F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > F30 euro switch
proTUNING Freaks

08-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #23
SergioK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuke View Post
It obviously looks like the U.S. switch could be modded. I initially tried to gently pry it apart but it wasn't coming easily. Nor are the little tabs that are on all four sides of the switch the only thing that is keeping it together. There is something else that I couldn't see. As the car is leased I didn't want to "F" with it too much as I have to turn it in at some point. These are the lines that need to be changed:

FEM
3060 LCEMaster 1C
NSL_Verbaut = Verbaut

REM
3062 LCELampMapping 1
Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_output = nsl_l

Mapping_Nebelschlussl_L_Function = nebelschlusslicht

I still have the original software that came with the car. It hasn't been updated yet. While I assume the latest versions have everything in the same place I don't know that for sure. I'm sure someone in the coding forum would be able to look.

G
Thanks for this.

So, in theory, you could code both the front fogs and rear fog lights to turn on via coding and using just the single switch (U.S. spec) switch?

If so, I think I may take a stab at coding this. I never use the front fog lights since they really don't do much when the xenon's are on.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #24
gnuke
Rep
Drives: 2012 328

I don't think one could code 1 button to turn on both front and rear fogs as the computer is looking for a signal from the rear fog switch and the front fog switch. If there were actual wires going from each switch to the lamps then maybe. There are 4 pins on the wiring harness but I don't believe these are acting like a traditional electric switch. These are probably only sending signals to the appropriate computer, which in turn them sends the appropriate signal to whichever light group you just called for (front, parking, dimmer etc)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #25
IM2C
Major General
Rep
Drives: ∞ Improbability Drive

Thanks gnuke
      09-25-2013, 12:09 PM   #26
twelveup
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i and 328i Sport Wagon

Rear Fog

Has anyone found whether the standard switch can be modified so that rear foglights can be used (along with the coding change)? Or do I have to buy the aftermarket ECS replacement switch?

By the way, I took Euro Delivery of my 328i Sport Wagon with M-Sport package, and to my surprise, when I walked down the stairs at the Welt, I saw that it included the front foglights! It must have been a glitch in the build instructions in the factory.

Anyone else have the M-Sport package show up with front fogs?

Last edited by twelveup; 09-25-2013 at 12:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 09:57 AM   #27
achatgrau
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveup View Post
By the way, I took Euro Delivery of my 328i Sport Wagon with M-Sport package, and to my surprise, when I walked down the stairs at the Welt, I saw that it included the front foglights! It must have been a glitch in the build instructions in the factory.

Not a glitch in the build instructions; they have them now. I have an F31 M-Sport on order, and was able to confirm that it has front foglights.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #28
Chris@codemybimmer
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: AW F30 328i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by twelveup
Has anyone found whether the standard switch can be modified so that rear foglights can be used (along with the coding change)? Or do I have to buy the aftermarket ECS replacement switch?

you can mod the OEM switch to have the rear fog button similar fashion as the e90s. but obviously you won't get the icon or the light on the button
Appreciate 0