been deployed in the world (restaurants, movies, etc) that's the downside of that culture spread

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5404.00

10-20-2018, 09:56 AM   #68
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Liberals won't be happy until we're all equally miserable, or equally dead.

There is absolutely no excuse nor any justification for this insanity to continue.
I'm starting to think they won't be happy till ever 1st world country becomes a third world shit hole. Of course they will live in the gated sections of these shut holes, while continuing to tell us how racist we all are.
This!!!

And when Trump said Mexico would pay for it, way back then when he first said it, I always thought he would become president and then explain "Mexico will pay for the wall indirectly through tariffs with our new NAFTA deal".

He didn't. And I don't know if:

1- he didn't think about saying that (that would shut up people)
2- if he can't legally say that (albeit it being true)
3- if that is just not going to happen

Could be a good way to get it approved, but what do I know? I don't know politics as well as they do.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 11:34 AM   #69
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnerDriver View Post

You can't be hypocritical, if you don't want a wall, open your door, tear your gates down, invite them over. Talk the talk and walk the walk.

I also agree with the above "why not stop in Mexico?" They want the USA because of how strong the US culture has been deployed in the world (restaurants, movies, etc) that's the downside of that culture spread

Cheers!
It's a stupid retort to those of us that see the wall as a waste of money and effort because it implies that being anti-wall = open borders. There are far more ways to reduce border crossing without building some boondoggle wall that primarily serves as an ego stroke to the fragile POTUS.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd4342.00

10-20-2018, 11:35 AM   #70
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by other_evolved View Post
Quote:

Cheers!
It's a stupid retort to those of us that see the wall as a waste of money and effort because it implies that being anti-wall = open borders. There are far more ways to reduce border crossing without building some boondoggle wall that primarily serves as an ego stroke to the fragile POTUS.
Name them, please.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 11:40 AM   #71
other_evolved
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 Chevrolet SS

Quote:
Name them, please.
Border crossing account for about 1/3 of our illegal entrants. The other 2/3 come from visa overstays, so addressing that system would garner greater results.

E-verify, additional resources to our legal process for deportation, larger penalties for employers using illegal workers.... These are just a few out of many other options that have been discussed many times in this forum.
Appreciate 1
________2134.50

10-20-2018, 11:58 AM   #72
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Name them, please.
Border crossing account for about 1/3 of our illegal entrants. The other 2/3 come from visa overstays, so addressing that system would garner greater results.

E-verify, additional resources to our legal process for deportation, larger penalties for employers using illegal workers.... These are just a few out of many other options that have been discussed many times in this forum.
I agree.

The problem is that most people opposed to the wall also oppose deportation.

The wall is just a replacement of the current wall/fences that already exist along the border (it's not something Trump put there).
It costs more initially, but reduce the amount of illegal entries (we're not talking immigration only, but thugs, guns and drugs), and greatly reduce the need for border patrol (patrol alone will cost more than the wall in the midterm).

You're reducing the wall to something it isn't: a "NEW" means of controlling illegal immigration. It's much more than that.

Edit: some stats on immigration: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...line-to-leave/
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 12:02 PM   #73
shockin330i
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mingwan View Post
I have mixed feelings about the wall, and illegal immigration. I donít agree with illegal immigration, but at the same time itís incredibly difficult crossing over into the US legally and becoming a US citizen. As mentioned previously in this thread, the process is basically shit. I personally donít think the wall will work, either. Some of these people coming in are desperate as fuck. Even if you had the US military at the border ready to shoot on site, the more desperate people will attempt to come in anyways. A wall would keep some of them away, sure, but when youíre really desperate youíll find another way around whatever obstacle youíre facing, eventually. Or die trying. I will say that some of these immigrants certainly arenít fit to be in American society in my opinion;I.e criminals, people that arenít willing to integrate into society, etc. But there are also a lot of them that are willing to make the effort to assimilate into US, but the means arenít really there. And like I said, there is some brutal shit going on in South America on a regular basis that these people are running away from. Iíll just say that based on all these brutal videos Iíve seen online, Iíd definitely make a run for the border even if i was likely to die.
A wall would stop or at least slow down things like this that happen here in my home town. These guys steal a car, load it with drugs and when the cops chase them they head right back to the river.
https://youtu.be/rRG7E3thfVo
Appreciate 1
________2134.50

10-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #74
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr August Schmidhuber View Post
Bullshit.

It's no one's fault but her parents.
The big tell that exposes his level of understanding and intelligence on the matter is he thinks ICE is putting anyone in internment camps.

