BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-03-2019, 12:13 PM   #4929
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
Roger that.

I suppose if we had a wound that never healed, we'd be crazy too.
Maybe it would heal if you stopped reopening it every chance you got?

I'm kidding...I do the same.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 12:21 PM   #4930
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Maybe it would heal if you stopped reopening it every chance you got?

I'm kidding...I do the same.
I'm a scab-picker, I confess. Oh wait...wrong thread.
      12-05-2019, 02:17 PM   #4931
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I'm a scab-picker, I confess. Oh wait...wrong thread.
I pick my nose
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #4932
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Just broke up w/my GF of 12 years, so I'm back in the game again.

Already met someone I like but too early to make any commitments.
      12-18-2019, 03:38 AM   #4933
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Enjoy your fresh freedom and don't think about a new long relationship too early. My experience had shown in the past that I had needed nearly the half time of entire duration to get completely over it. Beat the bushes around is also an option

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 04:40 AM   #4934
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post

Just in time to not have to buy any gifts!
      12-18-2019, 06:38 AM   #4935
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:

i bet she was waiting for the rock on her finger??
what happen?
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 07:47 AM   #4936
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Welcome to the shit show! Buckle up!!!!

Had a new date last night. She told me I am a 7.5, I sucked on one tit then she went home
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      12-18-2019, 09:51 AM   #4937
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
Welcome to the shit show! Buckle up!!!!

Had a new date last night. She told me I am a 7.5, I sucked on one tit then she went home
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:13 AM   #4938
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
She drove 1.5 hrs each way to tease herself.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #4939
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Quote:
She drove 1.5 hrs each way to tease herself.
i bet she regretted not getting the d when she was 15mins into her road trip lol
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #4940
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
i bet she regretted not getting the d when she was 15mins into her road trip lol
Most likely
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 05:36 PM   #4941
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Curious, all other things equal (eg personality compatibility, chemistry, mutual attraction, etc), how much weight you guys put on things like age/financial status/career path when dating??

Currently in a situation where I've been on a few dates with a few different guys and all three are great and pretty much equal in all of the personal categories; but all very different in the "material" categories if you want to label it that. Not sure which road I want to go down if I want to pursue a relationship with any, each one has pros-cons. Without getting too much into specifics...
The oldest one is the most well off/stable career & 1yr divorced & college age children
Youngest one (closest to my age) most risky/unclear career path & no kids
Third one right in-between and has a 2yr old son & travels for work 70-80% of the time & half the weekends not traveling are spent with his son.

Obviously you guys can't make the decision for me but curious how you all weigh these things from your perspectives, all other things being equal.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #4942
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Curious, all other things equal (eg personality compatibility, chemistry, mutual attraction, etc), how much weight you guys put on things like age/financial status/career path when dating??

Currently in a situation where I've been on a few dates with a few different guys and all three are great and pretty much equal in all of the personal categories; but all very different in the "material" categories if you want to label it that. Not sure which road I want to go down if I want to pursue a relationship with any, each one has pros-cons. Without getting too much into specifics...
The oldest one is the most well off/stable career & 1yr divorced & college age children
Third one right in-between and has a 2yr old son & travels for work 70-80% of the time & half the weekends not traveling are spent with his son.

Obviously you guys can't make the decision for me but curious how you all weigh these things from your perspectives, all other things being equal.
I've been off market so long, but what I remember is I looked for someone like you said, but where all our "core pillars" were aligned. Things like spiritual (I'm a Christian, she had to be as well - and a true Christian, not someone who just says they are), financial views, children, etc.

Pillars were anything that were critical in my life. Should only be a few of them. The rest...you can work out.

So to your question, I didn't put much weight on age (nice to have someone around same age though), but I did see career and financial as important. Not so much that she had to be well off, I just wanted someone who had focus, on anything really, just focus, so for me, I was looking for someone who had a plan and was enacting that plan. I felt the ability to focus and make a plan a reality would lend itself well to other areas of life.

