BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

07-11-2017, 08:53 AM   #50491
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
is it friday?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #50492
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

If you're back to future, maybe there

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:17 PM   #50493
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
She clearly never tried to drive at highway speeds before she bought the car. I was driving home last night and only eventually realized that despite my best efforts to speed, I was doing 55.

Another friend was excited about a recent car purchase as well, and I applauded him for his choice of a BMW. Until I found out it was a 320. That being said, that car is kind of hilariously fun to drive due to sheer lack of power. It's my same strategy with the Patriot. Keep driving as if I'm still in a fun car, and let's see just how much horrendous tire squeal and near death experiences we can have!
Yeah, a buddy of mine in university had an old 320 (I think), but it was like a 1981 320i, so picture the very square, all metal models (also manual, so I applaud him for that).

Thing was also sort of fun for the same reason. Though one time, after he and his dad had changed the wheels over, they forgot to tighten one of the wheels. He made it a good 300kms I would say on his way back to uni, before he took a corner and the wheel came completely off. Rather unsettling apparently - seeing your wheel rocket away from the car. So we took to calling the car Tripod after that.

The only time I was kinda nervous was coming back with him to the house we were renting after he got a bad test result, he was pretty upset so he was driving at about 9/10ths, and given Tripod's penchant for losing a wheel, having the diff drop out, and other things, I was a little worried about it being able to hold up to 9/10ths driving.

But otherwise, it was pretty fun to just bomb around in. He spent so much time just keeping it running though. He was actually pretty good from a mechanical point of view.

He learned fairly early on not to trust me though when it came to mechanical matters and use his own judgement instead. Mostly, this came after I assured him that the fuel injectors in my car were in fact my ignition coils instead and asked him for some help removing them as they were very difficult to remove. So we took turns reefing on them, and as I bent down to get a different wrench, he met with great success in that one came loose.

Unfortunately, that meant it completely depressurized the fuel system in a way it was not meant to be depressurized and a bunch of somewhat warm fuel hit him in the eyes. That was not a good scene...had to walk him into the bathroom to wash out his eyes and call an ambulance. He was fine in the end, just got some saline solution, but could have been worse.

He was much more careful in the future about trusting anything I said, so I feel he gained something valuable from the whole experience.
I started laughing out loud at the "ignition coils." Remind me never to ask you about ANYTHING mechanical. I actually think of you occasionally when I'm shifting and remember your duck duck goose story... ahh, the joys we have with our fuckups.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7926.00
      07-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #50494
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Fire.

So, after sipping my 40, I'm out back with the little clay smokestack burning bills. Sitting there as the twisted papers burn down to just a beautiful glowing pile of coals, thinking what a wonderful creature fire is. Then, over the top of the roofs, reflecting in the clouds from about a mile away, I see the torch of the local oil well burning off the volatiles winking in the night at me, appreciating me appreciating it's lovely power.

I'm worse than ATF. . .
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:08 AM   #50495
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

So I smoked a hookah (?) last weekend that my brother got from Iraq. First time trying that. Interesting experience, but so much work goes into it that I can't see myself every purchasing one. I felt pretty multicultural, having that giant hookah sitting on a table in an otherwise pretty much all white neighbourhood lol.

I will say though, the flavoured tobacco (grape variety) smelled pretty amazing.

I'll stick to cigars.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 11:18 AM   #50496
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
So I smoked a hookah (?) last weekend that my brother got from Iraq. First time trying that. Interesting experience, but so much work goes into it that I can't see myself every purchasing one. I felt pretty like shit, having that giant hookah sitting on a table in an otherwise pretty much all Roman neighbourhood lol.

I will say though, the Roman SPOR flavoured tobacco (grape variety) smelled pretty amazing.

I'll stick to cigars.
Honestly I didn't knew Caesar smoked ?
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2017, 11:21 AM   #50497
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
So I smoked a hookah (?) last weekend that my brother got from Iraq. First time trying that. Interesting experience, but so much work goes into it that I can't see myself every purchasing one. I felt pretty multicultural, having that giant hookah sitting on a table in an otherwise pretty much all white neighbourhood lol.

I will say though, the flavoured tobacco (grape variety) smelled pretty amazing.

I'll stick to cigars.
I have one that I smoke at the apartment every now and then. You can buy them all over, think it was like $30, lemon (the best) *Nargile (Nar-Gee-leh), and a roll of coals.

There's good flavors, and some that are especially terrible. Lemon is light, but it seems like blueberry and strawberry were pretty bold. It also depends on if you use one coal, two coals, and/or wind screen.

Old stomping grounds had a very prominent middle Eastern presence, so anytime we'd go to someones house, surely the fully gowned, long silver beard, turban sporting elders were in the garage passing the nargile. It was weird at first, but they didn't talk much anyways so just kind of turned into a typical thing.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:26 PM   #50498
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Honestly I didn't knew Caesar smoked ?
Well, now you do!

