BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-18-2016, 03:59 AM   #1233
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post
Yeah, I was born and raised in Rainer Beach.

RW= Class

Cam = no class.
Yeah, this matters in terms of who I have to root for now that the Hawks are out. If I were betting money, I'd probably go Panthers for the SB. But... I'd sure like someone to wipe that smirk off Cam's face. Same for the Pats so.... Think I'm rooting for Arizona next weekend.
AZ is the easy choice.

When you think about who you'd like to see a ring most- Cam, Manning, Brady or Fitzgerald- it's an easy call.

Fitzgerald is a class act, and whole heartedly deserves the ring.
      01-18-2016, 04:05 AM   #1234
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:
AZ is the easy choice.

When you think about who you'd like to see a ring most- Cam, Manning, Brady or Fitzgerald- it's an easy call.

Agreed. I could get my head around Denver also if things work out that way for the SB (Denver v Carolina). Pats v Carolina... I don't know, I really don't. Wish for a lightening strike?

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2016, 04:08 AM   #1235
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F83
Quote:
AZ is the easy choice.

Agreed.I could get my head around Denver also if things work out that way for the SB (Denver v Carolina). Pats v Carolina... I don't know, I really don't. Wish for a lightening strike?
Yup!I'd rank AZ>Den>NE>Car

I'm probably still bitter from today...but even I can't deny the greatness of Tom Brady this particular season.

He's literally made gold out of potatoes.

If it came down to Carolina/Pats- I'd have my Hawks gear on. Wishing they could end in a draw. With a slight ounce of favoritism towards NE.
      01-18-2016, 04:11 AM   #1236
F83
Roofless & Ruthless
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY 6MT F83

Garage List
Quote:

I'm probably still bitter from today...but even I can't deny the greatness of Tom Brady this particular season.

If it came down to Carolina/Pats- I'd have my Hawks gear on. Wishing they could end in a draw. With a slight ounce of favoritism towards NE.
Yeah I agree. So here's to rooting for a Denver v AZ Superbowl. That would make next weekend happy for me.

I blame Lups because of reasons.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 04:13 AM   #1237
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F83
Quote:

Yeah I agree. So here's to rooting for a Denver v AZ Superbowl. That would make next weekend happy for me.
I'm so ready for the new season to start already
      01-18-2016, 04:31 AM   #1238
Game
------
Rep
Drives: G80 LCI, G87 (sold)

You guys are clearly still bitter about the loss because in no way shape or form do the Broncos look better than the Panthers right now. Honestly the Broncos are lucky to even be this far. They can thank Burfict for knocking out Brown. With the Patriots having Edleman and Gronk back, and with Peyton's noodle arm, I can't reasonably see how the Broncos can win that game. I do hope I'm wrong though.

As for the Cards-Panthers, should be a good game. I think home field gives them the edge and they take it. I think losing the Honey Badger is going to hurt them.
      01-18-2016, 04:33 AM   #1239
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Game
You guys are clearly still bitter about the loss because in no way shape or form do the Broncos look better than the Panthers right now. Honestly the Broncos are lucky to even be this far. They can thank Burfict for knocking out Brown. With the Patriots having Edleman and Gronk back, and with Peyton's noodle arm, I can't reasonably see how the Broncos can win that game.

As for the Cards-Panthers, should be a good game. I think home field gives them the edge and they take it. That game will likely be decided one huge turnover one way or another.
Did we ever mention anything about the Broncos being keyword "better" than the panthers?

And If anything- the cardinals game against GB showed they can be had.

Just because the Cards may not be as good as the Panthers, doesn't mean they don't have a shot. And it sure as hell doesn't mean we have to root for the panthers.

We were simply stating who we'd like to see win, regardless of records/stats. The only critique we gave were on our own team, not the remaining 4.
      01-18-2016, 04:36 AM   #1240
Game
------
Rep

Quote:
Did we ever mention anything about the Broncos being keyword "better" than the panthers? If anything- the cardinals game against GB showed they can be had.

