BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-05-2020, 08:25 AM   #4907
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
What can brown do for you?

It was uncomfortable, but it's a major reason I do coffee for a first encounter with someone online. I have no issue doing dinner or something else for a first date with someone I have met in person. I also came straight from work, so I had work clothes on (tie) and the bimmer, so she automatically assumed I was a snob which made for interesting convo.
Yeah, this is why I meet for coffee for the meet-and-greet. You just never know what you're in for, conversation-wise. If things are awkward, I don't want to have to sit through a whole meal with the person.

You're also confirming my strategy of revealing very little about my lifestyle - which isn't exactly extravagant - on a meet-and-greet. If I pick up any whiffs of classism or that she resents people who are successful, I can bail without having to be offended directly. On a previous dating cycle on Match, I listed my income. I got a couple of snide comments about it from a couple of women. Seeya! Although, part of me wanted to give them an earful.
      02-05-2020, 08:28 AM   #4908
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
I disagree with this line of thinking. What if said 1 hour date is awesome & you guys don't wanna end it? Do you end it anyway just to set up a new date or continue this date like ya have common sense? Carpe Diem, Always Be Closing, etc.
Always leave em wanting more. There was always a nice sense of anticipation for that real date.

Quote:
Also, what is the allure of a coffee date? I always make it somewhere with booze. Loosen up, folks!
I don't drink, I want to see someone who can function without having to drink, and I don't want to pay for alcohol for someone I don't know.

Quote:
How quickly did they wanna be exclusive?
typically after 2 dates

Quote:
So what activities have you taken up to meet all these unicorns?
I find ways to get involved. Group activities with friends, Salsa dancing, I joined a riding group (bicycles) , I arrange group outings with co-workers. I also find that when you are social and fun, even women who are unavailable will set you up with their friends.

You have to find ways to get out among people.
Appreciate 2
      02-05-2020, 08:35 AM   #4909
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang3r View Post
Thats true, whats the purpose of a very nice cleavage when your butt is twice the width of your shoulders?
I can't fuck a fat girl. I'm scared of heights.
      02-05-2020, 08:43 AM   #4910
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
So how did you leave? I just walk out, fuck em.
I had a friend with car issues.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 08:46 AM   #4911
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My latest beef: women in their mid-50s who still have children at home. WTF? C'mon ladies, pry 'em off the tit. They won't grow up until you do.
      02-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #4912
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
From what I'm reading on here it looks like the men are taking a stand and making a comeback. Women have ruled the online dating scene since it started and it feels like it's completely out of hand. Good on you gents for putting your foots down and not taking this BS just to get a date.....or aka laid in this day and age.

See, this is an issue that I used to run into a lot. I got questioned by women who were invited to my house - A.) You must be married and where is your wife (because I keep a tidy house) B.) Are you gay? (because I'm well kept, clean, well spoken and somewhat intelligent) and C.) Looked down on because financially I'm not in the same place they are.....which is weird how people who are poor look down on people that aren't loaded but aren't poor.

Their insecurities are on them not on me. If I've been able to pull myself out of the gutter multiple times and get back to where I want to be in life, I shouldn't be made to feel bad about it because they haven't been able to do it once yet. I actually told the girl that accused me of being gay that because I have a nice house and it's well decorated, "Just because you live in a shit hole and date uncultured men doesn't mean I'm gay. It simply means you date men with no class due to lack of self esteem on your end." I banged her, aka violated her, as in dominated her ass; smacked her on her ass and sent her on her way. She was calling the next day wanting to suddenly have a fling after being very adamant in the beginning about not being that type of girl. Funny how when they find someone who can put it down right, suddenly their entire prospective on a relationship and what they will accept changes.
It takes some discipline to not take on other peoples' insecurities. I've gotten the "tidy house, are you gay?" comment a few times. It's like they've either a.) dated nothing but troglodytes, or b.) bought into the popular media's portayal of single men as either metrosexuals or neanderthals. I'm just a regular guy who takes care of himself and has some pride in how he looks. If that makes someone insecure, that's on them.
      02-05-2020, 09:22 AM   #4913
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
I had a friend with car issues.
Pu$$y
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 09:23 AM   #4914
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I can't fuck a fat girl. I'm scared of heights.
Liar

I admit it, I have fucked fat chicks. Some are fun. Some have huge titties to play with.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer34102.00
King Rudi13065.50
Dang3r12483.50
      02-05-2020, 09:25 AM   #4915
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
Always leave em wanting more. There was always a nice sense of anticipation for that real date.

I don't drink, I want to see someone who can function without having to drink, and I don't want to pay for alcohol for someone I don't know.

typically after 2 dates

I find ways to get involved. Group activities with friends, Salsa dancing, I joined a riding group (bicycles) , I arrange group outings with co-workers. I also find that when you are social and fun, even women who are unavailable will set you up with their friends.

You have to find ways to get out among people.
I get it, but if there's no anticipation unless you cut it short just to be Mr. Mystery, then there won't be any anyway.

Then don't pay for their drink/food. That's easy & has nothing to do with someone having a drink. So what if they ordered a drink, do you bounce b/c you don't drink?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 09:47 AM   #4916
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Liar

I admit it, I have fucked fat chicks. Some are fun. Some have huge titties to play with.
      02-05-2020, 09:51 AM   #4917
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Liar

I can go as far as "Rubenesque" but that's the end of the line. I imagine my wallet or car keys disappearing into those deep fat creases...and that's the end of my recreational aspirations.
      02-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #4918
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Pu$$y
I told her before I left that it wouldn't work out, I just used the car excuse to leave at that exact moment. I'm not going to just walk out without saying anything. I'm an asshole, but I'm not rude.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 10:27 AM   #4919
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Am I the only one like this?

For me its really hard for someone to grab my attention. I look for multiple things in a person and I feel like the majority of dates I've had, I lose interest in quickly. Over the past 2 years of going on dates, I've had only 2 people actually catch my interest.
Appreciate 4
      02-05-2020, 10:31 AM   #4920
Mason Hatcher
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
I get it, but if there's no anticipation unless you cut it short just to be Mr. Mystery, then there won't be any anyway.

Then don't pay for their drink/food. That's easy & has nothing to do with someone having a drink. So what if they ordered a drink, do you bounce b/c you don't drink?
I have saved myself misery with my one hour rule, and if we dug each other then the next date was happily anticipated

In regards to the alcohol, if you can't make it through one meeting without consuming you are not for me. I don't care if people drink. But I have my terms and not drinking on a first drink is one of mine.

And you are free to ignore my advice, I am not trying to convince you of anything. This works for me.

How is YOUR dating life?
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #4921
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason Hatcher View Post
I have saved myself misery with my one hour rule, and if we dug each other then the next date was happily anticipated

In regards to the alcohol, if you can't make it through one meeting without consuming you are not for me. I don't care if people drink. But I have my terms and not drinking on a first drink is one of mine.

And you are free to ignore my advice, I am not trying to convince you of anything. This works for me.

How is YOUR dating life?
I never said they can't make it through one meeting w/o a drink, easy killer. If the place serves alcohol & they order a drink that's a red flag for you? LOL Maybe you win if it's 12 PM.

No drink AT ALL with you? You must be fun at parties.

I got laid last night. Did YOU?
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:46 AM   #4922
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by downshiftapex View Post
Am I the only one like this?

For me its really hard for someone to grab my attention. I look for multiple things in a person and I feel like the majority of dates I've had, I lose interest in quickly. Over the past 2 years of going on dates, I've had only 2 people actually catch my interest.
I'm there with ya. Too many people these days, men & women, lack social skills, drive, ambition, common sense, depth, manners, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:47 AM   #4923
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
I can go as far as "Rubenesque" but that's the end of the line. I imagine my wallet or car keys disappearing into those deep fat creases...and that's the end of my recreational aspirations.
Well, you have the income & cars to not have to. I drive a fat ass land yacht Dodge so
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2020, 10:54 AM   #4924
downshiftapex
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not fast enough

Quote:
I'm there with ya. Too many people these days, men & women, lack social skills, drive, ambition, common sense, depth, manners, etc.
I'm glad I'm not the only person.

Its amazing to me how many people lack basic common sense, depth, manners, respecting your time, and etc. Nothing annoys me more when someone shows up late to a date. I am always either on time or a couple minutes early.
Appreciate 4
      02-05-2020, 10:56 AM   #4925
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only person.

Its amazing to me how many people lack basic common sense, depth, manners, respecting your time, and etc. Nothing annoys me more when someone shows up late to a date. I am always either on time or a couple minutes early.
I've been known to just leave if they end up being too late
Appreciate 1
      02-05-2020, 11:16 AM   #4926
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've been known to just leave if they end up being too late
Yup, done that. My time is valuable to me; if it's not valuable to her too then we're not a match. If she's more than 10 minutes late I leave. I'll give her another 5 if she at least has the decency to text apologetically, but that's it. In these days of navigation systems on phones and in cars, with real-time traffic data, there's no reason to be late other than because you're rude or a dolt. Or both.

If an hour later she texts me a photo of a fresh cast or a big shiner or speeding ticket, or Skype video calls me from the ER, I might give her another shot.
      02-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #4927
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its amazing to me how many people lack basic common sense, depth, manners, respecting your time, and etc....
That's why they're single. The hard truth of it is that we're sifting through the rejects and losers.
      02-05-2020, 11:24 AM   #4928
pennsiveguy
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Well, you have the income & cars to not have to. I drive a fat ass land yacht Dodge so
I don't buy the idea that I have a better pool to pick from online. They can't pick me for a characteristic that they don't know I have. I don't show pictures of anything I own or places I've traveled to. As far as they know, I'm a postal clerk who drives a 10-year-old Camry.

There's no reason you can't keep that H-cat well stocked with hoes. Drive through a trailer park with the window down. By the time you're to the end of the first aisle, they'll be piled up in there like cordwood.