BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-03-2020, 04:27 PM   #1079
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Now at $1.11 happy day!
And still rising!

Can anyone say P-Car? Seriously though.....everything I make will be going into ETF's.
It hit $1.30 at some point!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 04:32 PM   #1080
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
May not be the perfect thread, but I think it has the right audience.

Anyone participate in ESPP? Mine offers 15% discount of market price with up to 10% salary investment (up to $20k/year). Latest dividend offering looks to be one share per 18.3 or something shares owned. As I understand it, the program automatically purchases quarterly and the 15% discount price is based of the average share price for that quarterly period.

Curious on other people's experiences. I've tossed 3% of my bi-weekly checks into the hat, but I have no experience with it. Figured I've recently gotten a 3% annual raise, so it will go unnoticed and hopefully prove to be worth more than the 3% provided. Company is doing well, so...why not?

...right?
Are you fully vested? Would suck watching it fall and not being able to do anything about it. Think AOL, Kodak, etc.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 04:43 PM   #1081
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:

Anyone participate in ESPP? Mine offers 15% discount of market price with up to 10% salary investment (up to $20k/year). Latest dividend offering looks to be one share per 18.3 or something shares owned. As I understand it, the program automatically purchases quarterly and the 15% discount price is based of the average share price for that quarterly period.

Curious on other people's experiences. I've tossed 3% of my bi-weekly checks into the hat, but I have no experience with it. Figured I've recently gotten a 3% annual raise, so it will go unnoticed and hopefully prove to be worth more than the 3% provided. Company is doing well, so...why not?

...right?
On the surface an ESPP can sound risky or a good deal. As an employee, you may or may not have a sense of how well your company is doing. And by investing in a single company, you are losing the advantage of diversification. I have been in these programs for two defense companies and have done very well on them....in addition to other investments. However, I’m fairly senior and have a better understanding of what’s going on with a company than a typical employee may be. This gives you more confidence to know you will get a solid or higher than average return. For example, a regular employee will not be aware of an impending merger or acquisition. I’m those instances senior business members can be restricted from buying or selling company stock during those periods.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #1082
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
When can you sell? If you can sell immediately, then the 15% discount price is a no brainer. Buy $20k every year. If there is a holding period, then only you can decide how much you want to risk.

When my company ESPP was 15% discount every 6 months with no holding period, I would buy the max and sell it the day it hit my account. That was easy money. Now it's @ 5% with no holding period and I don't bother. After paying 50% marginal tax, there isn't much meat left on the bone for the trouble.
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #1083
thegump
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 - Sold

Quote:
Oh...and Xspa has settled in at 1.08 without any pr today. I'm holding a ton of shares at an average of .48.
Took some profits when it hit 1.10 (avg of.58). I'm thinking it's still a good buy where it's at even if there isn't a correction in the morning-what do you think Rmtt?
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 06:42 PM   #1084
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ZCP, 2020 F97 X3MC

Quote:

...right?
Hard to answer not knowing the company, but yes, I generally recommend maxing this out if you can. Unless your company has crazy swings, you're getting an easy 15%.

But the real advantage you should look into is how they set the price and whether it locks for a period. That's where you can really make some money because you can get a two year lock on a low price even if the stock has risen significantly.

Let's say your subscription price is $50 and it's good for two years. Stock goes up to $100 you're still buying at 15% off the $50. On the other hand, if it went down to $45, your next buy would move to that new lower price and it'd be 15% off that.

If you believe in the company and it's executing well, you can make some serious cash. I've got some ESPP shares that were at $12 and currently trade around $350.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 07:21 PM   #1085
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegump View Post
Took some profits when it hit 1.10 (avg of.58). I'm thinking it's still a good buy where it's at even if there isn't a correction in the morning-what do you think Rmtt?
Honestly....I think up to 1.50 is a good buy. But I strongly believe in the business model. I don't think you will see as big a dip at opening as we've been seeing as a lot of people are limited to normal trading hours....so there could be fear of missing out. So pre-market could see this go higher.

Also....there hasn't been news released yet. Friday is supposed to be the official opening of the JFK location. I think that's one catalyst.

Then you will have the announcement of who they are partnering with for tests.....and then we will probably see multiple PR's spread out a few weeks apart with new airport contracts as the job postings are already online.

So I see this consolidating, trading sideways, running again, then trade sideways.....etc, etc.