For financial, it was more that we shared the same views on money. I'm more of a saver, but can spend on certain weaknesses I have, but primarily am a saver. So I wanted someone similar. I would be having ulcers early in life if I was married to someone who just threw money away.

Maybe that helps, maybe not. The youngest one...ehh, I'd be worried.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2019, 10:26 PM   #4943
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

This past weekend I told a girl i had met a few times that I'm not ready for a relationship....aka I wasn't that into her. I just never developed any feelings for her and ultimately felt I couldn't be myself around her. The interactions were just not "natural" for a couple. Everything was forced. She wasn't hot enough to keep faking it.

On to the next.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 01:38 AM   #4944
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
This past weekend I told a girl i had met a few times that I'm not ready for a relationship....aka I wasn't that into her. I just never developed any feelings for her and ultimately felt I couldn't be myself around her. The interactions were just not "natural" for a couple. Everything was forced. She wasn't hot enough to keep faking it.

On to the next.
Sounds good to me. I don't get why you'd want to force it and have unnatural interactions with someone you are going to spend the rest of your life with. There may be a very small percentage of people doing that, the vast majority are not.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9665.50
      12-19-2019, 02:49 AM   #4945
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post

On to the next.

Been there many times. Got to a point where I just told them up front I wasn't looking for a relationship, just wanted to go out and enjoy life. Some understood and I had some good friends came from that, others thought they could change me which eventually ended up with me cutting ties altogether.

Near the end of my run, one took me by surprise as she had the same attitude as me, and things just clicked as time went by with neither of us rushing it.
      12-19-2019, 03:15 AM   #4946
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:

I see your dilemma, you wont longer be alone but on the flipside: Would you consider to refuse all your three listed candidates to save you from a maybe wrong decision? Thats smart, if you are not too desperately seeking a man/friend or whatever.
What I miss into your post, what are you looking for? Should it be just a friend or partner to stay with or do you consider marriage at the end, family plans and so on?
Older man maybe more reliable, they're almost settled to themselves and know their points into their life. Con maybe that some fires are no longer so bright that you would be satisfied with it for longer times - and I dont talk about sex
Mid age is fine, more flexible and willing to adapt some of your … habits(?) if you know what I mean.
Same age or younger under the perspective of carreer and family planning were no match to me, neither nor.

You seem to stick to the mid ager but if I read his more or less absence from home...how close do you want him to your life? When his most time is planned out, is the rest enough for you? Just asking...

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 2
      12-19-2019, 07:39 AM   #4947
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

Don't date people with kids if you are looking for something long term. Dating someone who already has kids is like playing someone else's paused game. They will always put them first as a priority (as they should). If you have kids also, that's one thing, but I find if you don't it makes things very difficult and one-sided.

As far as career/financial, I don't look for that specifically. I focus more on someone's character which tends to lead me towards people similar to me anyway. You can tell right away if someone is in a rough spot in their life but is a hard worker, or if they are a bum looking for handouts.

Age is just a number but it's much easier to relate to someone around your age for the most part. I know couples where there is a significant age difference and it does sometimes cause issues because they are in different stages of life. As far as your 3 choices, why limit yourself? Sometimes the answer is "none of the above" and that's perfectly okay, which many people seem to forget.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go15560.00
Dang3r12503.00
      12-19-2019, 08:05 AM   #4948
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
As far as your 3 choices, why limit yourself? Sometimes the answer is "none of the above" and that's perfectly okay, which many people seem to forget.
Oh absolutely, and it may be the answer here

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #4949
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
Don't date people with kids if you are looking for something long term. Dating someone who already has kids is like playing someone else's paused game. They will always put them first as a priority (as they should). If you have kids also, that's one thing, but I find if you don't it makes things very difficult and one-sided.
100% true. Every woman with kids I've met has pretty much told me F off b/c kids. Yet they expect me to put them 1st lol. I just have some fucking them till it ends then on to the next
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #4950
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Most likely
She got the D, just someone else's.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8206.00