BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-14-2021, 08:31 PM   #133
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcphoto View Post
We may need a testosterone test to verify the person in the pink shirt is male…
He needs my manly Amazon sling bag to complete the look!

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 09:54 PM   #134
ryan stewart
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 328it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Right on!
Looks like they just went to a thrift store and grabbed the worst thing on a hanger. threw it on a starving person to see if music artists or famous talentless people (like that Kim lady) catch on and turn the chitty look into a trend on instaspam or click tok.
I just showed this shit to my girlfriend, who is fashionable, and she thinks it might have something to do with trans people but I don't buy it. Why have genders listed in the first place and even if it's about androgynous that is one thing but this stuff is just bad all around.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 12:27 AM   #135
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Maybe Gucci is just going with it

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 01:28 AM   #136
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
"None" of the girls...two of them....neither?
Do you want me to tell you? https://dictionary.cambridge.org/gra...ne-and-none-of
King Rudi Well, I finally proceeded beyond what had seemed a very clear example of my phrase by that link to the warning that exactly two is a very special case, indeed, to use "neither" instead. I didn't mean the exact quantity mattered anything, just more than one, so it was tricky. All right, thank you. Apostrophe usage for possession is way straightforward (except for "its", as you know ) though, that's why it hurts to see this simple mistake every time. Now it does look like you rape your written language deliberately (looking to be popular, to become the President?).
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 06:03 AM   #137
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan stewart View Post
Im obviously not the most fashionable dude on the planet but I honestly think some of these fashion houses are literally just going, "F it, we have enough money. Lets see what we can convince the idiots to wear."
I'm completely convinced that's exactly what it is. I can bet almost anyone with "wealth" is not buying this garbage. It's poor people buying it because it's what they think rich people would wear. Hilarious IMO.

Quote:
Why? If youre gonna spend money better off spending it on some Japanese cone mill selvedge jeans, at least youre paying more of the premium to quality and not just a label of the same chinese stretch denimc youd get at banana republic.
Probably true, CK's have always fit me well (and sizes have been consistent) so I just stuck with it. Always open to other options, not a fashion person by any stretch, so I will look into your recommendation when I need new jeans in 10 years.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 07:37 AM   #138
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Do you want me to tell you? https://dictionary.cambridge.org/gra...ne-and-none-of I studied English English (not American) as far as it matters. But it doesn't seem that much. It rather looks like some disregard their own native language explicitly, even to the point of nonsense.

Some definition of a "man" can be rather needed then. I meant men who didn't even carry a purse all together (you can skip this grammar remark if you wish ). And no, a "joke" isn't "necessarily" a pure nonsense or a blooper disguise as some claim it around here. It can have some "perfect sense" for those who can understand it.

It was a joke (the kind of with a meaning, so it's all right if you don't understand it as long as you wish to stick to the crowd here).

I don't think I would dig a woman's purse.
Dude. I always enjoy your replies. This is why I poke at you. They never disappoint.

Quote:
King Rudi Well, I finally proceeded beyond what had seemed a very clear example of my phrase by that link to the warning that exactly two is a very special case, indeed, to use "neither" instead. I didn't mean the exact quantity mattered anything, just more than one, so it was tricky. All right, thank you. Apostrophe usage for possession is way straightforward (except for "its", as you know ) though, that's why it hurts to see this simple mistake every time. Now it does look like you rape your written language deliberately (looking to be popular, to become the President?).
Dammit man, you lost me on this one. The funny thing is, I get paid to write documentation for engineering for Japanese individuals. It has to be spot on, every time, no exception. I've come to realize, that at my age, that I should have paid more attention in English class. At that age, the way I saw it was that I speak the damn language; what else did they want? I was also a licensed tattoo artist at the time, so my dynamic in career choices and what's important has changed considerably. Irregardlessly, ( ) on here I tend to try to get my point across, without being quite so caught up in proper grammar. By no means am I educated enough to correct others, I just like jabbing at you because you always retort with some goodness, that always seems completely emotionless and to the point.

