BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-04-2019, 08:35 AM   #23
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1143
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
The earth's magnetic field is measurably weakening. At some points in the earth's past when this weakening occurred, the magnetic poles even swapped ends. North Pole was in Antarctica. All those elves had to pull up stakes. That could happen now, tomorrow. Or a hundred years from now. But it will happen soon.

I'm a computer geek. I got there by way of having been an electronics geek, which requires one to have a smattering of basic electrical knowledge. Magnetic fields and electromotive force are closely intertwined; one need only look under the hood of any automobile at the alternator to prove it to themselves.

Clouds are formed when water vapor condenses in the upper atmosphere. As the clouds' water molecules (and ice crystals in some cases) tumble around they generate an electro-magnetic field. They do this whilst existing in earth's magnetic field. Which is weakening by the day.

Magnetic fields and their impact on the earth's weather. This is going to be big I tell you.
Albert Einstein agreed with the idea of the earth’s magnetic poles swapping places.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2019, 11:47 AM   #24
adc100
Major
975
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zugzwang View Post
Please provide definitive data?

Im not here for a fight. But you cant just kill a threat because your word is the gospel of all that is your reality. Lets do a science based thingy here.

Be careful with what studies one posts. It can be surmised and determined that smoking is healthy after 2000 people smoke battery acid vs tobacco. Scientific studies exist with such wide parameters that any desirable answer can be the result. Eg. eating plutonium is the healthier (you will live longer) option when faced with the choice of eating plutonium vs eating a cyanide pill.

I have posted some data. Fuck some of its from nasa!! Is the earth warming? Please provide us with scientific data.
Fact: 13 out of the hottest global years have occurred in the last 20 years. You can look an any arrangement of the date on the last 50 years and reach the same conclusion.

Fact: CO2 concentration as determined by Ice Core samples has not been above 300ppm in the last 650,000 years. By the ratio of Carbon 13/12 Isotopes its known that the increase of 300 to 400+ ppm has been generated by man.

Fact:Polar ice melts are responsible for the slowness of the G.W. pace. But think of a glass of water with a lot of ice. Ttays pretty close to 32F until the ice is almost gone. But in the case of earth we won't need to wait comparatively long. As the ice melts reflectivety (Albedo) decreases and so does G.W. increase.

Fact:The oceans are a huuuge heat sink. It takes a lot of energy to heat them repidly. Along with the enthalpy of fusion absorbed by melting of ice is allowing us to be alive and having this debate.

Obviously many more Facts. You can look them up.
Why don't you tell me why there is no M.M.G.W.

We both know that "real" facts as opposed to cherry picking B.S. put out by the Heartland institute is available to all those who are interested. I first started following this based on an article in Science Magazine around 1980. I've done the math with amount ofj ice melt and heating of the oceans.

Lets face it you want to argue for your viewpoint and that's what we do on forums
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2019, 01:07 PM   #25
obert
Brigadier General
obert's Avatar
United_States
1131
Rep
3,472
Posts

Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle Wa

iTrader: (37)

Here is my take on all of this stuff. At some point everything will be different as in places that are warm now will be cold and places that are cold now will be warm due to global warming. I believe this is how the world has always been, we are just speeding up the natural process.

It’s already happening. Poles are shifting, places are getting super hot and erratic weather, ocean currents are shifting. It only a matter of time and we will adapt to it just like we have since the begging of man. Lots of people will die but everyone will not.

I am sure there is a more scientific way or saying it but yeah I am not a scientist.

People will try to profit off of fear and they will make millions doing so.
Appreciate 2
      07-04-2019, 01:47 PM   #26
adc100
Major
975
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obert View Post
Here is my take on all of this stuff. At some point everything will be different as in places that are warm now will be cold and places that are cold now will be warm due to global warming. I believe this is how the world has always been, we are just speeding up the natural process. .
But the "average" global temperature averages hundreds or thousands of points from year to year. So the total warmth of the planet is rising.

To your point..yes hot spots and cold spots are changing. The extra energy of the planet is in part responsible. Europe is expected to become cooler due to shifting of the Gulf Steam.

Sea Ice at the south pole is increasing bc melting of Antarctic ice cools the oceans around the continent.