At this momentum, it will squeeze all the shorts out. You will still have people taking profit....but I don't think it will impact price as much as you have such a huge volume trying to get in now!

EDIT
So nevermind...Pre-Market it's up to 1.62 and climbing.

I will be honest with you...Yesterday after this started...I bought again in the dip around 1.16 bringing my average up to almost .50.

It strictly up to you...but if you can get in for under 2.00 and they haven't even released a PR...you are good!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-04-2020 at 04:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
      06-03-2020, 07:34 PM   #1086
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Are you fully vested? Would suck watching it fall and not being able to do anything about it. Think AOL, Kodak, etc.
Fully vested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
On the surface an ESPP can sound risky or a good deal. As an employee, you may or may not have a sense of how well your company is doing. And by investing in a single company, you are losing the advantage of diversification. I have been in these programs for two defense companies and have done very well on them....in addition to other investments. However, I’m fairly senior and have a better understanding of what’s going on with a company than a typical employee may be. This gives you more confidence to know you will get a solid or higher than average return. For example, a regular employee will not be aware of an impending merger or acquisition. I’m those instances senior business members can be restricted from buying or selling company stock during those periods.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
When can you sell? If you can sell immediately, then the 15% discount price is a no brainer. Buy $20k every year. If there is a holding period, then only you can decide how much you want to risk.

When my company ESPP was 15% discount every 6 months with no holding period, I would buy the max and sell it the day it hit my account. That was easy money. Now it's @ 5% with no holding period and I don't bother. After paying 50% marginal tax, there isn't much meat left on the bone for the trouble.
Senior enough to understand what’s going on, but not “too” senior in that I have a hold period and considered insider trading. Once it’s in my account (purchased quarterly from funds accumulated through the bi-weekly checks at up to 10%), I can sell it off immediately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Hard to answer not knowing the company, but yes, I generally recommend maxing this out if you can. Unless your company has crazy swings, you're getting an easy 15%.

But the real advantage you should look into is how they set the price and whether it locks for a period. That's where you can really make some money because you can get a two year lock on a low price even if the stock has risen significantly.

Let's say your subscription price is $50 and it's good for two years. Stock goes up to $100 you're still buying at 15% off the $50. On the other hand, if it went down to $45, your next buy would move to that new lower price and it'd be 15% off that.

If you believe in the company and it's executing well, you can make some serious cash. I've got some ESPP shares that were at $12 and currently trade around $350.
No price locks that I understand. Buy-in is 15% less than the market average of the quarter. Annual dividends are paid in additional shares (which is effectively 5% of shares held).

Leading company in our respective industry with over a century of being in business. Stability seems almost certain. Math tells me to max it out and sell off after the dividend payout to then start it over again each year, but what’s the catch? That’s why I tossed 3% at it - see what happens after a couple quarters without risking too much. It can’t be that straightforward.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      06-03-2020, 08:09 PM   #1087
Jordan's World
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegump View Post
Honestly....I think up to 1.50 is a good buy. But I strongly believe in the business model. I don't think you will see as big a dip at opening as we've been seeing as a lot of people are limited to normal trading hours....so there could be fear of missing out. So pre-market could see this go higher.

Also....there hasn't been news released yet. Friday is supposed to be the official opening of the JFK location. I think that's one catalyst.

Then you will have the announcement of who they are partnering with for tests.....and then we will probably see multiple PR's spread out a few weeks apart with new airport contracts as the job postings are already online.

So I see this consolidating, trading sideways, running again, then trade sideways.....etc, etc.

At this momentum, it will squeeze all the shorts out. You will still have people taking profit....but I don't think it will impact price as much as you have such a huge volume trying to get in now!
Todd, is XSPA your largest position?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 11:00 PM   #1088
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No price locks that I understand. Buy-in is 15% less than the market average of the quarter. Annual dividends are paid in additional shares (which is effectively 5% of shares held).

Leading company in our respective industry with over a century of being in business. Stability seems almost certain. Math tells me to max it out and sell off after the dividend payout to then start it over again each year, but what’s the catch? That’s why I tossed 3% at it - see what happens after a couple quarters without risking too much. It can’t be that straightforward.
Disappointing that it's an average and doesn't lock. Still could be good if the price is stable since you're getting it at a discount. I'd keep track of how you're trending by holding to the dividend payout since you could end up holding long enough that it eats into your 15% and dividend payout.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
      06-04-2020, 01:31 AM   #1089
cremem3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP • AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post

+1 to maxing out ESPP. It's free money. Been maxing out ESPP since 2 years ago and it's done well for me too. A 15% correction seems highly unlikely in the near term, unless management is shady.. but you should always diversify depending on your risk appetite (unless it's FAANGM stock). And wow that's crazy gains... congrats! Are you in tech?

