BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-17-2022, 02:46 PM   #4643
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Also, if you guys want to watch something really bizarre?

How to Build a Sex Room on Netflix.

It was interesting to say the least. Regardless of what your particular proclivities are, I can't imagine getting on camera to talk about them.
Ha! Saw that pop up while seeing if there was anything worth watching. Wife and I were like 'wtf?!', watched the trailer, then moved on. I guess there's a market for everything.
      07-17-2022, 03:01 PM   #4644
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Ha! Saw that pop up while seeing if there was anything worth watching. Wife and I were like 'wtf?!', watched the trailer, then moved on. I guess there's a market for everything.
We didn't feel like doing anything Saturday, so we said why not? It's so damn hot right now, even sitting on the patio with a beer isn't enjoyable.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2022, 04:33 PM   #4645
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Oh awesome! I was waiting for him to do another one. I've watched the Japan one twice, and also his cooking show was really good.

He is insightful, thoughtful, and amusing without resorting to the kind of schtick Clarkson always falls back on.
I think their three personalities combined are what makes Top Gear and The Grand Tour so successful, I think most car people have a bit of each of those qualities in us.

I agree with you that I enjoy James’ solo shows in a different way than I do Clarkson’s. He more serious, thoughtful, intelligent, offers historical in insight and significance into a subject whereas as JC is funny as a buffoon and is more ridiculous. Oddly, I find myself unable to watch any of Hammond’s solo shows, only when he’s with the other two that I like him.
Appreciate 1
      07-17-2022, 04:43 PM   #4646
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Completely hooked on "ALONE" on Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
T0RM3NT3640.50
      07-18-2022, 06:01 AM   #4647
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

LOL, Alfisti is more lenient on something than me?! I tried to watching Resident Evil, couldn't make it past 1 episode+few minutes of the 2nd, and I'm not even talking about the woke stuff cuz I'm pretty darn liberal: the plot just sucks and the production is so cheap, besides all those freaking plot holes. I think the cartoon version that came out at the same time probably has better production values, even though I won't see that either. Shame, was expecting something at least decent/watchable.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25106.00
      07-18-2022, 08:35 AM   #4648
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
LOL, Alfisti is more lenient on something than me?! I tried to watching Resident Evil, couldn't make it past 1 episode+few minutes of the 2nd, and I'm not even talking about the woke stuff cuz I'm pretty darn liberal: the plot just sucks and the production is so cheap, besides all those freaking plot holes. I think the cartoon version that came out at the same time probably has better production values, even though I won't see that either. Shame, was expecting something at least decent/watchable.
I was hoping for more too, especially since I love the game series. I've spent many a late night playing RE in pitch dark rooms ever since it arrived on the original PlayStation. The recent movie was very well done. I think that gave me false hope for the Netflix series.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 08:46 AM   #4649
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

It's really a microcosm of so many new series on streaming sites;

- Massive plot holes
- Poor script and plot line in general
- No attention to detail (how are everyone's teeth so white in this catastrophic situation???)
- Too much focus on mixed race / same sex coupledom which feels forced
- Plot does nothing for three episodes then in one episode will make monumental story jumps
- Production is too polished, everything looks and feels plastic
- Dialogue is at impossibly low volume and everything else MONUMENTALLY LOUD so you are forever fucking with the volume controls (i have dialogue on 13 and action scenes on 1 .... i shit you not, it is that bad)
- Everything important happens in the dark so you can't see shit
Appreciate 3
T0RM3NT3640.50
Sedan_Clan25106.00
      07-18-2022, 09:17 AM   #4650
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
It's really a microcosm of so many new series on streaming sites;

- Massive plot holes
- Poor script and plot line in general
- No attention to detail (how are everyone's teeth so white in this catastrophic situation???)
- Too much focus on mixed race / same sex coupledom which feels forced
- Plot does nothing for three episodes then in one episode will make monumental story jumps
- Production is too polished, everything looks and feels plastic
- Dialogue is at impossibly low volume and everything else MONUMENTALLY LOUD so you are forever fucking with the volume controls (i have dialogue on 13 and action scenes on 1 .... i shit you not, it is that bad)
- Everything important happens in the dark so you can't see shit
YES! I've had to go in and turn down the sub and turn up the center channel a TON. I don't know what the deal is with all these poorly mixed shows.

All the other stuff, that's why we inevitably end up re-watching a lot of stuff because many new shows aren't worth spending the time on.
Appreciate 4
T0RM3NT3640.50
cmyx6go15761.00
Sedan_Clan25106.00
      07-18-2022, 09:24 AM   #4651
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I am thinking of going back to Soprano's, i saw about half of it in fits and starts, maybe do it from day 1.

