BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

04-11-2019, 12:04 PM   #23
340ix17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '17 340i xdrive w/ MPPSK, BM3

Unfortunate the people who know the least about Assange are the loudest and have the most contempt for the man.

1.) Sweden dropped the rape case back in 2017, it would be helpful if people actually did the minimum research needed to show this. Clearly, in order for him to represent himself the way the case would have required would have also forced him into a jeopardy of facing separate larger legal battles and extradition.

2.) He was not the one who put US forces in harms way through his releases. Repeatedly he sought to alert the State Department (then headed by none other than Hillary Clinton), in addition to the US Embassy in London, that access to unredacted government cables had been compromised through a source at the Guardian. To this day, DOS admits Julian contacted and spoke with them for more than 75 minutes, but yet this has does nothing to dispel the cloud over him

3.) Assange is a journalist, he publishes information which is provided to him through a variety of sources. He has been used as a pawn in a much larger global struggle for power. Those of you who are cheering his arrest may not like how this all ends... (think about what he knows, what it involves, and what type of 'discovery' must now be made public through the court proceedings.
Appreciate 3
      04-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #24
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
I think Assange is on the people's side - hacking to expose disgusting practices by governments & corporations that would have otherwise gone unnoticed.

I can understand however if you are/were in the military you will probably hate him.
If by "people", you mean "Putin" people.......
      04-11-2019, 12:17 PM   #25
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i (coming)

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 340ix17 View Post
Unfortunate the people who know the least about Assange are the loudest and have the most contempt for the man.

1.) Sweden dropped the rape case back in 2017, it would be helpful if people actually did the minimum research needed to show this. Clearly, in order for him to represent himself the way the case would have required would have also forced him into a jeopardy of facing separate larger legal battles and extradition.

2.) He was not the one who put US forces in harms way through his releases. Repeatedly he sought to alert the State Department (then headed by none other than Hillary Clinton), in addition to the US Embassy in London, that access to unredacted government cables had been compromised through a source at the Guardian. To this day, DOS admits Julian contacted and spoke with them for more than 75 minutes, but yet this has does nothing to dispel the cloud over him

3.) Assange is a journalist, he publishes information which is provided to him through a variety of sources. He has been used as a pawn in a much larger global struggle for power. Those of you who are cheering his arrest may not like how this all ends... (think about what he knows, what it involves, and what type of 'discovery' must now be made public through the court proceedings.
So, publishing highly classified material that had the potential to cost thousands of lives makes him your hero?
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2019, 12:36 PM   #26
minn19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 F150, 19 M550 19 ZL1 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340ix17 View Post

1. They didn't drop it because he isn't possibly guilty of the crime. He also has many other allegations against him of sexual improprieties.

2. Even if this is true it doesn't excuse many other things he has done.

3. He went way beyond just being a journalist. To think this is rather naive. He also allowed himself to be used as a pawn in this game for some known and many unknown reasons. I for one am all for everything to come out in court. But, I highly doubt it will and many things will remain unanswered.

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/latinameri...f7B?li=BBJGEmF

Here is good article written about him IMO. A hero on somethings and an egotistical etc villian on many others. It also comes down if his leaks helped or hurt your cause if you think he is either.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #27
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Carried out like a man.....(sarcasm just to be clear). As an aside I hate seeing coppers carrying anyone. They used to teach techniques to get people to walk, but it required a bit of pain compliance and that seems mean (sarcasm again).
He wasn't carried. He was on his feet.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #28
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetrickerman View Post
Why is everyone hating on him? Real question
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
1) He is an alleged rapist.

2) He committed high treason.
Without starting another UK-US beef

Can you simply tell me why you are not so critical of POTUS - who is alleged to have committed the exact 2 crimes ?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 01:00 PM   #29
The0pportunist
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
If by "people", you mean "Putin" people.......
Fake news
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 01:04 PM   #30
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The0pportunist View Post
Without starting another UK-US beef

Can you simply tell me why you are not so critical of POTUS - who is alleged to have committed the exact 2 crimes ?
1) POTUS was never credibly accused of rape by any government. Did I miss something?

2) POTUS has never been charged with anything related to treason. Some of his political opponents said he committed treason and after two years of investigations by our justice department, the investigation determined that he was not guilty of anything.