Just because the Cards may not be as good as the Panthers, doesn't mean they don't have a shot. And it sure as hell doesn't mean we have to root for the panthers.
Yes...unless this rank is just who you wish would win..

Quote:
And nowhere did I say the Cardinals don't have a shot against the Panthers, I'm pretty sure I said just the opposite of that.
      01-18-2016, 04:38 AM   #1241
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Did we ever mention anything about the Broncos being keyword "better" than the panthers? If anything- the cardinals game against GB showed they can be had.

Yes...

Quote:
And nowhere did I say the Cardinals don't have a shot against the Panthers, I'm pretty sure I said just the opposite of that.
That was in talks of who I would like to see win. As in

I'd like Arizona to win> then Denver > then NE > then Carolina. If you read the context of the previous messages- youd see that's what we were clearly discussing, "who we'd like to see win".

Not "who we think are the best out of the 4"
      01-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #1242
Game
------
Rep

You're right, I misread.

Anyways, for me, as long as the Patriots don't win I'm happy. But more so I'll just be rooting for some great/dramatic games this upcoming weekend. These playoffs have been a pretty big disappointment as far as entertainment goes (with the exception of the Cards/Packers game).
      01-18-2016, 04:41 AM   #1243
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Yes...unless this rank is just who you wish would win..

Quote:
If you'd like me to rank who I think are the best of the 4 based off talent- realistic chances of winning it all- I'd go

NE>Carolina>AZ>Den

Just to clear up any confusion.
      01-18-2016, 04:44 AM   #1244
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
You're right, I misread.

Anyways, for me, as long as the Patriots don't win I'm happy. But more so I'll just be rooting for some great/dramatic games this upcoming weekend. These playoffs have been a pretty big disappointment as far as entertainment goes (with the exception of the Cards/Packers game).
That finale was absolutely nuts.

I love/hate the new OT rules. Love em because It's helped Seattle a lot in OT games, but I would have loved to see Aaron Rodgers get a crack at it. Definitely the best game of the weekend
      01-18-2016, 04:46 AM   #1245
Game
------
Rep

See that's the funny thing about the Patriots, I'd actually rank them dead last out of the 4 teams remaining as far as talent goes...but would pick them most likely to win too. But I'm one of those guys that thinks Bill Belichick is the primary reason for the Patriots success.

The Cards, Broncos, and Panthers are loaded with big names and talented playmakers on both sides of the field. Do the Patriots have any big names on defense? Chandler Jones maybe? It just amazes me how much Belichick gets out of his players.
      01-18-2016, 04:51 AM   #1246
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
See that's the funny thing about the Patriots, I'd actually rank them dead last out of the 4 teams remaining as far as talent goes...but would pick them most likely to win too. But I'm one of those guys that thinks Bill Belichick is the primary reason for the Patriots success.

The Cards, Broncos, and Panthers are loaded with big names and talented playmakers on both sides of the field. Do the Patriots have any big names on defense? Chandler Jones maybe? It just amazes me how much Belichick gets out of his players.
All very valid points- but like you mentioned- while the defense is pretty much running on fumes-

It's hard to bet against Bill Belichick and tom Brady.

Plus a healthy Gronk and Edelman? Carolinas secondary is suspect, as is AZ considering they don't have anyone to cover Gronk even if Peterson covered Edelman. So they can definitely get into a shoot out with either team.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were- until they prove otherwise (and not playing the Giants ) I'd have to take NE as they stand.
      01-18-2016, 04:58 AM   #1247
Game
------
Rep

Quote:
All very valid points- but like you mentioned- while the defense is pretty much running on fumes-

It's hard to bet against Bill Belichick and tom Brady.

Plus a healthy Gronk and Edelman? Carolinas secondary is suspect, as is AZ considering they don't have anyone to cover Gronk. So they can definitely get into a shoot out with either team.

I'm not a betting man, but if I were- until they prove otherwise (and not playing the giant) I'd have to take NE as they stand.
Same here, I'd put my money on the Patriots. Another huge advantage they have over the NFC teams is experience. The Panthers/Cardinals rely very heavily on their young guns. The pressure from being in the SB is going to get to some of these young guys. We know Belichick isn't going to let that happen.

