BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-30-2022, 07:17 PM   #177
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWILUVU View Post
He has some sort of higher education but I guess he's ignorant on the law or decency. Let him try that on in real life and lets see what happens. Unless he has alot of money or fame like WS, he's immediately going to face the law.
Meanwhile, the Academy said they had asked Will Smith to leave the ceremony after the incident and he refused. What a classy guy.
It's so much worse than that. WS publicist, Rubin (president of the Board) and Hudson (CEO of the academy) had closed door meetings during the Oscars. Promises were not kept during acceptance speech and they were upset with WS apology letter. Rubin was also a very successful casting director, Men in Black was one of his many movies, but even with that history with WS, he's not on Team WS, which is telling. They may just bring the hammer down to set an example this time around. To set the tone that bitchslapping hosts on stage live is a no-no.

Also. Sag-aftra conducting their own investigation. Academy throwing WS under the bus is also a telling sign. They generally stick up for and take care of their own.
Appreciate 1
BMWILUVU825.50
      03-30-2022, 07:50 PM   #178
Tyga11
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 Comp

Jada clearly ruined Will Smith. It's sad to see him like this. And by Jada 'ruined him' I'm suggesting that his confidence is shot for some reason and he has accountability for that as well.

He's literally a shell of himself and I have a feeling his career is going to be over soon.
Appreciate 2
shoei7777.00
jjasonSU194.00
      03-31-2022, 12:15 AM   #179
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

For ppl who still think it's real, cmon guys.

Proves yet again how the masses are so easily manipulated, many ppl aren't even talking about the slap, just assuming it's real w/o any analysis or critical thinking, and only discussing the ramifications.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 03-31-2022 at 12:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:38 AM   #180
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post

Proves yet again how the masses are so easily manipulated, many ppl aren't even talking about the slap, just assuming it's real w/o any analysis or critical thinking, and only discussing the ramifications.
I have no words as you sit there and insult people because … you watched a YouTube video?

Your superiority complex is because you get fed a bunch of videos that are going to align with your views based upon a computer algorithm and you're going to suggest that again, you're some superior intellect and we're all sheep / peons because… A suggested YouTube video?

Let me have some of what you're having. Cuz it must be some good shit.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:42 AM   #181
jjasonSU
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 650i, NSX

Quote:
Always going to be a conspiracy theorist….
Anyway, like mentioned earlier…That woman has will shot. He's not right. Should have been left her. That slap was a build up of frustration and embarrassment.
I agree Rock should be checked for the continued jokes about his wife, but not like that
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:43 AM   #182
Madeley Wolf
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i G20

Garage List
2022 BMW M240  [10.00]
what if

Can you imagine what he would have done to Ricky Gervais
Appreciate 1
bobowar1353462.00
      03-31-2022, 12:48 AM   #183
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
I have no words as you sit there and insult people because … you watched a YouTube video?

Your superiority complex is because you get fed a bunch of videos that are going to align with your views based upon a computer algorithm and you're going to suggest that again, you're some superior intellect and we're all sheep / peons because… A suggested YouTube video?

Holy I didn't expect such reaction. Well, if ppl still refuse to see, can't help ya. Why don't you try to analyze and come to a conclusion instead of just assuming what's been presented to you?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 12:50 AM   #184
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonSU View Post
Anyway, like mentioned earlier…That woman has will shot. He's not right. Should have been left her. That slap was a build up of frustration and embarrassment.
I agree Rock should be checked for the continued jokes about his wife, but not like that
It's not a conspiracy if you think about it and use your eyes. Heck, picture yourself as either man, would you act like them? The things they did are just off and too many things don't add up.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:24 AM   #185
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjasonSU View Post
It's not a conspiracy if you think about it and use your eyes. Heck, picture yourself as either man, would you act like them? The things they did are just off and too many things don't add up.
Or. Or. I mean, I know this is going to sound crazy but, using your idea to think or see, and as I put myself in their shoes as you suggest, I dunno, do you think just maybe there's a possibility that NOBODY in that theater, including Chris Rock, thought Will Smith, whom he's known and worked with since the 90's, was actually going to assault him live on global television? Because there's a history of this occurring at the Oscars? Because Will Smith has a history of randomly walking up to people and bitch slapping them?