Last edited by adc100; 07-05-2019 at 06:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #27
F32Fleet
Major General
F32Fleet's Avatar
United_States
1415
Rep
7,768
Posts

Drives: 2015 435i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Southeastern US

iTrader: (0)

The 1970's are calling.
Appreciate 1
Zugzwang1143.00

      07-05-2019, 08:50 PM   #28
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1143
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 09:05 PM   #29
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1143
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)



This is a live broadcast at the time of posting. Theres also a live chat for anybody that has questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 12:54 PM   #30
arkie6
First Lieutenant
United_States
329
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Russellville, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Fact: 13 out of the hottest global years have occurred in the last 20 years. You can look an any arrangement of the date on the last 50 years and reach the same conclusion.
Except that it is not a fact. It is based on mostly fabricated and adjusted data. Also, going back only 50 years puts you in the 1960-1970 time frame which was during a cool period in history, so it is logical that temperatures will tend to increase from this low point. If you look back 100 years, this includes the very high temperatures experienced in the US and northern hemisphere during the 1930's, there has been little to no warming since that time period.

If it hasn't measurably warmed in the US in the past 100 years, then where is the warming taking place?

From the link below:

"The vast majority of high quality long-term temperature data comes from the US, and in fact much of the planet has little or no long-term temperature data. Because of the poor coverage, it is doubtful that the published global temperature record has any scientific validity. The US is one of very few places with reliable temperature data."

In 1989, "NOAA reported that there had been no warming in the US over the past century."

"Most of the recent data tampering has been due to simply making data up. In their monthly temperature data, they mark estimated (as opposed to measured) temperatures with a capital “E.” So far in 2019, sixty-one percent of the monthly temperature data is now estimated by a computer model, rather than actual measured thermometer data."

https://realclimatescience.com/61-fake-data/
Appreciate 2
vreihen16686.50
MKSixer14961.50

      07-07-2019, 01:34 PM   #31
arkie6
First Lieutenant
United_States
329
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Russellville, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
...the glaciers are melting and pretty soon there will be no Northwest Passage as it will be open water without ice, something has changed don't you think?
I don't think something has changed other than how the evidence is reported. If it supports the climate alarmism narrative, it gets reported by the media and leftist websites and politicians. If it doesn't support it, it doesn't get reported.

"Greenland’s most famous glacier has grown nearly 10km over the past seven years."

https://realclimatescience.com/2019/...-since-2012-2/

"Greenland Ice Sheet apparently gains mass for the 2nd year in a row"

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/09/...year-in-a-row/

And I'm not seeing any significant changes in Arctic sea ice thickness and volume over the past 15 years suggesting open Arctic sea in the foreseeable future:

http://polarportal.dk/en/sea-ice-and...ss-and-volume/

And, ‘Antarctica is gaining ice’:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/06/...s-gaining-ice/
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 04:21 PM   #32
adc100
Major
975
Rep
1,195
Posts

Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
Global cooling was the flavor back then.
That's another "fact" taken out of context and from historical global information...we "should be entering a cooling mode" You can research that..I doubt you will. But nice try.

arkie6 Go back to reading the bs put out by Heartland Institute. I won't ask to you to educate your self with facts by peer reviewed science articles. I just told my glass of ice tea to do that..same result as telling you. Also you didn't bother reading my previous explanation as to why sea ice is increasing..what a surprise. You would make a great agricultural "cherry picker"
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...ier-is-growing
Scheesch..the problem with arguing with deniers is that they don't even know when they have had their ass handed to them..It really spoils the fun for me


Like I said..The ice is melting and the oceans are warming. On the happy side for you guys. Nothing can really be done no matter what mankind does. Its really to late. Its like trying to stop an 80mph 200 coal car freight train coming down from the Rocky Mountains in the length of a large Walmart parking lot...Impossible.

These M.M.G.W arguments resemble a bunch of monkeys trying to fck a football.

Last edited by adc100; 07-07-2019 at 04:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 11:43 PM   #33
arkie6
First Lieutenant
United_States
329
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Russellville, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
arkie6 Go back to reading the bs put out by Heartland Institute.
Nothing I posted or linked was from the Heartland Institute, whatever that is.

Quote:
I won't ask to you to educate your self with facts by peer reviewed science articles.
If it is not too much trouble, how about posting some of those peer reviewed science articles.

