BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-22-2024, 08:56 AM   #155
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillip View Post
Checo can't afford to fail too often in the remainder of the season in order to keep his Red Bull seat for the next season.
The Mexican kit-kat government bought his RB20 seat for the remainder of this season .

It would be a true shame for motorsports if RB keeps Checo in 2025 .
Let's say , Checo's situation depends of the sombrero guys in La Ciudad de México...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 09:01 AM   #156
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
RUS (actually) won SPA , but as you know he was DQF.
So , I think the W15 and RUS was outstanding and better than LEW.
RUS won SPA with just 1 (one)! pit . How RUS managed his tires was genius !
LEW's win at SPA was an (unintentional) gift from RUS...
I'm going to stop you there. Let's both just be honest with what happened and leave the bias out. Ham won because Rus and Mercedes attempted to cheat him out of the win. Ham was quicker in qualifying AND the race. He wasn't able to do a 1 stop strategy because the team denied his request to do so and then granted it to Rus. Justice prevailed.

Quote:
Yes , RB will completely scrap the RB20 in 2025 . That's what RB Pierre Waché said .
See my post # 148 => https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=148
Mate . Don't be worried RB won't win the constructors because Checo will s@ck continuously (as usual)!
The 2024 constructors is for McLaren , because they have 2 (two)! good drivers and the fastest car on the track.
I don't know why you're saying their good. They are medicore drivers in a car as fast as RB. I'm sure that Sainz beat Norris when they were teammates - which means that Norris (and thus Piastri) is a weaker drivers than Sainz, LeClair, HAM and likely RUS.

https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/co...lando_norriss/

If McLaren wins, it's because Max is not a good enough driver to overcome a slightly quicker car.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 09:05 AM   #157
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post
I'm going to stop you there. Let's both just be honest with what happened and leave the bias out. Ham won because Rus and Mercedes attempted to cheat him out of the win. Ham was quicker in qualifying AND the race. He wasn't able to do a 1 stop strategy because the team denied his request to do so and then granted it to Rus. Justice prevailed.

I don't know why you're saying their good. They are medicore drivers in a car as fast as RB. I'm sure that Sainz beat Norris when they were teammates - which means that Norris (and thus Piastri) is a weaker drivers than Sainz, LeClair, HAM and likely RUS.

If McLaren wins, it's because Max is not a good enough driver to overcome a slightly quicker car.
Some other gems from this comparison - Sainz losing to Hulk and being destroyed by Danny Ric.
Max is losing out to a guys who are slower than Ric and Yuki.
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 09:56 AM   #158
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

I don't know why you're saying their good They are medicore drivers in a car as fast as RB. I'm sure that Sainz beat Norris when they were teammates - which means that Norris (and thus Piastri) is a weaker drivers than Sainz, LeClair, HAM and likely RUS.

Because McLaren has 2 drivers who can finish a race without crashing or hitting a wall.

No , McLaren has 2 drivers who can score points in the constructors.
Red Bull has just one driver (MAX)! to score points .

What ? MAX is not good enough ? Are you kidding ?
Last year MAX won the 2023 constructors on his own...
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 08-22-2024 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 10:13 AM   #159
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Because McLaren has 2 drivers who can finish a race without crashing or hitting a wall.

No , McLaren has 2 drivers who can score points in the constructors.
Red Bull has just one driver (MAX)! to score points .

What ? MAX is not good enough ? Are you kidding ?
Last year MAX won the 2023 constructors on his own...
Yeah, and HAM has 7 (8) titles. Max has lost 3-4 races with a car that is just as fast as the McLarens. If he's so great as a driver, why is he losing to an equal car and a driver who is slower than Sainz?

It's a simple question.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 10:35 AM   #160
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Yeah, and HAM has 7 (8) titles. Max has lost 3-4 races with a car that is just as fast as the McLarens. If he's so great as a driver, why is he losing to an equal car and a driver who is slower than Sainz?

It's a simple question.
Because nothing is stagnant. All of this talk assumes that driver skill never changes, when it clearly does, both in younger drivers getting better until they peak, and then older drivers declining after the peak.

Norris was in his rookie and second season while Sainz was in his 5th and 6th season when they were on the same team. Somehow you think Norris' skill level hasn't improved? Or that they were on the exact same trajectory?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 11:12 AM   #161
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Because nothing is stagnant. All of this talk assumes that driver skill never changes, when it clearly does, both in younger drivers getting better until they peak, and then older drivers declining after the peak.

Norris was in his rookie and second season while Sainz was in his 5th and 6th season when they were on the same team. Somehow you think Norris' skill level hasn't improved? Or that they were on the exact same trajectory?
Yeah, I actually do. I've seen nothing that suggests that he's suddenly a better driver.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 11:28 AM   #162
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I actually do. I've seen nothing that suggests that he's suddenly a better driver.
cool cool.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2024, 11:30 AM   #163
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

It's a simple question.
It was not the subject how many titles LEW won . And LEW's 2008 title was like I got a monster fly in my soup.
What happened in 2008 with Felipe Massa ?
The history of ‘Crashgate’ => https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/537...estone-f1-fia/
Massa is seeking declarations that the FIA breached its regulations by failing to promptly investigate Nelson Piquet Junior's crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, and that had it acted properly, Massa would have won the Drivers' Championship that year,” the statement read.11 mrt 2024
So , LEW won 6 titles (properly)!

And you know very well that the RB20 setup really s@cks in this 2024 season ..
But MAX will win his 4th world title in a row in the 3rd fastest car on the track.

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 11:34 AM   #164
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
It was not the subject how many titles LEW won . And LEW's 2008 title was like I got a monster fly in my soup.
What happened in 2008 with Felipe Massa ?
The history of ‘Crashgate’ => https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/537...estone-f1-fia/
Massa is seeking declarations that the FIA breached its regulations by failing to promptly investigate Nelson Piquet Junior's crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, and that had it acted properly, Massa would have won the Drivers' Championship that year,” the statement read.11 mrt 2024
So , LEW won 6 titles (properly)!

And you know very well that the RB20 setup really s@cks in this 2024 season ..
But MAX will win his 4th world title in a row in the 3rd fastest car on the track.
3rd fastest car based on what? Isn't it on par with McLaren, which are both quicker than Mercedes?

So if he's losing to Lewis and Russell in a podium achieving car, how is Max a substantially better driver than anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 11:35 AM   #165
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
cool cool.
I agree. Lando is overrated and barey measured up to midfielder Carlos Sainz, and now he's on par with Max despite Max supposedly being a better driver.

I don't know how Lando is supposed to get better by racing against his lesser teamate who has been his shadow his whole career so far.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 11:47 AM   #166
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree. Lando is overrated and barey measured up to midfielder Carlos Sainz, and now he's on par with Max despite Max supposedly being a better driver.

I don't know how Lando is supposed to get better by racing against his lesser teamate who has been his shadow his whole career so far.
If my sarcasm wasn't clear, let me just clarify, I do not agree with you.

Lando is in his 6th year racing in F1. He's sitting P2 in the driver championship. Max is in his 11th year. Sainz in his 10th year. Faster car since Miami blah blah. Doesn't matter, it takes a skilled driver to drive said faster car. Would someone be better in his seat? Maybe but they're not.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2024, 11:50 AM   #167
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Ferrari rip up wind tunnel floor during summer shut down:
- Formula 1 returns to Zandvoort this weekend after a month-long summer break, during which Scuderia Ferrari took the opportunity to renovate their wind tunnel in Maranello ahead of Lewis Hamilton's arrival in 2025.
- Ferrari made the most of the summer shutdown by upgrading the floor of their wind tunnel, which had previously been made of metal. The new floor is built from innovative materials and includes an advanced roller system. The new roller allows the tyres to rotate at the same speed as the air moving through the tunnel, addressing an issue with the old metal roller, which caused excessive wear on Pirelli's tyres.
- The upgrade will enable Ferrari to gather more data from their wind tunnel tests, as the new roller is expected to preserve their limited supply of ten tyre sets for testing. The new floor also provides Ferrari the flexibility to experiment more with the ride height of the SF-24 and future cars, something that was previously limited by the old roller, which could be damaged if the ride height was set too low.
- Ferrari started the 2024 season with victories in Australia and Monaco but have struggled since introducing upgrades in Barcelona. Since Charles Leclerc's win at his home race in Monaco, the team has managed only one podium finish, with Carlos Sainz taking third place in Austria.
VIA: [gpblog]
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
AmuroRay2850.00
dfox1073.00
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 12:03 PM   #168
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

AmuroRay You sure do have some pretty funny (borderline delusional) takes. But they do make for entertaining reading, so keep at it!
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2024, 12:20 PM   #169
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Lando is in his 6th year racing in F1. He's sitting P2 in the driver championship. Max is in his 11th year. Sainz in his 10th year. Faster car since Miami blah blah. Doesn't matter, it takes a skilled driver to drive said faster car. Would someone be better in his seat? Maybe but they're not.
Ok, but that doesn't address anything I said.
Lando lost to Sainz, and Sainz was mediocre his whole career. Did he suddenly get slower than Lando because Ferrari isn't on the podium?

Is Lando and Oscar "faster" than Hamilton because they are second/fourth in WDC - or is there nuance to this?

Lando has been irrelevant until this year when his car was just as fast as Max. There is literally nothing you can point to on a skill level that proves Lando just suddenly "improved" We all agree these guys are professionals, but there isn't anything here showing that Lando suddenly just outskilled Carlos and the rest of the grid.

You guys are full of hot takes, but flatout ignore what's in front of your face.

Explain how Max is "the best" yet he can't even match a medicore midfield driver in equal machinery.
Explain how Lando "Got Better" when the last 2 years he was getting DEMOLISHED by Perez, who is barely average.

Just admit it's all Car, and we can move on.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2024, 12:55 PM   #170
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Lando lost to Sainz, and Sainz was mediocre his whole career. Did he suddenly get slower than Lando because Ferrari isn't on the podium?

Is Lando and Oscar "faster" than Hamilton because they are second/fourth in WDC - or is there nuance to this?

Lando has been irrelevant until this year when his car was just as fast as Max. There is literally nothing you can point to on a skill level that proves Lando just suddenly "improved" We all agree these guys are professionals, but there isn't anything here showing that Lando suddenly just outskilled Carlos and the rest of the grid.

You guys are full of hot takes, but flatout ignore what's in front of your face.

Explain how Max is "the best" yet he can't even match a medicore midfield driver in equal machinery.
Explain how Lando "Got Better" when the last 2 years he was getting DEMOLISHED by Perez, who is barely average.

Yeah . Just like LEW's cheating party mode (!)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 01:03 PM   #171
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

A correction is required here ..

MAX is in his 10th F1 year . MAX made his F1 debut in 2015. MAX was 17 YO in 2015.

Appreciate 2
dfox1073.00
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #172
3798j
Fleet Mechanic
Rep
Drives: E86 3.0si

Garage List
'19 VW Golf R  [10.00]
'55 Ford F100  [0.00]
'08 Z4 3.0SI  [8.50]
'66 Triumph TR4A  [0.00]
'85 Corvette  [0.00]
'64 Corvette  [0.00]
'68 Triumph GT6  [9.50]
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-22-2024, 02:33 PM   #173
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

2020, Lando had 97 points and Carlos had 105. That's not a huge gap when we're comparing a 2nd and 6th year driver...

Car makes a huge difference. There is no denying it, and I'm not arguing that it isn't. But saying Lando is overrated because he lost to Sainz when they were at much different part of their careers seems silly to me.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2024, 03:04 PM   #174
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
How will he survive
A new Zandvoort weather update :

Saturday (QF-Day) it can rain and it can rain a lot (!)
The weather models are showing 20 + mm of rain ..
The Zandvoort organisation has said ,a QF with 20 mm of rain is highly questionable (!)

Sunday (Race) should be dry...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 03:18 PM   #175
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      08-22-2024, 04:29 PM   #176
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
A new Zandvoort weather update :

Saturday (QF-Day) it can rain and it can rain a lot (!)
The weather models are showing 20 + mm of rain ..
The Zandvoort organisation has said ,a QF with 20 mm of rain is highly questionable (!)

Sunday (Race) should be dry...
If it's such a washout then they can use speedboats
Appreciate 1