F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Good buying choice?
Studio RSR

04-19-2017, 03:59 PM   #45
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly View Post
I'm all on the side of "It's his money, his car" but this is how people get in financial trouble. You started with a 25k budget which will get you a nice 328i, you just have to be patient until a good one comes along. You also mentioned that you did not want a loan, except now you applied for one. You know what's better than 35k at 8%APR? 0k at 0% APR. You don't get to keep your cash but at least you're not OWING money. Believe it or not this will help your credit.

Here's what I'd suggest if you're dead set on getting a nice BMW.

First, find a good car. Get a quote on all the charges including tax, title, license and insurance, haggles the living crap out of the salesman and take it to your local credit union. They will give you a better rate than Capital One, guaranteed. Inform your credit union that you will put down 20k up front, finance the difference for 3 or 4 years and keep the payments low. You'll have enough money left over to mod your car if you want to or to spend that money on emergencies should they arise.

Oh forgot to mention, in the haggling process do not ever mention how much you want to pay a month, they have ways of accommodating it at your cost. Instead let them know what you're willing to pay for the car and don't be afraid to walk away. Leave them your phone information and tell them if they can work out a deal to call you back.
Actually the APR came down to 5.6% when i choose a 4 year term. I Rather put 5k down then pay off the loan within a year or two than putting 20K upfront.

I'll buy the car cash if its around 25K so having the loan is just an option which i probably wont use.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2017, 10:51 PM   #46
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iFreeStylin View Post
Would i be able to have that done somewhere? as i don't want to do it my self even tho i'm capable.
I imagine there are plenty of automotive electronics shops that could do it. Adding cameras is pretty big business these days.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!

04-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #47
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
I imagine there are plenty of automotive electronics shops that could do it. Adding cameras is pretty big business these days.
Cool i'm checking out that car Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 07:54 PM   #48
DaNewGuy
Registered
Rep
Drives: Nothing yet

Smile

Quote:
Agreed, if you guys ever need any recommendations for folks in the Bay Area I am happy to pass along information to everyone. There are a couple folks that I've been going to for years to get things installed (Cameras, Tints, Alarms, etc)
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 11:57 AM   #49
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Cool i'm checking out that car Saturday!
What's the verdict? Is it in your driveway?

04-23-2017, 01:49 PM   #50
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What's the verdict? Is it in your driveway?
Yes! unfortunately i couldn't get to drive it away on Saturday. Can't wait until tomorrow to go pick it up. I am kinda surprised that i get maintenance with the CPO warranty and also an extra year so only thing i'll be paying for is gas until 7/31/2021!
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #51
tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes! unfortunately i couldn't get to drive it away on Saturday. Can't wait until tomorrow to go pick it up. I am kinda surprised that i get maintenance with the CPO warranty and also an extra year so only thing i'll be paying for is gas until 7/31/2021!
Congrats! That blue is really nice. You'll have to get your CA to take a pic of you with your new ride!

Then you can get the windows tinted - 35% all around, www.llumar.com or www.formulaone.com, Pinnacle series, Llumar's ceramic brand.

04-23-2017, 02:32 PM   #52
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! That blue is really nice. You'll have to get your CA to take a pic of you with your new ride!

Then you can get the windows tinted - 35% all around, www.llumar.com or www.formulaone.com, Pinnacle series, Llumar's ceramic brand.
Will definitely be taking pics when I get it. Getting tints is the second thing on my to do list after getting a OEM backup camera.

Thanks for the links. Was wondering what brand tints to go with and now I know! Also 35% all around is perfect.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2017, 06:04 PM   #53
iFreeStylin
Private
United_States
Rep

New thread with pics!

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...4#post21609534
Appreciate 0