The sound mixing is getting worse, i do not understand it but I have two kids and no dolby set up so i am RELENTLESSLY fiddling with volume. I actually watch with subtitles on to follow the dialogue because the action sequences are so incredibly loud. My TV goes to 100 and i have the action sequences on 1.... 1 out of 100, it is that bad.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #4652
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep
Drives: 335i

The Bear on Hulu/FX is actually quite good.
      07-18-2022, 09:33 AM   #4653
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
I am thinking of going back to Soprano's, i saw about half of it in fits and starts, maybe do it from day 1.

The sound mixing is getting worse, i do not understand it but I have two kids and no dolby set up so i am RELENTLESSLY fiddling with volume. I actually watch with subtitles on to follow the dialogue because the action sequences are so incredibly loud. My TV goes to 100 and i have the action sequences on 1.... 1 out of 100, it is that bad.
I've also thought about going back and watching The Sopranos from the beginning. We watched it here and there in college for a while.

But usually it was an excuse to get a few of us together on Sunday nights and smoke a little and have a few beers.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410974.50
      07-18-2022, 11:51 AM   #4654
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
I've also thought about going back and watching The Sopranos from the beginning. We watched it here and there in college for a while.

But usually it was an excuse to get a few of us together on Sunday nights and smoke a little and have a few beers.
I have probably watched it start to finish 5 times over the years. Never gets old to me and first few seasons are better than most new stuff.
      07-18-2022, 05:03 PM   #4655
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

This is an EPIC year for FANTASY fans!!!!

Appreciate 1
      07-18-2022, 07:00 PM   #4656
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I was hoping for more too, especially since I love the game series. I've spent many a late night playing RE in pitch dark rooms ever since it arrived on the original PlayStation. The recent movie was very well done. I think that gave me false hope for the Netflix series.
Ya, it's really, really HORRIBLE. Can't believe the producers actually think it's good and let it out on the public haha.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 07:04 PM   #4657
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
This is an EPIC year for FANTASY fans!!!!

Whoa!

So, when is Silmarillion coming out? That would be epic.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 02:56 AM   #4658
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Just finished Ep. 6 of The Terminal List. Really liking this show.
      07-19-2022, 04:24 AM   #4659
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Just finished Ep. 6 of The Terminal List. Really liking this show.
I got last one tonight onto my dance list, I hope the'll release the 2nd season soon.

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 06:13 AM   #4660
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Just got an email of another Netflix price increase. Enough already. I think it’s time to cancel and just jump back in once in a while. Maybe we’ll alternate between Netflix and Hulu for a few months at a time. These streaming services have some good programming but not enough to justify perpetual subscriptions. At least there is the option to cancel and re-subscribe easily with streaming vs. cable / satellite packages.
      07-19-2022, 07:33 AM   #4661
Clark_Kent
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Just got an email of another Netflix price increase. Enough already. I think it’s time to cancel and just jump back in once in a while. Maybe we’ll alternate between Netflix and Hulu for a few months at a time. These streaming services have some good programming but not enough to justify perpetual subscriptions. At least there is the option to cancel and re-subscribe easily with streaming vs. cable / satellite packages.
This is what happens when you're in trouble and Netflix is very much in trouble from a financial standpoint. They lost subscribers in Q1 of this year for the first time in over ten years. The stock has tanked and they've laid off a bunch of people. They're now looking to pull every lever possible to right the ship. This will be interesting.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25106.00
RickFLM410974.50
      07-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #4662
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
Just got an email of another Netflix price increase. Enough already. I think it's time to cancel and just jump back in once in a while. Maybe we'll alternate between Netflix and Hulu for a few months at a time. These streaming services have some good programming but not enough to justify perpetual subscriptions. At least there is the option to cancel and re-subscribe easily with streaming vs. cable / satellite packages.
This is what happens when you're in trouble and Netflix is very much in trouble from a financial standpoint. They lost subscribers in Q1 of this year for the first time in over ten years. The stock has tanked and they've laid off a bunch of people. They're now looking to pull every lever possible to right the ship. This will be interesting.
Their choice of propaganda programming surely is affecting them.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 07:41 AM   #4663
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:

Sopranos would be an excellent decision. No man should go through life without having seen and memorized every line of every episode.

Next, since we are on HBO, try "the wire". Utterly magnificent TV. They DO NOT MALE TV LIKE THIS ANYMORE.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM410974.50
      07-19-2022, 07:44 AM   #4664
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
Quote:
I can fix it for them free of charge, here-go the opposite direction of woke. It'll be like magic.
Appreciate 0