BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

View Poll Results: Block all muslims from getting access to the US?
yes 53 45.69%
no 63 54.31%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

12-09-2015, 06:04 PM   #111
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

How does one "find" the extremists or those who may become "radicalized"?

Does the government give all immigrants a long lengthy personality test to see if subtle things can trigger radical ideals from coming to the surface?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 06:05 PM   #112
imserious
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrena View Post
I know a guys' stepfather who is STILL traumatized from the camp. he hates government and doesn't trust them.
My neighbor is a Japanese American who was also a US Marine putting his life on the line for America. As a result of FDR's policy, they took away everything he had, sent him to an internment camp and treated him like the enemy. He will never forgive the United States...
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #113
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by David70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer View Post
My plan is to tell Muslim countries to take an active and lead role in destroying ISIS and any organizations like ISIS. If the do not then use the oil fields as the push the need to get into the fight. Pakistan harbored Bin Laden while US personal died looking for him.
Quote:
About 13% of Muslims live in Indonesia, the largest Muslim-majority country, 25% in South Asia, 20% in the Middle East, and 15% in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Americans like to believe that all of the Muslims are in the Middle East but reality it it is a small percentage of the total. Trying to start a war with every country that doesn't do what we want or the ones that don't like us will be a losing proposition.

I would be interested in you explaining to Indonesia (Southeast Asia) that they need to take up the fight against ISIS or we will start bombing them, starting wars based on religion.
I'm not talking about going war. I'm talking about air strikes. But the main goal is to get Muslims to join our side of the war on terror. Muslims are always quick to point out that the terrorists are a small radical faction, but it's time the Muslim people especially the leaders publicly disavow the radicals. And American Muslims need to prove they care about this country as much as they care about their religious beliefs.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #114
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep
Drives: 23 CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Why don't we worry about ourselves and our country instead of everyone else as the current genius does?
US citizens have been asking this same question since the Spanish American War.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...nterventionism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish–American_War

Just like muslim communities who stop following their constitution (Quran) the U.S. has politicians who fail to follow it's constitution. When we stick our nose in their business we get it broken and vice versa.

Last edited by Bx Tpr; 12-09-2015 at 06:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 06:45 PM   #115
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
I am curious how we are to screen refugees to ensure they have good backgrounds, not tied to terrorism and terrorists from the region etc., when there is no background to check?

I mean honestly, who here can tell me the process and ensure that some dude from Syria couldn't just, oh I don't know, LIE THROUGH HIS TEETH to get here? Just saying...

I'd much rather allow the interpreters that have been aiding the US military for the past 14 or so years an opportunity to come over. Many of them have fought against these radical terrorists side by side with us, some have died, and yet we still deny them to come over here and make lives in the country they have helped fight a war with...
      12-09-2015, 06:51 PM   #116
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm not talking about going war. I'm talking about air strikes. But the main goal is to get Muslims to join our side of the war on terror. Muslims are always quick to point out that the terrorists are a small radical faction, but it's time the Muslim people especially the leaders publicly disavow the radicals. And American Muslims need to prove they care about this country as much as they care about their religious beliefs.
They do. Over and over and over again yet the media is nowhere to be found. How many times have you seen the media interview or do stories on American Muslims that are in the military? Who've been deployed to the sandbox. Writing this nation a blank check just so they can come back and watch it's media demonize them on a daily basis.

Every mosque in this country is opened for ANYONE (regular citizens and our 'great' future leaders) to walk in and ask questions. In private or in front of cameras and nobody does. It's easier for most people in this country to turn the channel to faux or the clinton news network and get their daily dose of misinformation and fear mongering than to find a local mosque and get their information from those dang Mozlems. It's more beneficial for a politician to make a stupid foolish statement for ratings than to give it's citizens TRUTH.

The amount of information from brilliant American islamic scholars that's on the web is astounding. If anyone wants links or names please PM me. I'll be more than happy to help.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 07:18 PM   #117
Bingobimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: e90 n54

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr
Quote:
They do. Over and over and over again yet the media is nowhere to be found. How many times have you seen the media interview or do stories on American Muslims that are in the military? Who've been deployed to the sandbox. Writing this nation a blank check just so they can come back and watch it's media demonize them on a daily basis.

Every mosque in this country is opened for ANYONE (regular citizens and our 'great' future leaders) to walk in and ask questions. In private or in front of cameras and nobody does. It's easier for most people in this country to turn the channel to faux or the clinton news network and get their daily dose of misinformation and fear mongering than to find a local mosque and get their information from those dang Mozlems. It's more beneficial for a politician to make a stupid foolish statement for ratings than to give it's citizens TRUTH.

