BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

03-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #1
Das_Stig
I don't drink water. Fish fuck in it.
Rep
Drives: e90 335xi
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

God I love Top Gear!

Just finished watching the first part of their african adventure, been watching the show for just over 10 years religiously. and frankly its probably the only reason i can see for the continued existence of England.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #2
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Lol
      03-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
GreasyGinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 AW 6MT M3(Totaled)

It really is a good show my wife even likes it and couldn't be more bored by cars.
      03-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #4
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

I enjoyed part 1 & 2 last night. Good stuff, their 'pranks' seem a little forced these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2013, 10:23 PM   #5
Das_Stig
Rep
Location: Some say he naturally faces magnetic north, and that all of his legs are hydraulic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
I enjoyed part 1 & 2 last night. Good stuff, their 'pranks' seem a little forced these days.
ya i got that too along this whole season, seemed way more scripted.. hoping it was just a flop season.

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #6
killershark
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: still nothing (for now)

The African Special was way better than the indian special which was
It's still not as good as vietnam, however.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #7
Arctic-Rodz
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 550i Sport (M)

Me too, Top Gear fan!
Unfortunately the Top GearUSA version isnt all that great. Theyre just doing what the Brits have already done, and they havent done any real track testing on any cars with the Stig in a long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
Das_Stig
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic-Rodz View Post
Me too, Top Gear fan!
Unfortunately the Top GearUSA version isnt all that great. Theyre just doing what the Brits have already done, and they havent done any real track testing on any cars with the Stig in a long time.
huh, that is so true.. well everything, but more meant about my just realizing the stig has been a bit neglected.

oem blacklines, m3 rep front. waiting for install oem m3 sides... coming soon. csl trunk mtech rear and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #9
Cozmonaut
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

I wonder if the "Stig" quit, or is busy with some racing season or other.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #10
drclaw09
Rep
Drives: 2004 M3

Netflix has ALL of them. I lost two weeks of my life when I found this out.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 09:00 AM   #11
Das_Stig
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmonaut View Post
I wonder if the "Stig" quit, or is busy with some racing season or other.
makes a good point...

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
NJ Krish
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328xi 2008 Coupe

Garage List
2008 Bmw 328xi  [10.00]
Top gear UK 24/7 :3 seen every episode 100 times maybe
Current 2008 Bmw 328xi Coupe Sport N51 /w 3 stage IM | VMR 710 w/ Conti DWS | AA Tune Stage 2 | AA Signature Exhaust | Red Cyba scoops | Lux V4 | Euro-box mod w/ Silicone intake hose | Eibach pro kit w/ Bilstein Sport | Carbon Fiber Hood powerdome | Mtech Bumper w/ Akyrim CF lip
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2013, 06:16 PM   #13
szczetyk
Registered
Rep
Drives: MY 04 E60

Me and my girlfriend also likes it but the biggest - is that they can mainly laugh about other countries and cars not theirs.....
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #14
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

It's hit or miss. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I can't help but notice that whenever they film in the US they go out of their way to deliberately portray Americans as redneck hicks, especially the episode where a small town mayor shows up and starts dancing for no reason. In another episode they go to Detroit and interview a crazy local who says of course everyone in America walks around with a gun.

Then there is the segment where Clarkson reviews a car and finds it brilliant and rubbish at the same time. He'll go on about how cool this feature is or how revolutionary that part is but then he says, "Would I recommend it....no." Or he'll trash a car for several minutes before saying how "brilliant" it is and that it's the best car he's ever driven. By the end you really have no idea what to take from it.

The cinematography is first rate though, and James May seems like the perfect drinking buddy who always has a story and knows a little something about everything.
      07-02-2013, 05:53 AM   #15
Das_Stig
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
It's hit or miss. Maybe I'm just overly sensitive but I can't help but notice that whenever they film in the US they go out of their way to deliberately portray Americans as redneck hicks, especially the episode where a small town mayor shows up and starts dancing for no reason. In another episode they go to Detroit and interview a crazy local who says of course everyone in America walks around with a gun.

Then there is the segment where Clarkson reviews a car and finds it brilliant and rubbish at the same time. He'll go on about how cool this feature is or how revolutionary that part is but then he says, "Would I recommend it....no." Or he'll trash a car for several minutes before saying how "brilliant" it is and that it's the best car he's ever driven. By the end you really have no idea what to take from it.

The cinematography is first rate though, and James May seems like the perfect drinking buddy who always has a story and knows a little something about everything.
they trash people from parts of their own country and each other as well, thats what makes the show work, its for laughs. and with their reviews, they are not gonna just tell you the good things about the cars, the way they lay out their descriptions when they flip they show its weaknesses as well. trashing first is their way of showing they came into it wanting to be against it but the car still good. if you don't enjoy the things you mentioned, what the show is really about, the show probably isn't for you

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #16
manutdas11
EL JIMMY NEURON
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Das_Stig View Post
they trash people from parts of their own country and each other as well, thats what makes the show work, its for laughs. and with their reviews, they are not gonna just tell you the good things about the cars, the way they lay out their descriptions when they flip they show its weaknesses as well. trashing first is their way of showing they came into it wanting to be against it but the car still good. if you don't enjoy the things you mentioned, what the show is really about, the show probably isn't for you
This.
It is typical English banter to take the mickey out of everything. If you can't handle it, then don't watch it. Top Gear UK FTW!!
Appreciate 0