Quote:
Also you didn't bother reading my previous explanation as to why sea ice is increasing..what a surprise.
Where is sea ice increasing? Not in the Arctic as it has been mostly stable or decreasing slightly over the past 10 years or so. Not in the Antarctic either, at least since 2014. In fact, it has been dropping significantly since 2014 - see link to scientific article below. So why should I bother reading an explanation for something that isn't happening?

"A 40-y record reveals gradual Antarctic sea ice increases followed by decreases at rates far exceeding the rates seen in the Arctic": https://www.pnas.org/content/early/2.../25/1906556116

Quote:
Like I said..The ice is melting and the oceans are warming.
And that is mostly incorrect. Both the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets are stable or gaining mass. And the oceans are not warming or not warming any significant amount.

"Several thousand aquatic robots that can dive 3000 feet down and measure ocean temperature have indicated that the oceans have not warmed up at all over the past 4 to 5 years."

"Since 2003, the robots have recorded no warming of the global oceans, but in fact, a very slight cooling."

This is the ARGO system floating robots:

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weath...-warming/30030

"NASA Study Finds Earth’s Ocean Abyss Has Not Warmed"

https://www.nasa.gov/press/2014/octo...as-not-warmed/

The climate is changing and the earth has been on a general warming trend, with a few ups and downs along the way, since the end of the little ice age in the mid 1800's. CO2 has little to nothing to do with this in my opinion. Any role it plays is minor compared to water vapor and it completely pales in comparison to the role that the sun plays. CO2 in the atmosphere is a tool used by scientists on the public dole, the media, and politicians to push an agenda.

Last edited by arkie6; 07-08-2019 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 2
Zugzwang1143.00
MKSixer14961.50

      07-08-2019, 01:11 AM   #34
arkie6
First Lieutenant
United_States
329
Rep
374
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i sedan
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Russellville, AR

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
More media bias and climate change propaganda exposed:

Alaska’s Heatwave Nearly As Hot As 1915 - So It Must Be Global Warming Say BBC, July 6, 2019

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...arming-say-bbc

Record High Temperatures in France: 3 Facts the Media Don’t Tell You

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/07/...dont-tell-you/
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 02:50 AM   #35
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1143
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkie6 View Post
More media bias and climate change propaganda exposed:

Alaska’s Heatwave Nearly As Hot As 1915 - So It Must Be Global Warming Say BBC, July 6, 2019

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.word...arming-say-bbc

Record High Temperatures in France: 3 Facts the Media Don’t Tell You

http://www.drroyspencer.com/2019/07/...dont-tell-you/
A few days ago in Dubrovnik Croatia it was 43 C. Thats 109 F. On that same day in Oslo Norway it was 1.5 C or 34.5 F. That temperature was the coldest day recorded in like 70 years.

Though the temperature in southern Croatia is a perfect example of how to cherry pick a random temperature to back up a global warming agenda, the whole of earth as an integrated system should be looked at firstly as well as instead.

Europe is hot. Scandinavia no so hot.

Please people. Lets debate with a little character assassination as possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 05:42 PM   #36
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
14962
Rep
7,379
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
That's another "fact" taken out of context and from historical global information...we "should be entering a cooling mode" You can research that..I doubt you will. But nice try.

arkie6 Go back to reading the bs put out by Heartland Institute. I won't ask to you to educate your self with facts by peer reviewed science articles. I just told my glass of ice tea to do that..same result as telling you. Also you didn't bother reading my previous explanation as to why sea ice is increasing..what a surprise. You would make a great agricultural "cherry picker"
https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/im...ier-is-growing
Scheesch..the problem with arguing with deniers is that they don't even know when they have had their ass handed to them..It really spoils the fun for me


Like I said..The ice is melting and the oceans are warming. On the happy side for you guys. Nothing can really be done no matter what mankind does. Its really to late. Its like trying to stop an 80mph 200 coal car freight train coming down from the Rocky Mountains in the length of a large Walmart parking lot...Impossible.

These M.M.G.W arguments resemble a bunch of monkeys trying to fck a football.
I can't comment on this because I apparently drowned according to the, Father of Global Warming and Climate Change, James Hansen...formerly head of the NASA group who studies climate change.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Hell, I get random sausage attacks when I go anywhere.

