BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

08-20-2019, 04:45 PM   #1
MatthewAguilera
Rep
Drives: 2014 528i

First car transformation!

My first car!!
1. Saved up at mcdonalds at 16 and bought a salvaged '04 530i for $2800
2. No, parents didn't spoil me
3. Thanks, Forums.

#1 The car was misfiring and the seller (A UTI Student) presumed it was an oxygen sensor. The OBD codes showed the problem occuring in both banks so I quickly realized it was not an o2 sensor. Replaced the DISA Valve and boom no CEL.

#2 The drivers airbag warning was on :0 Luckily forum research helped me find INPA. I cleared the code and it went away, seems the replaced the part but never cleared the code...

#3 Passenger Restraint System error was on. Found the BST was blown and soldered a resistor to the circuit. INPA -> No more seatbelt warning

#4 Oil change, Tranny fluid and filter change, intake filter, fuel sending unit, fuel filter, spark plugs, Sport Mode Button DIY, now runs like a champ.

#5 The Wheels, Skirts, Bumpers and even the Grilles, yes it's plasti-dip. Freshens up the look and holds up.
Attached Images

Last edited by MatthewAguilera; 09-02-2019 at 06:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 09:34 AM   #2
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

Congratulations, Mathew! Welcome to the bimmer club.

It looks like you're mechanically inclined, so those skills should serve you well. But don't stop saving just because you've acquired the car. BMWs are very expensive to maintain, so even if you do your own wrenching, expect to sink at least a couple thou a year just to keep it on the road, especially for a car that's 15 years old.

One question though... Your profile says you're in Ontario but the photos indicate it's a California car. Did you import the car from the US or are you now residing in Cali?
      09-01-2019, 12:00 AM   #3
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
Congratulations, Mathew! Welcome to the bimmer club.

It looks like you're mechanically inclined, so those skills should serve you well. But don't stop saving just because you've acquired the car. BMWs are very expensive to maintain, so even if you do your own wrenching, expect to sink at least a couple thou a year just to keep it on the road, especially for a car that's 15 years old.

One question though... Your profile says you're in Ontario but the photos indicate it's a California car. Did you import the car from the US or are you now residing in Cali?
That's Ontario, California
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
That's Ontario, California
How was I to know? I live on the east coast. Thanks for the clarification.