And yes, I'm already discounting the Broncos but as long as Peyton has no velocity on his arm, I just don't see it working. Only way I see the Broncos winning is Hillman/Anderson having huge games and the defense forces some unlikely Patriot turnovers.

But this is why we watch, nothing is certain in the NFL.
      01-18-2016, 06:31 AM   #1248
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
It's a litany of things-

O line has been an issue ever since they became contenders in 2012. They need to draft there crucially (first pick they have this year is 26th)

Marshawn Lynch has to go. He's simply not productive anymore, and his cap hit against the salary could be used to either secure Bruce Irvin- keep more key components on th defensive side or use towards a free agent. Plus- when he's throwing the middle finger back at the sidelines when they don't call run plays+he rules himself out of a play off game- it's a cancer.

Jimmy Graham needs to be utilized on two TE plays where he plays more the receiver role, and Luke Willson plays a blocker role. Or hell/ convert him to a wide receiver.

Rawls, lockette, Clark/ all show tremendous promise. This team is built to be successful for years to come. But something has to give.

It's been a few years now that they ALWAYS play from behind. And often times pull off the come back. But that's not good football. Rawls honestly brought that spark we needed, but well- injuries. All teams were plagued by em.

lynch did this?

I agree with your analysis. Oline must be a priority next season. It actually seems we played better w/o okung after he left. But then again we went hurry up, so maybe that alleviated the pass rush.

I also believe we need a huge WR. Someone who has the ability to outjump people. I believe kearse is a free agent too.. while he isn't a pro bowler, he makes plays that is for certain. Interesting to see what they do with him.

This season was such a waste. The offense really came together towards the end, even without key pieces. They simply just cannot come out so slow in the beginning of games. They also overall had a very healthy season defensively. Something that cannot be taken for granted.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 06:47 AM   #1249
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

also why tf is everyone trashing lynch all of a sudden? down 31-0 did everyone expect him to somehow have a 100+ yard game?

i highly doubt lynch is a bad teamate, (which is something i've also heard) nobody from that locker room ever came out and said anything about it, and i'm sure they appreciate his play when healthy. dude just runs people over and doesn't talk to the media.

and if you ask me, his very few runs yesterday (with very poor blocking) he still didn't go down very easily.
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2016, 08:59 AM   #1250
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post

on D the pats have Jamie collins and hightower best lb tandem in the game, McCourty over the top and patrick chung has played his best ball in his entire career, the pats ranked 2nd in sacks in the NFL. Patriots D is legit. Butler is a pro bowler too
      01-18-2016, 09:27 AM   #1251
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]
I would kill to see the commish have to hand TB another trophy after all of the bullshit the NFL(really Roger Goodell) put TB and the patriots through.
Appreciate 2
      01-18-2016, 10:12 AM   #1252
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
I would kill to see the commish have to hand TB another trophy after all of the bullshit the NFL(really Roger Goodell) put TB and the patriots through.

u mean what the patriots put themselves thru
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 10:13 AM   #1253
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Why's everyone hate on Cam? Because he dances?

I don't get it..
Haters Gonna Hate!

The dude is very talented and has been since college! He is IMO "Today's Prototypical QB": Big, Fast, Strong Arm and can win with his legs too.
The guy does alot for his community and ALWAYS gives TD balls to little kids each and every game!
Anyone who gets "Butt-Hurt" over his dances and celebrations is probably stuffy as hell anyway. Even when they kicked the shit out of my Cowboys, I applaud the guy because he's a Baller.

As I've said... Hard to route against Fitzgerald! But other him, I hope Cam wins SB50. Probably will. Doesn't hurt that I stand to win a nice chunk of change if Panthers win.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2016, 11:10 AM   #1254
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

i got in at Pats -120 money line.. up to -162 already.. LOL

i don't see NE losing this game

they better not...
Appreciate 0