I know. It's wild. Totally out there.
Appreciate 1
jjasonSU194.00
      03-31-2022, 01:26 AM   #186
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Holy I didn't expect such reaction. Well, if ppl still refuse to see, can't help ya. Why don't you try to analyze and come to a conclusion instead of just assuming what's been presented to you?
The question still stands. YouTube algorithm is what gives you superiority complex?

Responding in shock and trying to turn it around on me by suggesting - "my goodness, such a reaction" and then skipping over the question that you really should take a second and ponder yourself, kinda demonstrates how close minded your are and having a conversation with you is futile. You just want to spew insults and act superior. Your mind is made up.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 01:51 AM   #187
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The question still stands. YouTube algorithm is what gives you superiority complex?

Responding in shock and trying to turn it around on me by suggesting - "my goodness, such a reaction" and then skipping over the question that you really should take a second and ponder yourself, kinda demonstrates how close minded your are and having a conversation with you is futile. You just want to spew insults and act superior. Your mind is made up.
Insults/superiority complex haha ok lol, I guess you're a sheeple then by your own admission.

Lest you forget, while I was thinking out loud way back on the first page, I readily admitted that I was duped at first too, but then I thought some things didn't make sense and gave my evidence, whereas you didn't even bother to acknowledge anything, so it's ironic you tell me I'm close-minded??

Did you even watch the video? You can try to rebut it and I'd listen, e.g. if you tell me Chris always confronts hecklers by folding his arms behind and sticking out his face to his left, cool! If you tell me Will always attacks unruly fans by squaring up to them and cocking his right hand at a 90 degree angle to give just a single slap to said fan making a weird THUD noise and then runs back to his getaway car and yells some expletives while scooting away, yup, I'm gonna listen to that too and be swayed by your evidence. 😁

It's sad but true, ppl rather be fooled than be told that they were fooled, and that's the real reason you're so offended. WAY too much ego. Loosen up dude.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:16 AM   #188
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Insults/superiority complex haha ok lol, I guess you're a sheeple then by your own admission.

Lest you forget, while I was thinking out loud way back on the first page, I readily admitted that I was duped at first too, but then I thought some things didn't make sense and gave my evidence, whereas you didn't even bother to acknowledge anything, so it's ironic you tell me I'm close-minded??

Did you even watch the video? You can try to rebut it and I'd listen, e.g. if you tell me Chris always confronts hecklers by folding his arms behind and sticking out his face to his left, cool! If you tell me Will always attacks unruly fans by squaring up to them and cocking his right hand at a 90 degree angle to give just a single slap to said fan making a weird THUD noise and then runs back to his getaway car and yells some expletives while scooting away, yup, I'm gonna listen to that too and be swayed by your evidence. 😁

It's sad but true, ppl rather be fooled than be told that they were fooled, and that's the real reason you're so offended. WAY too much ego. Loosen up dude.
A simple yes would've sufficed but thank you for that delightful read.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:26 AM   #189
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep

Quote:
A simple yes would've sufficed but thank you for that delightful read.
Yes to what? You need to stop assuming and just think things through more.

Glad you enjoyed my post.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:29 AM   #190
bobowar135
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08' Sedona Red 135i

Nine pages of this loll! That's funny , haha.... oh no, the wifes not happy, I'd better stop laughing. Kudos to Chris Rock for keeping things real.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 02:57 AM   #191
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Why don't you try to analyze and come to a conclusion instead of just assuming what's been presented to you?
Well, if you insist.

CR put his hands behind his back and stuck his head forward before WS probably got up. I haven't watched the show, but wasn't it his "main stance" during it? It looks like that. He seemed to look at and address someone else ignoring WS's appearance just because it wasn't supposed to happen, he kept working.

WS smiled because he liked how it had gone and thought he was looking good. Like a man, or something. Had it been staged he wouldn't have "slipped up", such a mature actor.

CR didn't convert it into a fight being professional and not wanting to ruin the show. Nor did WS lose his mind and forget where he was. He wanted to insult/"punish" CR physically, not to cause a damage to him.

Unlike your "analysis" video based on assumptions, where the slap was real but light, with fingers only and the victim went down on his own, WS' slap was hefty, almost throwing CR off balance (he had to take a step to compensate). And it was a full hand contact (on the jaw/neck so no mark on the face, you asked before).

