BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #67
LookBothWays
Private
Rep
Drives: Tahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
small local government can better serve their people than a big federal goverment 99/100 times. the USA was built on small government and power to the states, and Id much rather have those guys setting taxes than getting a blanket tax from the feds that have to tax based on areas like Cali and NY that have high taxes compared to middle america.
As long as they are working for you and not against you. Two years ago my property tax went up 60% from the year before. When I called the assessor's office one of the girls let it out that hers only went up $15. I eventually got it lowered but after paying a year at the exaggerated level. Our town has always been about the selected ones.

I recently watched Tread on Netflix and can understand how something like this could happen.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #68
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

My last car salesman was a lady. A very well-mannered, attractive lady. And unlike most females today, she wore a very nice dress. It was not at all risque, but just right.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9749.00
      11-12-2021, 10:40 AM   #69
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
My last car salesman was a lady. A very well-mannered, attractive lady. And unlike most females today, she wore a very nice dress. It was not at all risque, but just right.
Yikes, I'm not sure my objective side could remain objective that's why I prefer dealing with males.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:03 PM   #70
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
Yikes, I'm not sure my objective side could remain objective that's why I prefer dealing with males.
Well, I got top dollar on my trade-in, plus an encore delivery.

And BTW, a little off-topic, but why don't most gals wear dresses anymore? I really miss that.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:43 PM   #71
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Well, I got top dollar on my trade-in, plus an encore delivery.

And BTW, a little off-topic, but why don't most gals wear dresses anymore? I really miss that.
Not many have the legs for it these days and with all the sexist this and that. Your description of the classy SA is very rare, one of those things that sadly slowly went away.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 12:54 PM   #72
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookBothWays View Post
Not many have the legs for it these days and with all the sexist this and that. Your description of the classy SA is very rare, one of those things that sadly slowly went away.
Well, I've always appreciated a nicely dressed lady. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 05:18 PM   #73
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
A lot of the problem is the dealers dumbed down the SA role. It used to be that the SA did the numbers, knew the car. Now they have clueless SAs that have to run to the finance guy who hides behind the curtain. I actually had a salesgirl tell me the selling price had nothing to do with the monthly payment because I was negotiating a lease Uhhh, lets see. It’s a simple equation. When she came back with a monthly payment and I told her she was $100 off per month based on the residual and money factor she looked like a doe in headlights. You also have uneducated buyers that only think about monthly payments but don’t understand the calculations.

We here are in the minority. Most buyers are clueless and dealers count on it.

I have been loyal to my dealer and the BMW brand for ease of doing business. I don’t nickel and dime over a few bucks. They make money, it’s a fair price. I’m happy. I’m in and out without nonsense. Years ago, I actually had a salesguy tell me to come back with my husband. When he called me to follow up, I told him I bought a BMW all by myself!
Appreciate 8
JJ 911SC23029.00
________4163.50
vreihen1615619.00
3.0L8950.00
Mosaud19983982.50
Mein11422.00
      11-12-2021, 05:57 PM   #74
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
A lot of the problem is the dealers dumbed down the SA role. It used to be that the SA did the numbers, knew the car. Now they have clueless SAs that have to run to the finance guy who hides behind the curtain. I actually had a salesgirl tell me the selling price had nothing to do with the monthly payment because I was negotiating a lease Uhhh, lets see. It’s a simple equation. When she came back with a monthly payment and I told her she was $100 off per month based on the residual and money factor she looked like a doe in headlights. You also have uneducated buyers that only think about monthly payments but don’t understand the calculations.

We here are in the minority. Most buyers are clueless and dealers count on it.

I have been loyal to my dealer and the BMW brand for ease of doing business. I don’t nickel and dime over a few bucks. They make money, it’s a fair price. I’m happy. I’m in and out without nonsense. Years ago, I actually had a salesguy tell me to come back with my husband. When he called me to follow up, I told him I bought a BMW all by myself!
I liked my BMW SA. Didn't try to sell me over price service. Straight shooter. He even dealt with my crap even after I asked to have my third exhaust put on.
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15856.00
      11-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #75
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I've been looking at replacement cars for my current 340, and it's been nearly impossible to get any of the sales people to return any of my inquires. Kinda crazy if you ask me. I know they are busy (could be or not) but a simple reply would be nice..
      11-15-2021, 02:21 PM   #76
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickGTR View Post
F them all!!!!!
I laughed so hard at this.. got damn
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 02:28 PM   #77
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

The finance manager is the one who always pisses me off.
Like I'm going to just blindly sign every doc he pealed out of the folder and slid in front of me.
Kept saying " you're going to get a copy" each time I tried to take my time to read a doc.
Negro please, fuck this… I started taking pics of EACH DOC before AND AFTER I signed.
Then omg…. The extended warranty pedaling. MF tried to scare me into a warranty on tire service…
I almost walked out.
Then tried to get me on the GAP insurance too. "You have to sign this" when clearly in the literature it said OPTIONAL…. See why I read this? I retorted. $990.00. I got up to walk out, told him I'd be back once he decided to stop shitting me.

He ran after me.. maaam! Maaaam. I went back. He was acting shitty the whole time after.

Sean, if you're reading this, FUCK YOU
Appreciate 4
vreihen1615619.00
________4163.50
Mosaud19983982.50
      11-15-2021, 03:44 PM   #78
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
I've probably bought and leased over 20 cars in my lifetime and have yet to meet a non scum bag sales person
Must be unicorn juice
I haven't purchased that many, but still a few. But I've mostly had good experiences, and I've had two frankly outstanding experiences.

Back in 2012 I test drove a Mustang GT and decided I wanted a very specific set of options. So I called the guy back and said this is EXACTLY what I want you to order. Which was an Oxford White GT, base, with the Track Pack.

I told him to call me back with a price that I won't even bother to shop the other dealers and I'll be down there 15 minutes later with a $1000 deposit check and sign the order sheet. He called me back with a great price and I had my car like 7 weeks later.

When I was still with my ex-wife, she didn't like driving my V8 4Runner Limited since we had sold her car so she could drive it, and I had just picked up a new BRZ.

We purchased her a very lightly used 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with all the options. Is was a dark silver gray and he gave us a great price on it. The Caveat was be bought right after it had been raining really hard. So we left and went to a late lunch and by the time we were done the car was dry.

The paint on both sides had a ton of light scratches. We went back to the dealer, to make it up to us. They ordered her a new 2015 6 Grand Touring, with all the options, and an extra black out package for free. At the same price we paid for the used one.

Probably didn't hurt that was the third car we had purchased from there.

Last edited by OkieSnuffBox; 11-15-2021 at 03:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 03:50 PM   #79
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Like I'm going to just blindly sign every doc he pealed out of the folder and slid in front of me.
Kept saying " you're going to get a copy" each time I tried to take my time to read a doc.
Negro please, fuck this… I started taking pics of EACH DOC before AND AFTER I signed.
Then omg…. The extended warranty pedaling. MF tried to scare me into a warranty on tire service…
I almost walked out.
Then tried to get me on the GAP insurance too. "You have to sign this" when clearly in the literature it said OPTIONAL…. See why I read this? I retorted. $990.00. I got up to walk out, told him I'd be back once he decided to stop shitting me.

He ran after me.. maaam! Maaaam. I went back. He was acting shitty the whole time after.

Hahahaha 10/10
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1220.00
      11-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #80
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikkagtr View Post
I've probably bought and leased over 20 cars in my lifetime and have yet to meet a non scum bag sales person
Must be unicorn juice
I haven't purchased that many, but still a few. But I've mostly had good experiences, and I've had two frankly outstanding experiences.

Back in 2012 I test drove a Mustang GT and decided I wanted a very specific set of options. So I called the guy back and said this is EXACTLY what I want you to order. Which was an Oxford White GT, base, with the Track Pack.

I told him to call me back with a price that I won't even bother to shop the other dealers and I'll be down there 15 minutes later with a $1000 deposit check and sign the order sheet. He called me back with a great price and I had my car like 7 weeks later.

When I was still with my ex-wife, she didn't like driving my V8 4Runner Limited since we had sold her car so she could drive it, and I had just picked up a new BRZ.

We purchased her a very lightly used 2015 Mazda 6 Grand Touring with all the options. Is was a dark silver gray and he gave us a great price on it. The Caveat was be bought right after it had been raining really hard. So we left and went to a late lunch and by the time we were done the car was dry.

The paint on both sides had a ton of light scratches. We went back to the dealer, to make it up to us. They ordered her a new 2015 6 Grand Touring, with all the options, and an extra black out package for free. At the same price we paid for the used one.

Probably didn't hurt that was the third car we had purchased from there.
You wanted a mustang, that's the problem right there😳😉😝
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615619.00
      11-15-2021, 04:29 PM   #81
maybe_bimmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22 45e

The "instant reply" emails are automated. Infact most of the emails sent by a dealership once you make initial contact (submit a form online) are automated e.g. the followups, checking in blah blah and are mostly unrelated to why you inquired.
Appreciate 2
      11-15-2021, 05:51 PM   #82
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
That was the same gen Mustang that was within 1sec on a 1:30 lap compared to the same year M3.............for half the price.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 05:55 PM   #83
SickGTR
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1000whpGTR/ F-82 YAS

Quote:
Quote:
That was the same gen Mustang that was within 1sec on a 1:30 lap compared to the same year M3.............for half the price.
Who cares. Still a mustang. You see 30-40 a day. 350R, ok. The rest are ass. Just my opinion
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2021, 07:07 PM   #84
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybe_bimmer View Post
The "instant reply" emails are automated. Infact most of the emails sent by a dealership once you make initial contact (submit a form online) are automated e.g. the followups, checking in blah blah and are mostly unrelated to why you inquired.
Yeah, I think they are leading us to AI anything would be better.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #85
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Quote:
Who cares. Still a mustang. You see 30-40 a day. 350R, ok. The rest are ass. Just my opinion
I see WAY more trucks and SUV's where I live then muscle/sports cars.

I don't care if a car is common or not. You see leased BMW's everywhere and the average person doesn't know that YOU bought a special one.

To them it's just another no-turn-signal using prick in an expensive car.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2021, 08:47 AM   #86
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
I see WAY more trucks and SUV's where I live then muscle/sports cars.

I don't care if a car is common or not. You see leased BMW's everywhere and the average person doesn't know that YOU bought a special one.

To them it's just another no-turn-signal using prick in an expensive car.
What?? You don’t take a thorough inventory of all the vehicles in your area and make sure to purchase the least common one? Weird that’s what I solely base my vehicle purchase decisions on.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1615619.00
      11-16-2021, 08:57 AM   #87
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Other than proper car people, no one knows shit. 335, M4? They have no idea. Cayman or 911? No idea, it's Porsche. 2T Mustang or GT350....no idea....mustang.
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2021, 10:51 AM   #88
LookBothWays
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
I almost walked out.

I wanna go car shopping with you someday, damn girl.
Appreciate 0