04-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #31
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Carried out like a man.....(sarcasm just to be clear). As an aside I hate seeing coppers carrying anyone. They used to teach techniques to get people to walk, but it required a bit of pain compliance and that seems mean (sarcasm again).
He wasn't carried. He was on his feet.
Couldn't see his feet in the videos, but it looks like he was dragged to me. He certainly was not walking.
minn195795.50

04-11-2019, 02:08 PM   #32
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Couldn't see his feet in the videos, but it looks like he was dragged to me. He certainly was not walking.
Agreed, he certainly didn't look like he was operating under his own power so to speak. I mean we all saw the video...he wasn't out jaunty walking to the paddy wagon.
Appreciate 1
minn195795.50

04-11-2019, 02:11 PM   #33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Looked a little like Tim Conway as Dorf...
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 02:28 PM   #34
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://news.yahoo.com/after-assange...173040685.html
President Trump, who repeatedly touted WikiLeaks on the campaign trail in 2016, on Thursday denied knowing anything about the whistleblower website or its founder, Julian Assange, who was arrested in London earlier in the day.

I know nothing about Wikileaks. Its not my thing, Trump told reporters inside the Oval Office when asked if he still loves WikiLeaks.

Of Assange, Trump said, I know nothing really about him its not my deal in life.

Trump sure loved Assange and Wikileaks back in 2016!
Attached Images

04-11-2019, 02:30 PM   #35
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Sad day for truth

Symbolism will be their downfall
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 02:44 PM   #36
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Sad day for truth
Amazingly, the dishonest MSM is keeping the Wikileaks stories on the incarceration of the Chinese Uyguhars secret, as well on the chinese persecution of Christians. The MSM hasn't reported on Wikileaks leaks on the Russian Novichuk attack in England, or Assad's gas attacks on civilians in Syria. Assange has done such wonders exposing the brutality of the North Koreans on their own people.

Oh, wait, wikileaks does none of that. They simply just spout anti US propaganda, and look to weaken our democracy.

04-11-2019, 02:46 PM   #37
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
https://news.yahoo.com/after-assange...173040685.html
President Trump, who repeatedly touted WikiLeaks on the campaign trail in 2016, on Thursday denied knowing anything about the whistleblower website or its founder, Julian Assange, who was arrested in London earlier in the day.

I know nothing about Wikileaks. Its not my thing, Trump told reporters inside the Oval Office when asked if he still loves WikiLeaks.

Of Assange, Trump said, I know nothing really about him its not my deal in life.

Trump sure loved Assange and Wikileaks back in 2016!

Oh Trumpie. A source of constant amusement for me, it helps distract me from the reality of my own PM's shortcomings. I don't think he understands that the internet is forever. And Twitter is going to hurt.

That being said, I still do think he's doing a relatively good job in some aspects for America.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2019, 02:49 PM   #38
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

Oh Trumpie. A source of constant amusement for me, it helps distract me from the reality of my own PM's shortcomings. I don't think he understands that the internet is forever. And Twitter is going to hurt.

That being said, I still do think he's doing a relatively good job in some aspects for America.
Keeping orange as a popular skin and hair color? Or does he drink his milk from a bag?
      04-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #39
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Keeping orange as a popular skin and hair color? Or does he drink his milk from a bag?
I cannot discern which mode of conveyance he prefers his milk to come in (though I suspect bags...for a variety of reasons). But I think he is genuinely trying (and more or less succeeding) in boosting the American economy. I'm not sure if it will be long term though.

I also didn't mind his recognition re: Israel...something past presidents shied away from.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #40
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:

I also didn't mind his recognition re: Israel...something past presidents shied away from.
What Presidents have shied away from Israel ?
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #41
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
What Presidents have shied away from Israel ?
I was referring to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. That was something past presidents shied away from.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 03:58 PM   #42
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
I was referring to the recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. That was something past presidents shied away from.
I think the three past American presidents shied away from Jerusalem recognition because Netanyahu isnt a class act. A classier Israeli leader would have been more sensitive to Palestinian hardship. https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20...3hBaT9H_6dEvLU
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #43
Poiseuille
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Take everything she and The Guardian say with a bucket of salt.
May pressured Ecuador and, I'll assume, she was pressured by us. Something is up, beyond the rape accusations. If he has the drive that he was, supposedly, given with the dnc emails on it, that is what the US is after. Like I said, something bigger is going on.
^^^ certainly agree with this, we'll see what he has to tell us about the DNC (instead of spending 90 years in a Supermax). as an added incentive for prosecutors to go a little easy on him, maybe Assange can give us something on Bradley Manning so we can re-charge that pathetic POS and put him away for 90 years.
Appreciate 1
Run Silent12194.00

04-11-2019, 04:49 PM   #44
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

The fact that the US government wants him so bad is in itself virually proof that the US government did things that are absolutely not tolerable.

The only questionable thing about Assange are the rape accusations that now have been dropped.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers | Sachs performance clutch
Appreciate 3