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #37
vreihen16
Second Lieutenant
United_States
687
Rep
264
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Orange County, NY

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
SpaceWeather.com reported today that new sunspot AR2744 is a reverse-polarity sunspot, signaling the end is nearing...of Solar Cycle 24. According to Hale's Polarity Law, sunspots flip magnetic polarity at the beginning of a new Solar Cycle.

Happy Solar Cycle 25!!!!!
__________________
2015 BMW i3 BEV, Giga World (Lodge interior), Tech/Driving Assist Packages, 18K miles
Appreciate 2
Zugzwang1143.00
MKSixer14961.50

      07-08-2019, 08:09 PM   #38
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
1143
Rep
2,538
Posts

Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
SpaceWeather.com reported today that new sunspot AR2744 is a reverse-polarity sunspot, signaling the end is nearing...of Solar Cycle 24. According to Hale's Polarity Law, sunspots flip magnetic polarity at the beginning of a new Solar Cycle.

Happy Solar Cycle 25!!!!!
I hope we dont freeze. I hope we dont burn either. Blah.
Appreciate 2
vreihen16686.50
MKSixer14961.50

      07-09-2019, 10:17 PM   #39
irishbimmer
Banned
1133
Rep
1,568
Posts

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Its a chicken little threat for me, but not for my grandchildren, and yours.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 10:23 PM   #40
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5329
Rep
5,730
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Just to make your blood boil, France is enacting a tax on ALL FLIGHTS leaving the country to fight....man made climate change. Regardless on whether you believe MMCC is real or not, just how in the hell has it been proven that a tax on ANYTHING will help fight it?

If folks don't realize this scam is nothing but a gigantic money grab I don't know what I could do to change your mind. I'll tell you one thing, if we ever start implementing this bullshit here in America (along with reparations, paying for illegals healthcare, student loan debt forgiveness, or any of the other loony tune bullshit these morons can come up with), I recommend finding ways to take your economy underground. I've paid 100% of my taxes every year of my life, and I'm getting fucking KILLED. It never gets better, it only gets worse and worse in regards to tax burdens. Enough is a gotdamned 'nuff.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tax-on-flights

Last edited by NickyC; 07-09-2019 at 10:34 PM..
Appreciate 2
      07-09-2019, 11:14 PM   #41
avantegardestyle
Captain
159
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M3 SG
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: East Side

iTrader: (0)

Politicians and scientists always need new forms of terror and scared tactics in order to control money and to control people

I am a firm believer in taking care of the environment, but Global warming AKA Climate change is one of the biggest bullshit going.

Yes we are ALL gonna die. the death rate is one per person and if we love long enough we will all become extinct at the very least one at a time.
BUT, the WOLRD will continue, life will continue and Human beings will continue to exist,

Only God can change that when he sees fit
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 11:16 PM   #42
avantegardestyle
Captain
159
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M3 SG
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: East Side

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Just to make your blood boil, France is enacting a tax on ALL FLIGHTS leaving the country to fight....man made climate change. Regardless on whether you believe MMCC is real or not, just how in the hell has it been proven that a tax on ANYTHING will help fight it?

If folks don't realize this scam is nothing but a gigantic money grab I don't know what I could do to change your mind. I'll tell you one thing, if we ever start implementing this bullshit here in America (along with reparations, paying for illegals healthcare, student loan debt forgiveness, or any of the other loony tune bullshit these morons can come up with), I recommend finding ways to take your economy underground. I've paid 100% of my taxes every year of my life, and I'm getting fucking KILLED. It never gets better, it only gets worse and worse in regards to tax burdens. Enough is a gotdamned 'nuff.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...tax-on-flights
I appreciated your post, but don't agree with everything you said.

Whats wrong with reparations?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2019, 11:21 PM   #43
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5329
Rep
5,730
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
I appreciated your post, but don't agree with everything you said.

Whats wrong with reparations?
Why the hell should I pay for something I was never a part of, nobody alive now was ever a part of, and my freeking DNA was in Poland until the early 1900s ffs?
Appreciate 4
Zugzwang1143.00
arkie6328.50
MKSixer14961.50

      07-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #44
avantegardestyle
Captain
159
Rep
776
Posts

Drives: E90 ///M3 SG
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: East Side

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Why the hell should I pay for something I was never a part of, nobody alive now was ever a part of, and my freeking DNA was in Poland until the early 1900s ffs?
that is a very simplistic way of looking at it
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:15 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST