BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-24-2022, 10:25 PM   #7173
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Beast View Post
Been a while. Maybe 4 years ago ? Before Covid for sure and that shit has had me all screwed up with time frames. Almost like 2 years were just at a stand still in a sense.
As far as Deputy de-escalating, it was 100% the opposite as I described to begin with. HE kept making things worse. You could definitely feel the tension, I'm sure, on both sides.
Thankfully it didn't progress into something else. I am curious though....

...why were you hanging around outside of the station anyway?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 10:37 PM   #7174
E93Beast
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thankfully it didn't progress into something else. I am curious though....

...why were you hanging around outside of the station anyway?
Because I wanted to kick the shit out of a low life cop that deserved it 🙄

But the Deputy did not know that so he was still in the wrong 🤣🤣🤣

Once again, respect me, I respect you. You cross the line, I have ZERO issues crossing the line either. Regardless of the consequences. Too many (not all) cops think they can get away with shit.
I'm old school. Respect is EVERYTHING. Something that many have nk clue what that is anymore. Back in the day, even gangbangers would see an enemy with his girl and baby or his mom and they got a pass....nowadays...it's green light on the enemy and whoever around him. Nothing is the same anymore,but I stick to my roots.
Want respect, give respect.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:07 PM   #7175
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

It was a partial joke. I did go to speak to an officer about something that had transpired earlier that day. I wanted to talk to him face to face, man to man, off duty and no I was not armed.
I know a few officers including the sergeant as I had mentioned before, not all are bad but some definitely have a chip on their shoulder and attitude when they are wearing the badge and uniform.
But thank you for proving my point even further of the mentality of some officers out there.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:08 PM   #7176
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

I will see myself out of this thread now,but many thanks to Sedan Clan for answering all my questions.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      11-24-2022, 11:14 PM   #7177
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
It was a partial joke. I did go to speak to an officer about something that had transpired earlier that day. I wanted to talk to him face to face, man to man, off duty and no I was not armed.
I know a few officers including the sergeant as I had mentioned before, not all are bad but some definitely have a chip on their shoulder and attitude when they are wearing the badge and uniform.
But thank you for proving my point even further of the mentality of some officers out there.
Unfortunately this was largely an unrealistic premise simply because....
  • Most of us are always armed...
  • Even when we're off duty we are still on...
  • Attempting to contact an off-duty Officer/Deputy about something that occurred during the course of his duties on the job never ends well...
  • It would be an example of bad decision making on behalf of the Officer/Deputy to put himself in that position, however good/positive the intention...

Based on what you've stated any contact was a potential recipe for disaster.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2022, 11:50 PM   #7178
E93Beast
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately this was largely an unrealistic premise simply because....
  • Most of us are always armed...
  • Even when we're off duty we are still on...
  • Attempting to contact an off-duty Officer/Deputy about something that occurred during the course of his duties on the job never ends well...
  • It would be an example of bad decision making on behalf of the Officer/Deputy to put himself in that position, however good/positive the intention...

Based on what you've stated any contact was a potential recipe for disaster.
I wasn't going to answer anymore because I do not want to start arguing with onesie over dumb stuff.
But yes, I am well aware of off duty officers being armed.
With what you posted above once again shows a lot of officers mentality. They do think that they are above the law, and Untouchable. As you said things wouldn't end well for who? Obviously the civilian...unless armed as well and then it's a shit show.
I was at a ceremony for an officer who passed. Really good guy. The whole family is in law enforcement. At the ceremony held in L.B., there was mainly L.B. police and L.A.P.D.
The L.B. cops were in a group talkn about the "other" guys on the other side. One cop telln the other, fuck it they know where they at and they know where we from.
Amazing how these guys sounded EXACTLY like gangsters. Then lets not forget the female detective that while sitting down having a drink drops her pistol TWICE. WTF ???
My point is COPS are human, and make MANY mistakes, yet many (not all) act and behave like they are above civilians.
Back to the incident. I spoke to a lieutenant who was in charge and he actually sided with me and even APOLOGIZED regarding the situation. He actually talked to the deputy and I never seen him around after that.
Skipping back to the 6th sense...don't get me started. People, have a sixth sense. Gangbangers, Military, Shool teachers, etc. Not just cops....don't think you are that special (not you Sedan). That was my point once again, that SOME cops think they are all that.....
Sixth sense ? Ulvalde, is only 1 example of this. No need for that extra sense when CLEARLY there was in fact danger. How well did this sixth sense work ? How many died ? COWARDS.
I brought up Dorner the other day. The cops that shot up the truck with mom and daughter in it because they were SHITTING their pants thinking it was Dorner....great "sixth sense" these officers had shooting unarmed civilians AND getting ZERO jail time. IDGAF how scared they were, they should have been locked up, but this is the world we live in.
List goes on and on......as I said, I will see myself out, but Thanks again to Sedan as you seem like a straight up guy. I would not mind running into you one day and shooting the shit.
I have zero issues with cops that are level headed and do not abuse the badge.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2022, 12:08 AM   #7179
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
I wasn't going to answer anymore because I do not want to start arguing with onesie over dumb stuff.
But yes, I am well aware of off duty officers being armed.
With what you posted above once again shows a lot of officers mentality. They do think that they are above the law, and Untouchable.
Let's unpack this bro.........and have a conversation. How does anything I stated in that post allude to being "above the law" and "untouchable"?!?! I don't want to paint with a wide brush, but it seems like you have some animosity that is clouding your rationale.