I didn't get to learn anything this morning though as the links you posted are all dead....either that or IT has be blocked from work.
Appreciate 1
No one1056.50
      07-15-2021, 07:40 AM   #139
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mein11 View Post
Probably true, CK's have always fit me well (and sizes have been consistent) so I just stuck with it. Always open to other options, not a fashion person by any stretch, so I will look into your recommendation when I need new jeans in 10 years.
If youre getting 10 years out of CKs then plan on putting your subsequent jeans in your will if you do get 10oz selvedge jeans...
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 08:05 AM   #140
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
If youre getting 10 years out of CKs then plan on putting your subsequent jeans in your will if you do get 10oz selvedge jeans...
The trick is to just not wash them for those 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 08:43 AM   #141
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Agree with this.

Quote:
The trick is to just not wash them for those 10 years.
Only if they are raw. Technically, you're only supposed to wash your jeans every six weeks. Mine get washed after every wear though. I just can't let my legs marinate in their own sauce.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 08:57 AM   #142
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
Only if they are raw. Technically, you're only supposed to wash your jeans every six weeks. Mine get washed after every wear though. I just can't let my legs marinate in their own sauce.
Same, just cant do it. I do everything I can though using minimal washing inside out and air drying. I dont feel too bad though, with button fly jeans Im still getting a decade of heavy use before real wear starts to show, which I still consider good value even with them being expensive.

I do the "air out" thing when mototouring but there Im swapping jeans each day. It did at least get the smell out but I could still feel they were "dirty."
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 09:10 AM   #143
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Same, just cant do it. I do everything I can though using minimal washing inside out and air drying. I dont feel too bad though, with button fly jeans Im still getting a decade of heavy use before real wear starts to show, which I still consider good value even with them being expensive.

I do the "air out" thing when mototouring but there Im swapping jeans each day. It did at least get the smell out but I could still feel they were "dirty."
With you 100% on this. I've tried it too. After wear 1, the smell is there. I've actually gone from buying RRL's selvedge to shopping for more vintage Japanese selvedge. A.) I can get it cheaper, which makes me feel better about the spend and B.) They're already broken in. I hate raw denim. Makes me feel like I need a beard, beard oil and and IPA. Nothing against these gents, just not my crowd.

I try to explain to people that spending more on jeans is not money wasted, as long as they are expensive due to quality and not just a faddish name. Yes, you can buy jeans for $20, but expect to replace them quickly. Some of my favorite jeans, that I still wear now, are over 10 years old. I still get asked where I bought them. Some of the brands aren't even in business anymore.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:29 AM   #144
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
With you 100% on this. I've tried it too. After wear 1, the smell is there. I've actually gone from buying RRL's selvedge to shopping for more vintage Japanese selvedge. A.) I can get it cheaper, which makes me feel better about the spend and B.) They're already broken in. I hate raw denim. Makes me feel like I need a beard, beard oil and and IPA. Nothing against these gents, just not my crowd.

I try to explain to people that spending more on jeans is not money wasted, as long as they are expensive due to quality and not just a faddish name. Yes, you can buy jeans for $20, but expect to replace them quickly. Some of my favorite jeans, that I still wear now, are over 10 years old. I still get asked where I bought them. Some of the brands aren't even in business anymore.
Ok, Im curious. Honestly Ive been to lazy to even look for used. Where you do go?

I dont really mind the $260-320 for the ones Im getting now because, like said, they are tanks, fit my skinny ass well and the formality/quality of the stitching/fit means I can get away with them in dressier situations. But am not a fan of the break in period.

LOL, I run with the crowd you mention . I dont have a beard or a vintage bike (either the motorcycle or fixee) but I do like IPAs.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 09:45 AM   #145
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

While i am very much familiar with how this OT forum works with the tangential discussions and all, putting up that Gucci model with those clothes (which i agree are eye-wateringly horrible) is a total straw man argument. Men who carry bags don't look anything like that, nor do you have to wear those clothes if you decide to wear a man-bag.

Not that i'm judging you lot, since I've never seen how you dress, but the typical BMWbro dresses just as badly as Gucci guy, just in a different way.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #146
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

I think only the most insecure dudebros actually think that is true, I think everyone was just taking ad absurdum.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #147
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
While i am very much familiar with how this OT forum works with the tangential discussions and all, putting up that Gucci model with those clothes (which i agree are eye-wateringly horrible) is a total straw man argument. Men who carry bags don't look anything like that, nor do you have to wear those clothes if you decide to wear a man-bag.

