BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

11-13-2019, 01:11 AM   #243
Rdriq
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW Sedan 2018

What about mixing the herb with alcohol, is that medicinal in anyway?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 04:06 PM   #244
Nativetexan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Ď18 F80 & Ď90 FJ62

While the chemicals in marijuana are being proven to be "okay for the human body" it truly comes down to the fact that smoking anything is bad for your cardiovascular system.

And edibles, while potentially safer for your cardiovascular system, present a whole other set of issues from over consumption, that leads to it's own host of problems.

"Everything in moderation" is a motto to live by.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 07:03 AM   #245
Deltan
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

I read the latest research, which proved that marijuana isn't a drug. Well, I'm not a scientist and maybe it really helps to cure some diseases, but I remember very well my classmate who smoked jambs twice a day. And I remember that he really had a retarded reaction and a bad memory. It was the best anti-alcohol and marijuana ad in my life. But it didn't swing cigarettes. I smoked for 10 years until I found out that I have arrhythmia and I should pay more attention to my health if I don't want to be a wreck after 35 years. I knew that it would be very difficult for me to quit smoking, so I decided to first use the vape pen for this (I decided that I would start using less nicotine in e-liquid and this will help me quit smoking). Now I vaping without nicotine, I like to mix vape juices, I usually look for reviews of different novelties here vapingdaily.com . I know that I replaced one habit with another, less harmful, but it really is what calms and relaxes me, for me it's like a hookah. I wanted to say with this message that the fact that the medicine in small quantities can be poison in large quantities. You probably know a lot of stories about addiction to painkillers and some antidepressants, itís more difficult for people to control themselves if they are allowed to.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #246
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Well then the research is wrong. A drug is anything used that has a physiological effect on the body. Water is a drug.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2020, 02:33 PM   #247
Lewis Coles
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Drugs are everywhere But what about CBD? Imho, such products offer greater benefits with fewer risks than using medical marijuana.

I've got some health issues, that's why I use refillable CBD vape pen. I didn't know how to choose it, but after studying different articles I understood my main mistakes. Now thanks to expert advice from https://cbdgoodiebags.com/refillable-cbd-vape-pens/ I don't care about dosage.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 04:18 AM   #248
Quinn123
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

CBD oil is very beneficial for our health, both physical and mental. But I'm not sure about ordinary marijuana. I doubt it
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 04:42 AM   #249
Oldgixxer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

For me,CBD only works to alleviate pain if it has a trace of THC in. Meaning,the CBD products I used from an actual medical marijuana dispensary definitely work as compared to the crap they sell OTC at your local pharmacy/gas station/bodega which did nothing at all.
-'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 02:23 PM   #250
Fast.F10
Extruding Elements
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M5 Comp

Garage List
2016 BMW M5 F10  [0.00]
Purchased some CBD gummies while I was in Vegas last year as I get migraines very often and they did seem to help a bit for me. THC products also helps me a bit too, but not legal where I am located. Im all for anything that can resolve an issue I've been dealing with since late 80's with minimal to no side effects.
      05-13-2020, 10:55 AM   #251
HallieCotrell
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 Series

I am not in favour of smoking marijuana or its use for recreational purpose with high THC. But, it is legal to use with zero THC in the United States and many other countries, especially it is for medical purpose.

If I talk about my personal experience, then I recently used CBD oil to get relief from muscles pain, especially the chronic myofascial illnesses from here ( https://www.weednews.co/best-cbd-oil/ ). I picked a moderate potency oil because I was a beginner and preferred to go with THC free CBD oil. No doubt, it gave me great relief as compared to Aspirin and other medicines.

Similarly, medical marijuana is also useful to improve sleeping disorders, to get rid of anxiety and muscle spasm. Withal, as it is related to your health, that's why it is better to go with recommendations of your doctor.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 03:04 PM   #252
335xi Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Marijuana = IDIOT. From college experience you sit around order pizza and watch the Cheers for 6 hours in a row and not move. You get nothing done, you become extremely lazy and basically fuck off the rest of the day.