Quote:
As you said things wouldn't end well for who? Obviously the civilian...unless armed as well and then it's a shit show.
You're making assumptions brotha. The hypothetical situation could end badly for either party.

Quote:
I was at a ceremony for an officer who passed. Really good guy. The whole family is in law enforcement. At the ceremony held in L.B., there was mainly L.B. police and L.A.P.D.
The L.B. cops were in a group talkn about the "other" guys on the other side. One cop telln the other, fuck it they know where they at and they know where we from.
Amazing how these guys sounded EXACTLY like gangsters.

So........are we supposed to live in an alternate reality where we don't recognize there is a line drawn in the sand with the criminals on one side and the law abiding on the other? Do you think for one minute that the guys on the "other side" weren't having a similar conversation/discussion at some point? Suspension of reality is the stuff of fairly tales.

Quote:
My point is COPS are human, and make MANY mistakes, yet many (not all) act and behave like they are above civilians.
...and you base(d) this on what??!? Your personal interactions?!? What you experienced in your past while incarcerated? I mean, at least acknowledge your own biases when it comes to categorizing "the other side". We all have them, and that's fine, but we have to acknowledge them in order to have genuine discourse.

Quote:
Back to the incident. I spoke to a lieutenant who was in charge and he actually sided with me and even APOLOGIZED regarding the situation. He actually talked to the deputy and I never seen him around after that.
As any good Watch Commander would have done. The Officer's/Deputy's behavior was unprofessional. Speaking to the Watch Commander was what you should have done initially instead of hovering around the station periphery, hoping to see that Officer/Deputy and "have a conversation". I'm not saying you weren't within your right to do so, but it didn't paint the best picture.

Quote:

List goes on and on......as I said, I will see myself out, but Thanks again to Sedan as you seem like a straight up guy. I would not mind running into you one day and shooting the shit.
I have zero issues with cops that are level headed and do not abuse the badge.

Ditto bro. My goal is to always attempt to bridge the communication chasm. With conversation comes some level of understanding (...in theory).

Last edited by Sedan_Clan; 11-25-2022 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-25-2022, 07:57 AM   #7180
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Trying to contact an officer about an earlier meeting that you think went wrong is fine IMO. But not waiting outside the station for him to come off duty. Anyone that can't see this is stupid isn't thinking clearly. Go in and ask to have a meeting with him and his superior. THAT would be the proper way to have a candid discussion sans the potential for unexpected aggression.