10-20-2018, 03:32 PM   #75
TTony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E60 M5, '06 IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Want to join my country? Apply as a doctor or dentist. Be an engineer. Have a trade. Have an education! Follow the established system and be the person that will be a contributor to the well being of the country you wish immigrate to.
There you go "out americaning" us again! Probably not what Booker was thinking though.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:38 PM   #76
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
The big tell that exposes his level of understanding and intelligence on the matter is he thinks ICE is putting anyone in internment camps.
It is the sanctimonious Muppets such as you that do so much to promote right wing politics.
Thank you please keep it up.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 03:43 PM   #77
Abdul Karim
Banned
Rep
Drives: Looking

Quote:
Thousands of people outright promising to invade the US, literally stating there is nothing we can do about it. 🤦🏻*♂️

While my hunch is this is sponsored by forces looking to embarrass the US President; I actually think it's a huge advertisement to vote Republican. This horde has to be stopped; and any reasonable person paying attention would have to agree.

Anyone here believe the border should be open and available for this caravan to just march right in unchecked?
Anthrax.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2018, 06:56 PM   #78
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Bernd Von Ottovorde View Post
Quote:
Thousands of people outright promising to invade the US, literally stating there is nothing we can do about it. 🤦🏻*♂️

While my hunch is this is sponsored by forces looking to embarrass the US President; I actually think it's a huge advertisement to vote Republican. This horde has to be stopped; and any reasonable person paying attention would have to agree.

Anyone here believe the border should be open and available for this caravan to just march right in unchecked?
Anthrax.
Always thought Indians was their best song. 🤔
      10-20-2018, 07:37 PM   #79
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Bernd Von Ottovorde View Post
Quote:

Anthrax.
Always thought Indians was their best song. 🤔
Good tune. Saw them a few times back in the day
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5404.00

10-21-2018, 12:06 PM   #80
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

They appear to be getting through the hurdles in Mexico 5,000 to 10,000 and growing. Really an invasion.
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille2906.00

10-21-2018, 04:42 PM   #81
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

Quote:

Cheers!
I'm going out on a limb (and I suggested a pool to see now long before Trudeau opens the door to them, I have October 30) I bet Prime Minister Dress Up throws open the doors and welcomes these "irregular migrants" to Canada, I can see it now, Zoolander handing out Parka's and taking selfies to show how Canada's boarders are open...makes me elfin' sick.
Appreciate 1
________2134.50

10-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #82
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Quote:

Cheers!
I'm going out on a limb (and I suggested a pool to see now long before Trudeau opens the door to them, I have October 30) I bet Prime Minister Dress Up throws open the doors and welcomes them to Canada, I can see it now, Zoolander handing out Parka's and taking selfies to show how Canada's boarders are open...makes me elfin' sick.
It's pathetic really, the states are much more open to illegals than Canada, but they like to say trump is a nazi and trudeau is Madre Teresa.

Like when trump got elected, Trudeau announced "Mexicans do not need visitors visa to come to Canada anymore, come to Canada".
Really? So lots of tourists from Mexico, who otherwise wouldn't be approved of a visa, can now come? How many is that? LOL And what does that accomplish really?

If you're an ilegal in the states you can have a life (I've known people who had phones, drivers licenses, cars, bank accounts, mortgages, healthcare etc), whereas in Canada you can't even get a driver's licence, let alone healthcare! Hahahaha it's very tight (as it should be) and everything is tied to your permission to live here. And Trump is a Nazi for saying you need a member Id to go grocery shopping (at Costco), but not to vote. Pathetic.

This rag doll needs to go and we need a real executive, Scheer is ready
Appreciate 4
SakhirM49416.50
Delta03117190.50
xander_g689.00

10-21-2018, 07:40 PM   #83
adc100
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:

Typical tactic. Divert the argument. Each illegal that crosses the boarder costs the U.S. taxpayer $8000 per year thats additive..so starting now- in 10 years that's 176 Billion. Thats 4+ times the cost of the wall...and thats just 10 years of illegals. I know though that's a difficult concept for liberls to understand. Or more correctly admit.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2018, 08:39 PM   #84
glennQNYC
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Nuts.
Attached Images

10-21-2018, 08:50 PM   #85
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Nuts.
That is literally an invading army. Democrats will want to welcome them with open arms. Then again they would have welcomed the Mongol Horde with open arms.
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you donít see it, and if you donít believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
Poiseuille2906.00

10-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #86
________
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nuts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Quote:
Nuts.
That is literally an invading army. Democrats will want to welcome them with open arms. Then again they would have welcomed the Mongol Horde with open arms.
If each person supporting the invasion hosts one of these people, there will be no problem.

Will they walk the walk?
Appreciate 1
Delta03117190.50

10-21-2018, 08:52 PM   #87
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Proof positive the electoral college was such a brilliant idea.

I haven’’t read the whole thread so sorry if I’m parroting...
Appreciate 1
________2134.50

10-21-2018, 10:02 PM   #88
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
If each person supporting the invasion hosts one of these people, there will be no problem.

Will they walk the walk?
Send them to Republican houses in texas, Arizona, see how many stay.
Appreciate 1
________2134.50