I smoke cigars.

My direct ancestor just smoked AmBi's ass though. #nohomo

Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:32 PM   #50499
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
I have one that I smoke at the apartment every now and then. You can buy them all over, think it was like $30, lemon (the best) *Nargile (Nar-Gee-leh), and a roll of coals.

There's good flavors, and some that are especially terrible. Lemon is light, but it seems like blueberry and strawberry were pretty bold. It also depends on if you use one coal, two coals, and/or wind screen.

Old stomping grounds had a very prominent middle Eastern presence, so anytime we'd go to someones house, surely the fully gowned, long silver beard, turban sporting elders were in the garage passing the nargile. It was weird at first, but they didn't talk much anyways so just kind of turned into a typical thing.
Yeah, I will say it was light in that I never felt like an ashtray after, so that was nice. Just a lot of work filling the glass with ice cubes, fluffing the tobacco (shut up), connecting the hoses, letting the coal burn off the impurities first, etc.

What I did appreciate was that there was obviously work that goes into crafting these things - some are quite ornate.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:42 PM   #50500
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I will say it was light in that I never felt like an ashtray after, so that was nice. Just a lot of work filling the glass with ice cubes, fluffing the tobacco (shut up), connecting the hoses, letting the coal burn off the impurities first, etc.

What I did appreciate was that there was obviously work that goes into crafting these things - some are quite ornate.
I like lemon for that reason, and Newports for the latter reason (although I'm down to maybe 3 smokes a day trying to quit).

It does take work, but it's nice that it's an easy social thing to pull out and if anyone wants a puff they can, and if not no big deal. And like you said, it doesn't stink like an ashtray and smells similar to a vape, so it's not all that bad.

Some people go to extensive reaches, as far as having gold paint, jewels, extravagant hoses, wind screens, etc. That's the culture though, it's the regular white people like me buying the cheap $30 set for random use.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:43 PM   #50501
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Well, now you do!

I smoke cigars.

My direct ancestor just smoked AmBi's ass though. #nohomo

Caesar like usual you sound suspicious !
And I don't believe your #

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 02:55 PM   #50502
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My parents still have the hooka "souvenirs" they bought on the way home from Pakistan/Peace Corps. I still remember the day my younger brother tried to use the pristine bowl in one, and the rash of trouble "WE" go into for it.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 07:26 PM   #50503
NFiftyWon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 328 X-Drive

When life gives you lemons, make cancer
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 05:49 AM   #50504
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

That steak with a little bit of char will give you cancer. The preservatives in your McDonalds cheeseburger will give you cancer.

We're gonna die one day anyways, might as well enjoy yourself.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 10:31 AM   #50505
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

Quote:
That steak with a little bit of char will give you cancer. The preservatives in your McDonalds cheeseburger will give you cancer.

We're gonna die one day anyways, might as well enjoy yourself.
Where the fuck have you been
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 10:51 AM   #50506
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biorin View Post
Where the fuck have you been
Personal leave I suppose. Work has been crazy the past couple weeks so haven't been able to keep up with all the messaging to be honest. Still around though, trying to get gears back in line is all.

Also, happy belated birthday, I don't know why my phone didn't give me a damn notification the other weekend.
Appreciate 1
Biorin2784.50
      07-19-2017, 11:33 AM   #50507
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Also, happy belated birthday, I don't know why my phone didn't give me a damn notification the other weekend.
Probably because this is the seedling start of AI and it wanted a chance to observe and learn from your emotions...shame, anger, etc. So it purposely didn't provide a notification.

I'd blame it on that if I were you. However implausible it may be, it's probably better than saying you didn't care enough to remember...
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:08 PM   #50508
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Probably because this is the seedling start of AI and it wanted a chance to observe and learn from your emotions...shame, anger, etc. So it purposely didn't provide a notification.

I'd blame it on that if I were you. However implausible it may be, it's probably better than saying you didn't care enough to remember...
I'd say that's an accurate assessment. I've come to a point in my life where I've realized technology is surpassing my feeble brain and I can barely get an application on my smart phone to work properly.

I'm blaming it Trump and the creator of those shoes that look like feet.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 01:42 PM   #50509
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I'm blaming it Trump and the creator of those shoes that look like feet.
Attaboy - good choice. Trump has broad shoulders...small hands, but broad shoulders. An excellent pick as far as scapegoats go.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 05:44 PM   #50510
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
How can I get 330HP out of my 320i loaner?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 06:20 PM   #50511
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Just watched the SF movie *LIFE*

All I can say is...WOW !

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 03:45 AM   #50512
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
How can I get 330HP out of my 320i loaner?
No one cares about a 3 series car, banned!

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread