BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-21-2023, 12:45 PM   #7591
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Sedan, I notice that crim suspects in US are cuffed with their hands behind while over here they are cuffed with the hands at the front.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2023, 05:06 PM   #7592
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Sedan, I notice that crim suspects in US are cuffed with their hands behind while over here they are cuffed with the hands at the front.
An Officer/Deputy puts themselves at a tactical disadvantage by handcuffing suspects' hands in front; they can put up a decent fight when handcuffed in that manner. Additionally, weapons (...e.g..guns) are more prevalent here than they are there, so there is more to consider when engaging criminals. Pregnant women are the only individuals provided exceptions with regards to handcuffing in front.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1619087.50
      04-22-2023, 11:16 AM   #7593
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
An Officer/Deputy puts themselves at a tactical disadvantage by handcuffing suspects' hands in front; they can put up a decent fight when handcuffed in that manner. Additionally, weapons (...e.g..guns) are more prevalent here than they are there, so there is more to consider when engaging criminals. Pregnant women are the only individuals provided exceptions with regards to handcuffing in front.
Ah okay, in that case you just have to watch it if they start kicking out then force would have to be used I guess.
Over here as you probably know police carry just pepper spray and cuffs, beat bobbies I think have telescopic tube batons also (which replaced the wooden truncheons in '94) and these are made of either hardened steel which can do serious damage even kill with a head strike with some others being made of plastic, wood or rubber.
Of course armed police, known as SO18 can be mobilised depending on the situation.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 12:27 PM   #7594
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Ah okay, in that case you just have to watch it if they start kicking out then force would have to be used I guess.
Over here as you probably know police carry just pepper spray and cuffs, beat bobbies I think have telescopic tube batons also (which replaced the wooden truncheons in '94) and these are made of either hardened steel which can do serious damage even kill with a head strike with some others being made of plastic, wood or rubber.
Of course armed police, known as SO18 can be mobilised depending on the situation.
People “slip cuffs” (…e.g….move their arms from the back to the front by contorting their bodies enough to pass their arms to the front) all of the time, especially the skinnier, more flexible criminals.
Appreciate 2
vreihen1619087.50
      04-22-2023, 10:47 PM   #7595
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Who’s doing Ride For The Blue on May 6? Wife agreed to go with me, started polishing chrome tonight
      04-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #7596
HerkHealer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: G30/M550

I'm addicted to watching Police chases on YouTube.
In quite a lot of them, Police who are searching for the suspect are driving well above 100mph with no lights or sirens on, flying by traffic on the highway for several miles. They seem to only turn the lights on once they've caught up to the car.

Is this done so the suspect is not alerted ?
      04-23-2023, 08:14 AM   #7597
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerkHealer View Post
I'm addicted to watching Police chases on YouTube.
In quite a lot of them, Police who are searching for the suspect are driving well above 100mph with no lights or sirens on, flying by traffic on the highway for several miles. They seem to only turn the lights on once they've caught up to the car.

Is this done so the suspect is not alerted ?
There are a number of reasons for this, allows the pursuing officer to close the gap with less chance of letting the suspect know. In my experience other motorists also do stupid things when they see police or other emergency vehicles coming up behind them with lights and sirens. You can often get through some traffic much faster if you keep the emergency equipment turned off especially when traffic is light and after dark.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      04-23-2023, 08:19 AM   #7598
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
People “slip cuffs” (…e.g….move their arms from the back to the front by contorting their bodies enough to pass their arms to the front) all of the time, especially the skinnier, more flexible criminals.
One leg at a time probably.
Appreciate 1
      04-23-2023, 08:23 AM   #7599
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
One leg at a time probably.
You'd be surprised at the number of clients that can slip the cuffs sitting in the back seat of a scout car.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66316.00
vreihen1619087.50
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      04-24-2023, 03:14 AM   #7600
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Who’s doing Ride For The Blue on May 6? Wife agreed to go with me, started polishing chrome tonight
Just to be clear, you're talking about you polishing the chrome on your car, right?
Appreciate 1
Buug95921301.50
      04-24-2023, 07:16 AM   #7601
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Just to be clear, you're talking about you polishing the chrome on your car, right?
Car? No
      04-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #7602
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
His wife is going with him!

I ASSumed motorcycle, since the name made it sound like a motorcycle rally event.....
cmyx6go16580.00
UncleWede18324.00
      05-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #7603
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Special allegations: WTF???

"also admitted a special allegation of Use of a Deadly Weapon, a knife" while pleading guilty to Second degree murder.

So, if you murder someone with anything other than your deadly hands, then it's special? I understand the SA of say, gang related. But how is it special that you "unalived" someone with a weapon?
      05-05-2023, 03:17 PM   #7604
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Special allegations: WTF???

"also admitted a special allegation of Use of a Deadly Weapon, a knife" while pleading guilty to Second degree murder.

So, if you murder someone with anything other than your deadly hands, then it's special? I understand the SA of say, gang related. But how is it special that you "unalived" someone with a weapon?
What case is this?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 04:40 PM   #7605
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What case is this?
I see it all the time in Ventura County. Special allegations on murders almost always include something to tell you HOW they killed the person. This latest case was a guy who got in a fight after a party and stabbed someone 10 times.

As opposed to a recent case here where BF/Mom killed a baby in the hospital shortly after he was born. Since BF just covered the baby's mouth, there were no special allegations related to the weapon.
      05-06-2023, 03:33 PM   #7606
DO444
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340i

How long do you think America in it’s current form will continue under the system of government it has?

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 08:35 PM   #7607
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
How long do you think America in it’s current form will continue under the system of government it has?

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. I think we are barely at the base of the proverbial mountain.
Appreciate 3
DO4441427.00
jmack548.50
      05-06-2023, 08:39 PM   #7608
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It’s going to get worse before it gets better. I think we are barely at the base of the proverbial mountain.
Yup, I agree.
Do you and the majority of the force see a war at home as likely or do you see secession as more likely?

It’s interesting to hear from someone closest to the streets.

Personally, I have no clue what will happen and I’ll put it out there first. I just hope something happens because living in this country with all the dysfunctional BS is awful.

Day to day life is fine right?
But because of all the hatred you just never know when something like what just happens in Allen TX is going to happen again.

All you know is, it will happen again, and again, and again.

I recently had someone tell me that they believed all the things happening in America were due to the civil war never really having been settled.

And that was the most positive thing I’ve really ever heard anyone say. It shows that people are paying attention.

So, war or peaceful secession?

I can’t imagine any scenario where things just magically work out here, but if that’s your take I’d love to hear it.

Thanks for the input and good luck out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 09:12 PM   #7609
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Yup, I agree.
Do you and the majority of the force see a war at home as likely or do you see secession as more likely?

It’s interesting to hear from someone closest to the streets.

Personally, I have no clue what will happen and I’ll put it out there first. I just hope something happens because living in this country with all the dysfunctional BS is awful.

Day to day life is fine right?
But because of all the hatred you just never know when something like what just happens in Allen TX is going to happen again.

All you know is, it will happen again, and again, and again.

I recently had someone tell me that they believed all the things happening in America were due to the civil war never really having been settled.

And that was the most positive thing I’ve really ever heard anyone say. It shows that people are paying attention.

So, war or peaceful secession?

I can’t imagine any scenario where things just magically work out here, but if that’s your take I’d love to hear it.

Thanks for the input and good luck out there.
I think everybody is energized in relation to the values they hold dearest (…or simply by doing what is right in their own mind(s); a biblical reference). That energy has polarized everybody. Look at where we are now……..drag shows for kids, gender transitions on kids, etc. It’s just evil from my vantage point, and the descent is happening on a grand/massive level. In a bubble, the world is operating in a way we recognize, but when you find yourself in front of ugliness, it drives home the reality that people have lost their minds. There is so much dysfunction permeating society. If I had to wager a guess, people would relegate themselves to engaging in civil war before giving up anything to this government.
Appreciate 1
DO4441427.00
      05-06-2023, 09:15 PM   #7610
DO444
Banned
Rep

Thanks for your views.
I’ll read it a few more times and think on it, but yea I basically agree with you.

I’m hoping that the states can eventually organize and just exit this completely useless federal bureaucracy.

It serves no purpose anymore other than to punish and harm.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      05-06-2023, 11:08 PM   #7611
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your views.
I’ll read it a few more times and think on it, but yea I basically agree with you.

I’m hoping that the states can eventually organize and just exit this completely useless federal bureaucracy.

It serves no purpose anymore other than to punish and harm.
The idea of secession is interesting. I’ve been reading more and more accounts of states wanting to secede. To me that is telling. Texas came the closest to pulling it off and California has considered splitting the state in half. There are some inherent issues with secession, but I’m supportive of it.
Appreciate 3
DO4441427.00
      05-07-2023, 01:39 AM   #7612
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The idea of secession is interesting. I’ve been reading more and more accounts of states wanting to secede. To me that is telling. Texas came the closest to pulling it off and California has considered splitting the state in half. There are some inherent issues with secession, but I’m supportive of it.
As crazy as I find the left, and I believe they are hate filled insane immoral psychopaths hell bent on destroying everything good in this world including the planet we live on, including human kind itself… I have no desire to try to control them.

They do not feel the same. They love authority without any consent. They love abusing raw power to ruin anyone’s life that they don’t like the sound or look of.

All I want is to have the freedom to not be controlled by evil psychopaths. I’m hopeful that others come around to that view. I want to see a future that looks positive instead of pointless.

My guess is that should the process to secede take hold in a number of conservative states, the left will be the loudest, angriest voice against secession since they’ll lose their hostages and have to live under their own BS with no one to blame but themselves.

I’d give them 20yrs at best before their entire economy and government completely crumble, if they were on their own.

Imagine what a wonderful world it would be without the left. I’d willingly give away both coasts (and I’ve lived on both) and any number of other states to have autonomy from their destructive insanity. Really, no price would be too high to pay for America to split up, divorce, and end this culture war.

Culture war is a misnomer since millions are dying yearly to it. I have a wonderful life, but I feel the anger, hatred, hopelessness, jealousy, racism, bigotry of low expectations is at a point where it affects everyone. If it were not for the left, I wouldn’t probably even feel the need to own a gun.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26655.00