Last edited by cremem3; 06-04-2020 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 1
      06-04-2020, 01:42 AM   #1090
AlpineWhite_SJ
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by uusunn View Post
+1 to maxing out ESPP. It's free money. Been maxing out ESPP since 2 years ago and it's done well for me too. A 15% correction seems highly unlikely in the near term, unless management is shady.. but you should always diversify depending on your risk appetite (unless it's FAANGM stock). And wow that's crazy gains... congrats! Are you in tech?
Yeah, that's been my strategy as well. Hold until it's tax advantaged and then move it into other diversified investments. I was in tech - not working for now by choice, but the company I referenced I had been with for 11 years so built up some pretty good equity via ESPP and RSU vests.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-04-2020, 04:18 AM   #1091
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

EDIT

I will be honest with you...Yesterday after this started...I bought again in the dip around 1.16 bringing my average up to almost .50.

It strictly up to you...but if you can get in for under 2.00 and they haven't even released a PR...you are good!

Just to make sure people see this. I edited it in my post above.

So never-mind...Pre-Market it's up to 1.62 and climbing. You will see a dip when the bell opens as people take out their profit.

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-04-2020 at 04:54 AM..
Appreciate 1
thegump73.50
      06-04-2020, 04:22 AM   #1092
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan's World View Post
Todd, is XSPA your largest position?
Currently concerning Penny Stocks...it is. I own 22K shares.

Most were bought at .37....then as I got more confident about their business I added at .42, .44, .48, .71, and last night at 1.16.

I also am holding 10,000 shares of SEEL that I accumulated around .64 I believe. It hasn't had its news yet...so I see it running in the next 4-6 weeks. There are even rumors it could be bought by J&J.
      06-04-2020, 05:42 AM   #1093
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 & G05 X5

Quote:

EDIT

Is this XSPA?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 05:48 AM   #1094
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
Is this XSPA?
Yes....that is the ticker. They also own the trademark expresscheck as well I believe.
      06-04-2020, 05:52 AM   #1095
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes....that is the ticker. They also own the trademark expresscheck as well I believe.
If you go back in this thread...I mentioned this company a long time ago. I explained what they were trying to do with the new business model...basically turn all of their locations into "Urgent Care" clinics in the airports.

I posted when they started hiring for positions for these jobs. It started with NY. Shortly after they announced a contract with JFK...and were in talks with the Port Authority and Newark.

Now they have Job Postings in Atlanta, Chicago, LA.....so if they sign contracts with these airports for Covid testing among other services...you can see how big this could become.

They have 47 locations in all.
      06-04-2020, 06:41 AM   #1096
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you go back in this thread...I mentioned this company a long time ago. I explained what they were trying to do with the new business model...basically turn all of their locations into "Urgent Care" clinics in the airports.

I posted when they started hiring for positions for these jobs. It started with NY. Shortly after they announced a contract with JFK...and were in talks with the Port Authority and Newark.

Now they have Job Postings in Atlanta, Chicago, LA.....so if they sign contracts with these airports for Covid testing among other services...you can see how big this could become.

They have 47 locations in all.
I pushed my free funds into ETF's, so will be sitting this one out. Trying to control my FOMO
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-04-2020, 07:13 AM   #1097
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterplan View Post
I pushed my free funds into ETF's, so will be sitting this one out. Trying to control my FOMO
Completely understand....and I would have done the same exact thing.
      06-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #1098
Masterplan
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Completely understand....and I would have done the same exact thing.
What do you think XSPA will do short-medium term? Seems like a lot of people will be buying the news, but it looks like there's still more to come.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 08:21 AM   #1099
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Any reason why I can’t trade pre market or after hours? Do I have to have the account for a certain amount of time or get permission from them? I have TDA.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 08:23 AM   #1100
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
Any reason why I can’t trade pre market or after hours? Do I have to have the account for a certain amount of time or get permission from them? I have TDA.
When you look under the Time in Force Tab....you need to "Day = ext" for 7:00am to 8:00PM trading.