Not that i'm judging you lot, since I've never seen how you dress, but the typical BMWbro dresses just as badly as Gucci guy, just in a different way.
I gotta agree. We all play "dress up" according to norms we have attached ourselves to. I don't see much difference between these Gucci models and people wearing basketball jerseys for example. It's just a form of expression with varying levels of acceptability with certain demographics.

Do all these people really play for the NBA? No. So they are just playing "dress up" right? Like cosplay? Or are they just wearing what makes them comfortable or let's them express themselves… like cross dressing. It's the same thing.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #148
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Jeans and T-shirts, mostly blank t-shirts at that. The most "branded" thing I wear is a Porsche cap, but even then it's just grey letters on black. Keep it simple.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 11:05 AM   #149
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ok, Im curious. Honestly Ive been to lazy to even look for used. Where you do go?

I dont really mind the $260-320 for the ones Im getting now because, like said, they are tanks, fit my skinny ass well and the formality/quality of the stitching/fit means I can get away with them in dressier situations. But am not a fan of the break in period.

LOL, I run with the crowd you mention . I dont have a beard or a vintage bike (either the motorcycle or fixee) but I do like IPAs.
I've got quite a few from Ebay. I will randomly search for Japanese Selvedge and see what brands have what available. My favorite ebay scores so far are a couple of pair of RRL's, some PRPS Demons, Samurai Aikido's, a pair of Todd Snyder stretch, and Ralph Lauren various brands, my favorite pair are some Rugby's. He ceased that brand back in 2013.

We used to also have a small mom and pops store here locally, that would randomly have some stuff worth buying.

I'm typically a plain tee and some worn out jeans kinda guy. In the event of a somewhat not so low-key festivity, some worn out jeans, a nice button down and some plain white sneakers always gets me compliments.

After I started my weight loss journey is when I stopped paying full retail for jeans that I could only wear for a couple of months. I need to flip the jeans I can no longer wear, I just haven't done so yet.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 11:08 AM   #150
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
I'm typically a plain tee and some worn out jeans kinda guy. In the event of a somewhat not so low-key festivity, some worn out jeans, a nice button down and some plain white sneakers always gets me compliments.
I don't even have any "normal" shoes anymore. Specific tennis shoes for the court, golf shoes, a paid of flops, then some $20 brown slip on shoes from Dick's that wear for everything else. Doesn't go with all outfits, but quite frankly don't give a fuck.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 11:11 AM   #151
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't even have any "normal" shoes anymore. Specific tennis shoes for the court, golf shoes, a paid of flops, then some $20 brown slip on shoes from Dick's that wear for everything else. Doesn't go with all outfits, but quite frankly don't give a fuck.
Kinda the same. I have some grey suede Sperry's that I wear only to work, several pair of Doc Matens and Palladium's that are work only, then dedicated gym shoes and weekend shoes. I try to find "Normal" shoes and to be honest, I might be too eccentric for basic shoes.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 11:18 AM   #152
Mein11
Rep

Quote:
Kinda the same. I have some grey suede Sperry's that I wear only to work, several pair of Doc Matens and Palladium's that are work only, then dedicated gym shoes and weekend shoes. I try to find "Normal" shoes and to be honest, I might be too eccentric for basic shoes.
Honestly, I like nice shoes, I just tend to not care for them so I get as basic as possible.

For instance, the other weekend we were downtown Charleston, and it flooded, so had to go get the truck from the parking garage and go pick up the girls because apparently women can't walk in the rain. Well, had to walk through puddles that went up to my knees, and I wasn't going to take shoes off, so had the pleasure of wearing wet shoes and socks for a couple hours. Would have sucked if they were nice shoes!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13159.00
      07-15-2021, 12:20 PM   #153
ryan stewart
Major
Rep

Quote:
LOL, I only allow my girlfriend to have a small corner and 3 drawers in my walk-in, anything else she has to cycle out and take home as I there is no room at the inn...

None of that weird gucci shit though...
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2021, 12:47 PM   #154
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

"Man bags", gun control, blue jeans, shoes. What's next boxer briefs?
Appreciate 0