BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #133
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanlala View Post
I read that the atonement walk was Lena Heady head cgi placed on different body according to IGN..
Link? (My wifey isn't convinced)
      06-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #134
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
this guy gets it
I mean of course it isn't a coincidence. Melisandre pretty much had an "oh shit" moment when she realized that Stannis wasn't the promised prince so she heads back to Castle Black.

Followers of the Lord of Light have resurrected the dead before but even if he is resurrected what's he gonna do? He's really got no allies now aside from maybe the Wildlings.

Maybe Samwell's line to Olly earlier in the season has more meaning to it "Don't worry about Jon. I've known him for years, he always comes back".

Not sure what Melisandre will do but I suspect that Jon Snow's blood could be key to what she's looking for.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 01:18 PM   #135
Sanlala
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner
Quote:
I read that the atonement walk was Lena Heady head cgi placed on different body according to IGN..
http://www.cinemablend.com/m/televis...alk-72464.html
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 03:32 PM   #136
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

From a interview with Kit.

"Quite honestly, I have never been told the future of things in this show, but this is the one time I have. They sat me down and said, ?This is how it is.? If anything in the future is not like that, then I don?t know about it ? it?s only in David and Dan and George?s heads. But I?ve been told I?m dead. I?m dead. I?m not coming back next season. So that?s all I can tell you, really."

Not sure why all those ? Appeared lol
      06-15-2015, 03:42 PM   #137
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!
      06-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #138
w0ady
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
When a show is known for killing off favorite characters as much as GOT, it's funny to me people get surprised by it still.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic273443_2.gif
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:09 PM   #139
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady View Post
When a show is known for killing off favorite characters as much as GOT, it's funny to me people get surprised by it still.
We actually don't know if Jon Snow is dead or if he's still alive/comes back to life.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:21 PM   #140
w0ady
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
We actually don't know if Jon Snow is dead or if he's still alive/comes back to life.
It was more a general statement than referring to Jon Snow. People on Facebook do the same thing, posting about how crazy or epic the last episode was. I may just be jaded as I've read a few of the books.

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 09:45 PM   #141
AW335TT
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ady
If you're not going to get surprised by what happens, what's the point of watching .. Just assume everyone dies and call it a day.
      06-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #142
w0ady
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AW335TT View Post
If you're not going to get surprised by what happens, what's the point of watching .. Just assume everyone dies and call it a day.
I never said I am not surprised by what happens. The fact that no characters are off limits from dying is part of what made GOT as big as it is.

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #143
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDiner View Post
There is no question that was NOT her body! I mean first of all, the body just looked much younger and firmer and thicker than what she has in real life. Not that I've seen it LOL but I have seen her in other films and she is nowhere that thick! Plus she has tattoos all over her body that would pose significant issues in filming her naked.

I just wish the evil bitch would've caught a brick to the face!!!
      06-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #144
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Some theories online...

Melisandre Could Bring Him Back from the Dead This is one of the more popular theories. Now that Stannis is (presumably) dead, Melisandre is in search of a new messiah to champion, and she’s been eyeballing Jon Snow all season. Do we know that Melisandre can bring people back from the dead? Not specifically, no. But we do know that people who follow the Lord of Light, a.k.a. R’hllor, can. Back in Season 3, Melisandre met Thoros of Myr, a red priest who had resurrected his friend Beric Dondarrion several times. In the books, Thoros resurrects someone else important, but in the show’s narrative, it was necessary to establish that resurrections can and do happen in this universe. Melisandre looked rather scandalized by Thoros’s antics, but it’s a good thing the show went out of its way to link these two up (they don’t meet in the books) so we would know that Melisandre had this option in her back pocket. And, hey, her magic is running hot as she’s brimming with the power of Shireen’s royal blood.

-If you want a shorter version: thousands and thousands of years ago there was something called the Long Night in which the Others (a.k.a. White Walkers) laid waste to the realms of men during a long winter. According to legend, there was a hero who put a stop to the Long Night, and he was called by many names throughout the fictional lands of Westeros, Essos, and beyond. The Prince That Was Promised, the Last Hero, the Stallion Who Mounts the World, Azor Ahai, etc. These are probably all the same savior figure, and, according to a widespread prophecy, he’s destined to be reborn and save the world once more. Melisandre had been operating under the assumption that Stannis Baratheon was that chosen one born of smoke and salt.

-What Hints Have There Been that Jon is Azor Ahai? This gets a little complicated so bear with me. One of the biggest efforts the show has made to indicate Jon’s Chosen One status was that business he did with his sword at Hardhome. Like King Arthur or Godric Gryffindor, Azor Ahai has a legendary sword called Lightbringer. In the books, Samwell Tarly says, “I found one account of the Long Night that spoke of the Last Hero [a.k.a. Azor Ahai] slaying Others with a blade of dragonsteel. Supposedly they could not stand against it.” Melisandre spoke of the legend of Lightbringer back in Season 2, saying, “In the ancient books it is written that a warrior will draw a burning sword from the fire.” In the books (though not the show), when he saved Lord Commander Jeor Mormont's life from a wight attack at Castle Black, Jon Snow set a fire that damaged Longclaw’s hilt, melting silver on the bear's head pommel and burning the crossguard and grip. Mormont gave the sword to Jon, so the blade Snow used on that White Walker at Hardhome, Longclaw, was technically pulled from a fire.

-The sword and Melisandre’s fascination with Jon Snow have been the show’s biggest indications that he’s someone special. In the books there are other signs. Melisandre says, ”I pray for a glimpse of Azor Ahai, and R’hllor shows me only snow.“ Apparently, R’hllor has a sense of humor. In the books, Jon dreams of being armored all in ice clutching a burning sword which he uses to kill his wildling girlfriend, Ygritte. In the legend, Azor Ahai forged his legendary sword by plunging it into the heart of his beloved wife, Nissa Nissa. Finally, Azor Ahai is supposed to be descended from Aerys (the Mad King) and Rhaella Targaryen. If rumors about Jon’s parentage are true, Aerys and Rhaella could be his grandparents. So there you have it, Jon Snow, the poor Bastard of Winterfell, could very well be the Prince That Was Promised.

-He also indicated he will not be in the next season...doesn't mean he won't return the following year.
Appreciate 1
      06-16-2015, 07:57 PM   #145
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...elisandre-warg
      06-19-2015, 08:03 AM   #146
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastereh View Post
Well..... how do you feel now?

Seriously where is this story going....

Now I hope the Watch get screwed when the Whitewalkers attack and I really hope they realize that Shit Jon was right....

And Ollie.... screw you Ollie... I hope he screams for Jon when he's killed by the Whitewalkers....
I knew it as a possibility going into the last episode so I was quick to closure. Considering all the folks,shows watchers and book readers, that have hope Snow is not dead or will be undead...en....ed, I will assume he will be back. Not as Coldhands, though.

I assume a scouting party or something will come across the WW/Others and one of the Crows will make it back to tell the others. That would be followed by an 'oh shit... Jon Snow, you knew something..." moment on all their faces.

Best story arc now dead but possible coming back with a twist. Dany's arc will be boring. Tyrion in Mereen is now the best thing going. Zombie Mountain....not sure it will be enough to wash away my boredom of Cersei....unless both go on epic rampages and burn Kings Landing to the ground.

I hope for death by Giant or zombie parents comes to Ollie/Olly.

Maybe I'll read the books now...I've had them for a couple of years.
      06-25-2015, 12:58 PM   #147
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Check out this "Smoking Hott Exotic Honey" to be cast as a Red Queen in D+Season 6!

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/s/did-gam...163305878.html

Many Game of Thrones fans have probably seen the terrifying end of season 5 by now and are anxiously waiting to see what’s coming next year. Many questions have to be answered in the next season, especially about You Know Who having been You Know What “for the Watch.” While a purported audition for season 6 that made its way online doesn’t answer that question, it still offers some insight into what might happen in the upcoming new season.

According to Game of Thrones fan site Watchers on the Wall, English actress Tehmina Sunny has been auditioning for the role of a red priestess named Kinvara. The audition was posted on Vimeo and transcribed before being taken down.

In the video, the priestess visits Tyrion and Varys in Meereen, and the two men seek her support in winning over the people, as everyone waits for Daenerys to return.

You can read part of the transcript from the leaked Game of Thrones season 6 audition below, with the full chat between Kinvara, Tyrion and Varys available at the source link.

Unfortunately, none of it is about Jon Snow.
Quote:
Kinvara: “Everything is the Lord’s will. Men and women make mistakes … even honest servants of the Lord.”

Varys: “And you? An honest servant of the Lord? Why should I trust you any more than the priestess who counseled Stannis?”

Tyrion: “My friend has a healthy skepticism of religion, but we’re all loyal supporters of the Queen.”

Kinvara: “Everyone is what they are and where they are for a reason. Terrible things happen for a reason. Take what happened to you, Lord [Varys], when you were a child. If not for the mutilation by the second-rate sorcerer, you would not be here, helping the Lord’s Chosen bring light into this world. Knowledge has made you very powerful … but there is still so much you don’t know. Do you remember what you heard, the night the sorcerer tossed your parts into the flames? Should I tell you what the voice said? Should I tell you the name of the one who spoke or where it lives?”

*Kinvara laughs. Clearly, she has successfully unsettled Varys*

Kinvara: “We serve the same queen. If you are a true friend, you have nothing to fear from me.”