Sure its fun for a bit when you wake up and its worn off you're more depressed than before so why keep torturing yourself. Same with binge drinking. Fun, get wasted, yack and wake up with a hangover. I like a clear mind so I can get shit done. Gotta keep making more money so I can waste it on a BMW. Oh shit, I did smoke too much in college!
      06-23-2020, 04:01 PM   #253
IllSic_Design
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

If you are going/want to use CBD, make sure it's full spectrum, it'll work much better than other variations. If you can't have any THC in your system then the next best thing is broad spectrum.

Full Spectrum CBD
Full spectrum means that an oil or product contains all the cannabinoids that are naturally occurring in the cannabis plant. Quality full spectrum CBD products are typically high in CBD, with only trace amounts of minor cannabinoids, and very low in THC (less than 0.3%). Despite these relatively low amounts, the overall composition is considered “full spectrum” and is synonymous with the “entourage effect” – which refers to the increased effectiveness of these products due to the different cannabinoids working synergistically. Full spectrum products are commonly considered more effective than products that are CBD isolate derived. Products that are isolate derived will only contain the isolated CBD molecule.

Broad Spectrum CBD
No discussion of full spectrum cbd could rightly omit it’s kissing cousin: Broad Spectrum. Broad spectrum CBD products are identical to full spectrum except they are 100% THC free.

Isolate vs Distillate
These terms often surface casually in conversations pertaining to CBD and its various forms. What’s the difference? Isolate, refers to pure CBD, and distillate is a broad spectrum distillation after THC has been removed.

The Full Monty with Full Spectrum
So, what else are you getting with a full spectrum product besides CBD? The short answer is you are getting more than 100 different cannabinoids found in the hemp plant. CBD and THC are the most abundant cannabinoids in cannabis, but there are several minor cannabinoids that can play an important role in the effectiveness of a CBD product. Here is a list of their names and the role studies suggest they play in the human body.

CBD (Cannabidiol)
CBD is the most abundant compound in the hemp plant. Unlike THC, CBD will not give the user a “high” feeling that the cannabis plant has been traditionally known for. It is used by consumers to promote a healthy functioning system. Some people report it has a relaxing / calming effect, while others may feel more energized.

THC (Tetrahydrocannabinol)
THC is the second most common cannabinoid in the hemp plant. It is also the most desired compound in hemp’s sister plant, marijuana. THC is the compound in the cannabis plant that makes the user feel “high”. Legally, the distinction between hemp and marijuana is the THC content of the plant. Anything less than 0.3% is defined as hemp, and anything over 0.3% is marijuana. While full spectrum CBD products will contain trace amount of THC, levels will always be below the 0.3% mark. In such small amounts, consumers using CBD products will not feel the psychoactive effects of the THC, it is only present to help increase the entourage effect.

CBG (Cannabigerol)
CBG is a non-intoxicating cannabinoid just like CBD. It’s actually the parent compound of THC and CBD, and acts as precursor to the three main cannabinoid lines: tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA), cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), and cannabichromenic acid (CBCA). Enzymes in the cannabis plant will break down CBG and convert it to one of these final compounds.

CBN (Cannabinol)
CBN is a minor cannabinoid that is being studied for its sedative effects. CBN is believed to be the compound in cannabis that generates a relaxed feeling in the user.

CBC (Cannabichromene)
Cannabichromene (CBC), is one of the hundreds of cannabinoids found in the Cannabis plant, and is therefore a phytocannabinoid. It bears structural similarity to the other natural cannabinoids, including THC,THCV, CBD, CBN, among others. CBC and its derivatives are as abundant as cannabinols in cannabis.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:29 PM   #254
simplemind
Rep
Drives: '03 M3, ret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
If you are going/want to use CBD, make sure it's full spectrum, it'll work much better than other variations. If you can't have any THC in your system then the next best thing is broad spectrum.
Sounds like the voice of experience! Given your experience, would you recommend a specific product? Itís a jungle out there, and hard to know whatís good and not.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 06:02 PM   #255
IllSic_Design
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplemind View Post
Sounds like the voice of experience! Given your experience, would you recommend a specific product? Itís a jungle out there, and hard to know whatís good and not.
I use NuLeafnaturals.com, one of the best CBD oil's I have found in my research. Use code "standup911" for a 15%(i think) discount.
Appreciate 0