BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-15-2019, 01:23 AM   #287
J-RO
Second Lieutenant
174
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW 4 series
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: A Place I Like To Call “You’ll See”

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Are you with Jack and Jim?🤒
Can you imagine if they had placed the 4 series concept grille on the front of that car.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 01:27 AM   #288
535i MSport
Lieutenant
535i MSport's Avatar
United Kingdom
390
Rep
459
Posts

Drives: 2017 C63S T
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: East Anglia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Are you with Jack and Jim?🤒
Can you imagine if they had placed the 4 series concept grille on the front of that car.
It would have been "perfect", for the Griswolds.
Attached Images
 
__________________
2017 M3 Comp Pack 450PS

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 2
J-RO173.50

      10-15-2019, 02:37 AM   #289
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
3555
Rep
15,302
Posts

Drives: '17 Nardo Grey M4
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: On 2 wheels clipping an apex!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-RO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
Are you with Jack and Jim?🤒
Can you imagine if they had placed the 4 series concept grille on the front of that car.
It would have been "perfect", for the Griswolds.
That car has a smaller grille than any BMW going back 20 years. Lol!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #290
M3 Number 86
Major General
2953
Rep
6,080
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Who actually LIKES these huge grills? I've heard that it's primarily to the Chinese market who love the things.

Audi / Lexus have been doing this for a while and I always thought it looked hideous. I do hope that it doesn't spread to the entire line of cars.
makes sense now.

I remember going to my favorite polo brand shop and never again being able to buy another shirt from them because the design changed to cater to the chinese market. Every single shirt had a HUGE brand logo on them.

I guess this is the equivalent.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2019, 03:05 PM   #291
Meeni
Gateropode
Meeni's Avatar
279
Rep
2,749
Posts

Drives: BMW 330i 06
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: TN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
makes sense now.

I remember going to my favorite polo brand shop and never again being able to buy another shirt from them because the design changed to cater to the chinese market. Every single shirt had a HUGE brand logo on them.

I guess this is the equivalent.
This one?

Appreciate 5
J-RO173.50
MarkDemma335.50
GenXer216.00

      10-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #292
J-RO
Second Lieutenant
174
Rep
257
Posts

Drives: BMW 4 series
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: A Place I Like To Call “You’ll See”

iTrader: (0)

Maybe BMW should just sell its vehicles in China.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto3463.50

      10-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #293
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2942
Rep
3,492
Posts

Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
Who actually LIKES these huge grills? I've heard that it's primarily to the Chinese market who love the things.

Audi / Lexus have been doing this for a while and I always thought it looked hideous. I do hope that it doesn't spread to the entire line of cars.
makes sense now.

I remember going to my favorite polo brand shop and never again being able to buy another shirt from them because the design changed to cater to the chinese market. Every single shirt had a HUGE brand logo on them.

I guess this is the equivalent.
Aha. I always wondered why the Polo insignia became gigantic
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2019, 02:35 PM   #294
e38740imd
Enlisted Member
United_States
9
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: 2016 640i
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
This one?


this had me rolling.

i like the look of the 4 series concept. if they release it with the huge grill then it will grow on alot of nay-sayers. like what happened to the 2020 supra
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan3554.50

      10-16-2019, 10:53 PM   #295
thebmw
Post Advisor
thebmw's Avatar
286
Rep
916
Posts

Drives: Many BMWs and SRTs
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e38740imd View Post
this had me rolling.

i like the look of the 4 series concept. if they release it with the huge grill then it will grow on alot of nay-sayers. like what happened to the 2020 supra
The 2020 Supra doesn't have Beaver grills and is hardly considered offensive, garish, gaudy, ugly, monstrous, obnoxious, gross, dumb, etc (like the stupid big grills are). The only backlash with the Supra was that it was not a true Toyota and the lines are different than the original.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2019, 01:58 AM   #296
M2PDX
Captain
United_States
809
Rep
743
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Portland, Oregon

iTrader: (0)

Ugly, ungainly, unpleasant, unusual, unfortunate and unnecessary.

The M850 and M8 are beautiful designs. So someone at BMW still gets it.

There is simply no reason to adopt "shocking" as the main design motif for the 4 coupe.
Appreciate 1
J-RO173.50

      10-17-2019, 04:11 PM   #297
M3 Number 86
Major General
2953
Rep
6,080
Posts

Drives: black m3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: pasadena

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeni View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Number 86 View Post
makes sense now.

I remember going to my favorite polo brand shop and never again being able to buy another shirt from them because the design changed to cater to the chinese market. Every single shirt had a HUGE brand logo on them.

I guess this is the equivalent.
This one?

Burberry has done that too now. Can't wear them anymore lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 12:37 AM   #298
MGDSC
New Member
9
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: BMW M135i LCI
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: SA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
He is tone deaf. The complaints of many of us are not that they have changed, it is that they have changed from an attractive grill to a hideous unattractive one. Change is fine...just make it attractive.
+1 - Time for van Hooydonk to move on.
Van Hooydonk move the hell on and take your big ugly toaster grill & plethora of FWD platforms with you !
Appreciate 2
J-RO173.50
bmw1racer694.00

      10-24-2019, 10:34 PM   #299
Billfitz
Major General
Billfitz's Avatar
United_States
3255
Rep
7,807
Posts

Drives: '15 328iX GT
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Can the grill provide 2.5 mph impact resistance to damage? Since there is no bumper.
And that's why the show car won't make it into production. Bumpers are required by law. You can do anything you want with a show car that's not street legal, but not with actual production models.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan3554.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:57 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST