BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-01-2020, 08:07 AM   #67
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerDimmer6 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with Oviedo area ?
Yes - what specific questions do you have? Not what I would call rural - with UCF being right there. If you are trying to stay in the Orlando metro area and be properly out in the country - look at Bithlo. Terrible reputation for being white trash, but there are some nice areas if you dig. Other options that way would be Chuluota or Christmas.

Going north - check out Cassadaga - very ecletic little town.
Yes, you're right! I looked up most of the demographics online and we took a ride out there and it seemed like a decent area. It did seem more secluded in the Zillow add, but honestly didn't feel that suburban. We kind of liked it!

We have friends who live out in Windermere which isn't too far from there and is very nice, but a little overpriced relative to what I can get more East.

Bithlo is a hell no! And Chuluota fits the bill. Definitely country and some decent private schools not too far away.

Still looking everyday, but believe it or not, a lot of the stuff we like gets sold above asking. Call me crazy, but I'm not very keen on the idea of getting into a bidding war in the middle of a recession. I'll wait another year if I have to, but I refuse to overpay right now.

And thank you!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:
Is anyone familiar with Oviedo area ?
Yes - what specific questions do you have? Not what I would call rural - with UCF being right there. If you are trying to stay in the Orlando metro area and be properly out in the country - look at Bithlo. Terrible reputation for being white trash, but there are some nice areas if you dig. Other options that way would be Chuluota or Christmas.

Going north - check out Cassadaga - very ecletic little town.
Yes, you're right! I looked up most of the demographics online and we took a ride out there and it seemed like a decent area. It did seem more secluded in the Zillow add, but honestly didn't feel that suburban. We kind of liked it!

We have friends who live out in Windermere which isn't too far from there and is very nice, but a little overpriced relative to what I can get more East.

Bithlo is a hell no! And Chuluota fits the bill. Definitely country and some decent private schools not too far away.

Still looking everyday, but believe it or not, a lot of the stuff we like gets sold above asking. Call me crazy, but I'm not very keen on the idea of getting into a bidding war in the middle of a recession. I'll wait another year if I have to, but I refuse to overpay right now.

And thank you!

Look into Howie in the Hills, Sorrento, Mt Dora as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1