I can't believe anyone would not see this. Decision making skills need an adjustment as much as that cop needs his approach changed. IMO.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan26655.00
dmatre735.00
nicholasn261.00
      11-25-2022, 06:58 PM   #7181
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Police shooting in York Region, Markham just north of Toronto where I started my career. Plainclothes copper in the P/U Truck in the driveway. The coppers are working the neighbourhood looking for this crew who have done 6 home invasions. They approach the copper in the Truck and stick a gun in his face. This all worked out for the good guys, one client is dead at the scene, one wounded and two more in custody.
Appreciate 4
Sedan_Clan26655.00
Dino GT35064.50
Buug95921298.50
vreihen1619086.50
      11-25-2022, 07:01 PM   #7182
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Police shooting in York Region, Markham just north of Toronto where I started my career. Plainclothes copper in the P/U Truck in the driveway. The coppers are working the neighbourhood looking for this crew who have done 6 home invasions. They approach the copper in the Truck and stick a gun in his face. This all worked out for the good guys, one client is dead at the scene, one wounded and two more in custody.
That is a relief. I'm glad none of the good guys were injured.
Appreciate 2
Dino GT35064.50
      11-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #7183
Fly320s
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.50]
Dirtbag near the front of the car is DRT. Dropped like a sack of shit.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      11-28-2022, 10:23 AM   #7184
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

What I cant get over is the guy who came up toward the end just gets out and starts to rush the car with no situational awareness, and then keeps stepping out into the open so the shitbag in the car has a clear shot on him.

Luckily no good guys got hurt.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 10:55 AM   #7185
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
I'm bald, muscular build, tattoos and I was in jeans and a wife beater as usual. I assume that plays a part BUT.....cops don't like being stereo-typed, neither do civilians.
I support a local PD. I saw them in my hood, outside their jurisdiction. About 3 of our officers, along with the evidence guy, going in and out of a house just down the street. There were also supporting characters from other jurisdictions.

I'm not working, I'm actually riding my custom softtail. As I see my "friends' I pull over, get off my bike (and turn it off, right Sedan_Clan ) and slowly stroll up towards the curb to say hello. One particular sheriff sees me strolling, and she immediately rapidly starts an intercept course, hand on gun.
"Where you going?"
"Whoa, just wanted to say hello to officers <insert names> I support them, I'm the IT manager"
She looks at them, they nod, and I wave and get back on my bike. IF they weren't otherwise occupied, there could have been reason to pull me over for exhibition of speed as I got the heck out of there.

Bald, minimal headgear, leather, jeans, not quite as muscular as once was.

Looking back, they were PROBABLY processing a search warrant on a drug location, and I might have appeared somehow related to the events that transpired. But I was genuinely just stopping to say hello, not cognizant of my attire/vehicle.
      11-30-2022, 05:21 PM   #7186
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
      11-30-2022, 05:22 PM   #7187
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
Sure did! I hope she is successful too.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT4425.00
      11-30-2022, 05:31 PM   #7188
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sure did! I hope she is successful too.
Could open quite the floodgate if she is successful,
Hope she got a pro-bono deal, otherwise the lawyer is taking advantage of an already distressed widow.
      11-30-2022, 05:50 PM   #7189
leopard print
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Really well for an Asian.

Quote:
Him personally? Or is it going to come out of taxpayer money if she wins?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 08:52 PM   #7190
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/D0pZ3bB8VcU

So apparently the latest shitty car trend on the east coast is for cars to split lanes as if they're motorcycles.

Whole channel dedicated to their fuckups on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClE22zdJmuE/
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan26655.00
      11-30-2022, 09:25 PM   #7191
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Quote:
Him personally? Or is it going to come out of taxpayer money if she wins?
Definitely tax payer money.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 12:11 AM   #7192
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [10.00]
2007 BMW 328xi  [9.50]
Question, if you were at a red light late at night, say 11pm> and it doesn't turn. Wait maybe 5-10 minutes. If it's still red and no one is coming can I cross? I'd imagine the "safe" thing to do would be to turn right and detour. Just curious
      12-04-2022, 12:15 AM   #7193
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
Question, if you were at a red light late at night, say 11pm> and it doesn't turn. Wait maybe 5-10 minutes. If it's still red and no one is coming can I cross? I'd imagine the "safe" thing to do would be to turn right and detour. Just curious
I wouldn't even wait 5-10 minutes to be honest. If you're at a light for a few minutes and it doesn't cycle, there's likely an issue with the sensors on the tri-phase signal or the pressure sensors built into the road.
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2022, 03:40 AM   #7194
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Any reason you cops think you can just park each other's cars side by side and BLOCK both lanes or just block multiple lanes when dealing with even the most minor of situations? I mean seriously what is the point of that? To subconsciously let people know "hey I'm the cop and I and my buddies can do whatever we want and your gonna shut up and accept it and thank us for it" and unsurprisingly of course the majority of people do say thank you?
Appreciate 0