The amount of information from brilliant American islamic scholars that's on the web is astounding. If anyone wants links or names please PM me. I'll be more than happy to help.
I fully understand that the media tries to show all Muslims as radical terrorist, but I also feel that if I was a leader in the Muslim community I would feel compelled to stand up and denounce the terrorists.

2011 e92 335iSSSS Black
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #118
Needbmwpartzz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i x-drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingobimmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bx Tpr
Quote:

I fully understand that the media tries to show all Muslims as radical terrorist, but I also feel that if I was a leader in the Muslim community I would feel compelled to stand up and denounce the terrorists.
They probably are but its not loud enough to quiet the terrorist pizzazz that's playing.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 08:17 AM   #119
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/california-mus...062245604.html

Quote:
Hussam Ayloush, executive director of the Los Angeles chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), said its members "unequivocally condemn the horrific act that happened today."

"The Muslim community stands shoulder to shoulder with our fellow Americans in repudiating any twisted mindset that would claim to justify such sickening acts of violence," he added in a statement.
http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articl...bought-legally

Quote:
Muslims gathering at one of Southern California's largest mosques have denounced Wednesday's massacre, which occurred only about two dozen miles away.

About 200 people met at the mosque in Chino on Thursday night for a prayer vigil and to send a message that Ahsan Khan described as "love for all, hatred for none."

Khan and other leaders of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community described the shooting that killed 14 people in San Bernardino as deplorable and horrific.

Leaders also said they didn't know Syed Farook, who was killed along with his wife in a gun battle with police.

Group spokesman Amjad Mahmood Khan cautioned that no one yet knows the motives of the killers and can't presume it was faith-driven.

But he said he said the "radicalization of Muslim youth is a problem."
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...208-story.html

Quote:
Qazi started small, hoping to raise $20,000 through his health nonprofit. But Islamic scholars and leaders urged him to broaden the effort – especially after it was revealed that the assailants were Muslims -- and the campaign quickly became the most successful crowd-funding venture Muslim Americans have ever launched for the broader community.

In just four days, the Muslims United for San Bernardino campaign has raised more than $100,000 from more than 1,000 donors across the country, including in Florida, Michigan, Ohio and Tennessee. The money will be disbursed through San Bernardino County and the United Way to assist victims’ families with funeral expenses and other needs, Qazi said
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #120
ycb
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Sedan

I find it difficult being in Canada and watching what our American brothers are going through.. but it's pretty simple to see the issues.. it's a lot larger than just immigrants.

Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #121
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

That's all fine and dandy but a bake sale and calling radical Muslim youths "a problem" is like taking a water gun into a forest fire.
      12-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #122
csu87
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi

We can still let them in, but they are only allowed to watch the reality shows on E!.

They will leave within 2 days, and probably hate the people in them much more than the rest of the world.

Kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
Appreciate 2
      12-10-2015, 09:10 AM   #123
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
That's all fine and dandy but a bake sale and calling radical Muslim youths "a problem" is like taking a water gun into a forest fire.
Ah, what would you have them do then?

That's really a rhetorical question as I know that no matter what they do, it won't be enough. You already don't trust any of them.

BRB, going to berate our Muslim developers in the office and tell them to leave the office and go fight ISIS.
Appreciate 1
      12-10-2015, 09:11 AM   #124
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by csu87 View Post
We can still let them in, but they are only allowed to watch the reality shows on E!.

They will leave within 2 days, and probably hate the people in them much more than the rest of the world.

That or put them all in Detroit.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 09:33 AM   #125
canukgtp
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3

Quote:

That's sorta the strategy we're using in Canada...bring them in Jan/Feb and after a blizzard or 2 they'll leave on their own hahaha...

Joking aside, I don't think helping people who are suffering through something we can't even imagine is a bad thing...just has to be done in an intelligent way.

The problem with getting real information about the situation is that their is no money to be made in the truth...so the media will keep everybody in a frenzy, the arms manufacturers want us scared to buy more guns and a certain number of politicians want a free hand to spend as much as possible on the military, which may or may not help us.

No easy solution that's for sure...we're in for many years of crazy stuff I believe.
2011 E90 335xi (lease up)
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 09:35 AM   #126
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
That close to Dearborn? Are they Sunnis or Sheiites? Will they get along? Will Michigan become the new middle east?

Edit: Sorry, that was uncalled for, i'm just in a pissy mood.
      12-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #127
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ah, what would you have them do then?

That's really a rhetorical question as I know that no matter what they do, it won't be enough. You already don't trust any of them.

BRB, going to berate our Muslim developers in the office and tell them to leave the office and go fight ISIS.
Well, first off, don't assume you know me. Example to your incorrect assumption.
I made up and took a loaded thanksgiving care plate to one of the nicest people I know when I had a break during the family affair.
He runs a convenience store I frequent and is an Iranian Muslim.
I pointed out the tamale dressing and that it was pork tamales. I saw him days later and he said it was so delicious as did his wife. He ate it out of respect to me for being thoughtful he said. Being it was his favorite along with my homemade pecan pie slice out of the 9 different items was kind of cool.
I'm a great cook...what can I say.

We talk for long periods when we both can and if he wants to kill me he hides it very well.

I didn't vote here because I just don't know. Again, what Trump said was for shock value and the remaining portions of his remark were not DISPLAYED everywhere.
He said "until we get our hands and minds around the roots" basically.
Ban all Muslims period is what we got instead.
He should have thought before opening his mouth but he doesn't know how to do that.
      12-10-2015, 09:39 AM   #128
Bx Tpr
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:

You'd probably do Michigan a favor lol
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 09:53 AM   #129
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Well, first off, don't assume you know me. Example to your incorrect assumption.
I made up and took a loaded thanksgiving care plate to one of the nicest people I know when I had a break during the family affair.
He runs a convenience store I frequent and is an Iranian Muslim.
I pointed out the tamale dressing and that it was pork tamales. I saw him days later and he said it was so delicious as did his wife. He ate it out of respect to me for being thoughtful he said. Being it was his favorite along with my homemade pecan pie slice out of the 9 different items was kind of cool.
I'm a great cook...what can I say.

We talk for long periods when we both can and if he wants to kill me he hides it very well.

I didn't vote here because I just don't know. Again, what Trump said was for shock value and the remaining portions of his remark were not DISPLAYED everywhere.
He said "until we get our hands and minds around the roots" basically.
Ban all Muslims period is what we got instead.
He should have thought before opening his mouth but he doesn't know how to do that.
He doesn't have to think before he talks. Election cycles are so long these days, you just need shock value to stay relevant and that's exactly what he's doing. All press is good press.

On the other end of the spectrum is Jeb Bush, who's burned through $60mm and hasn't done shit in the polls. People say that money rules politics but that's only half the story.

PS - really awesome gesture you did by the way. People are too selfish these days and only think of themselves first so very generous gesture on your part. Things like that convince people like me that maybe people still have some fucking decency and kindness left in them.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #130
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

^
If I was unable to be kind to people and animals I'd probably just end myself.

Don't let my chiding on obama ruin you're online opinion of me lol.
      12-10-2015, 10:28 AM   #131
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

This is a bit extreme, but how about I throw it out there just to get the wheels turning.

How about if you want to immigrate, you have to have two citizens vouch for you. If the person they vouch for winds up becoming a terrorist....uhhhh....I don't know...some kind of punishment. Prison. A 100% fine. Banishment. Something like that.

Perhaps mosques whose members commit terrorism could also be held responsible in some way. They'd probably really drive home how important it is to be peaceful at that point, and be very careful who they admit.

People will suddenly be very careful who they vouch for, and keep a close eye on them.

Obviously, this is poorly thought out. There are human rights issues, but they'd enter into this arrangement voluntarily. My intent is to make individuals culpable and to do the personal background checks the government can't do.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2015, 11:00 AM   #132
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve
This is a bit extreme, but how about I throw it out there just to get the wheels turning.

How about if you want to immigrate, you have to have two citizens vouch for you. If the person they vouch for winds up becoming a terrorist....uhhhh....I don't know...some kind of punishment. Prison. A 100% fine. Banishment. Something like that.

Perhaps mosques whose members commit terrorism could also be held responsible in some way. They'd probably really drive home how important it is to be peaceful at that point, and be very careful who they admit.

People will suddenly be very careful who they vouch for, and keep a close eye on them.

Obviously, this is poorly thought out. There are human rights issues, but they'd enter into this arrangement voluntarily. My intent is to make individuals culpable and to do the personal background checks the government can't do.
This may help a bit but it's difficult to use the threat of punishment against people who are willing to blow themselves up.
Appreciate 1