It's not easy to stage a fight, they say. Even with qualified actors involved. It takes many takes. Just for example: John Saxon talks on making "Enter the Dragon". Or a "The Big Boss" blunder when Bruce Lee avoids a move long before it happens (he wasn't a big star then and couldn't demand making it properly). This also must be why they barely show a single move completely these days, slicing fights into accelerated sequences of "flashes".

So my conclusion is it looked convincing. Will Smith has some fighting skills. Chris Rock took the slap fair and square (no defence!). Well done, if staged!
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 04:18 AM   #192
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I think that it may have been staged, from Rock's side for some reason, Rock didn't seem at all shocked and he looks strong and tough.. 'wow' he said holding his hands at the back, I don't know I guess it's just Hollywood so beyond normal reasoning oh I forgot about the I Robot.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 08:58 AM   #193
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
4:10 in the video "Will Smith had just won an Oscar..." Wrong.

He won the Oscar 40 minutes later and delivered his emotionally erratic acceptance speech.

This whole video bases every claim on people not acting "naturally." That's it? That's the proof? People do unnatural shit all the time when they are in unnatural situations.
Appreciate 1
      03-31-2022, 09:01 AM   #194
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
I think that it may have been staged, from Rock's side for some reason, Rock didn't seem at all shocked and he looks strong and tough.. 'wow' he said holding his hands at the back, I don't know I guess it's just Hollywood so beyond normal reasoning oh I forgot about the I Robot.
The dude got slapped. He didnt get punched. He didnt get knifed. He got slapped and by the time his brain processed what just happened, Smith was 1/2 way back to his seat and the danger was clearly over. Not really a big deal. I'm not at all surprised in how Rock reacted. He took a moment to process it, realized he was not in any real danger, and did what he does; cracked a joke about it.
Appreciate 3
minn1914520.00
      03-31-2022, 09:49 AM   #195
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
if it was "staged" why would any actor risk of getting banned from Oscar or getting stripped if they won . Winning an Oscar is like winning Super Bowl or World Series to any actor.
Will Smith screwed up big time, yelling and cursing while its was live on TV and the slap... he might have to return his trophy.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2022, 09:53 AM   #196
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 24 6MT M2, 22 PFinder, 24 Truk

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
The dude got slapped. He didnt get punched. He didnt get knifed. He got slapped and by the time his brain processed what just happened, Smith was 1/2 way back to his seat and the danger was clearly over. Not really a big deal. I'm not at all surprised in how Rock reacted. He took a moment to process it, realized he was not in any real danger, and did what he does; cracked a joke about it.
Of all the shit going on in the world I can’t believe this has this many pages with no end in sight. Especially by people here who historically claim that they don’t give a shit about celebrities/can’t stand them. It’s funny this thread has turned into TMZ.

People claiming celebrity privilege are also somewhat wrong. I’ve lost count of the times I’ve seen an altercation at a bar and they get told to knock it off or take it outside, no cops called and everyone just moved on with their lives. If they do get arrested often times they don’t even spend a night in jail and rarely get any kind of real punishment if it even makes it to court.

Will effed up, lost his cool, slapped him in probably the worst place possible (live tv/premiere awards show etc). Rock took it as well as he good both physically and mentally. Maybe both learned something from it. By the way, both are profiting from it. Rocks ticket sales are through the roof and whatever podcast/show the Smith’s do is also getting a ton more interest.

I guess I’m in the minority that doesn’t think it’s that big of a deal. Aside from where it was at, it’s just a simple case of people behaving badly.
Appreciate 2
      03-31-2022, 10:38 AM   #197
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

You don't attend your industries annual awards show, slap a presenter, shout and swear and then later on get a standing ovation and the "Salesman Of The Year" award.

You get thrown out and probably a final warning or the sack..

Clearly what happened at the Oscars proves that Hollywood thinks it's OK to do this stuff and they have a history of enabling and covering up bad behaviour and they're still doing it.

This isn't a drunken tussle at a bar on a Friday night, context is everything.
M5Rick66575.50
KRS_SN14223.00
      03-31-2022, 10:43 AM   #198
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

And more hypocrisy from the hollywood elite-

https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/31/acade...ap-chris-rock/