BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-03-2015, 09:22 AM   #4885
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
then you might want to google Gainsville/Ocala its about 500miles from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and both are extremely rural areas...of course theres going to be nothing but bugs lol, Ocala is nothing but old people period. Sun affects paint color period, more in Miami??? of course because its sunny every single day of the year...
Ok - I own property on the beach in Sarasota (key island to be exact). I am well versed on the effects of both Sun and Salt on everything including, but not limited to cars.

I did not state this issue effected sunny Miami....but it is a state wide issue 2 times of the year. It will only take once to fully understand how bad they can be on a car....

I am also knowledgable of the distance between Okala and Miami....as I either drive or fly past Okala from NC to FL several times a year going to said beach property

Since you have never been exposed to this plight of pests....consider yourself thankful....just don't drive north in the spring or fall.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:24 AM   #4886
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
too sunny!
Hurricanes
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:25 AM   #4887
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
too sunny!
Hurricanes
They are afraid of us lately...
      09-03-2015, 09:26 AM   #4888
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Its been a pretty quiet season
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:30 AM   #4889
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93
Quote:
then you might want to google Gainsville/Ocala its about 500miles from Miami/Ft. Lauderdale and both are extremely rural areas...of course theres going to be nothing but bugs lol, Ocala is nothing but old people period. Sun affects paint color period, more in Miami??? of course because its sunny every single day of the year...
Ok - I own property on the beach in Sarasota (key island to be exact). I am well versed on the effects of both Sun and Salt on everything including, but not limited to cars.

I did not state this issue effected sunny Miami....but it is a state wide issue 2 times of the year. It will only take once to fully understand how bad they can be on a car....

I am also knowledgable of the distance between Okala and Miami....as I either drive or fly past Okala from NC to FL several times a year going to said beach property

Since you have never been exposed to this plight of pests....consider yourself thankful....just don't drive north in the spring or fall.
Not trying to argue with you, but all those areas you are pointing out are in the middle of nowhere...Naples, Sarasota, Gainsville, Ocala...I have friends that live in Ocala, it's literally like driving through a horror movie, nothing but foggy streets
      09-03-2015, 09:31 AM   #4890
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

YOU GUYYYYSSS STOP FIGHTING!!

In the end you're both losers. Why? Cause your guys state is shaped like a penis.

BA DUM CHA!
      09-03-2015, 09:32 AM   #4891
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Its been a pretty quiet season
History is a pretty good guide for hurricanes tho, it's been I think 20 years since Andrew so we are due a huge one anytime soon
      09-03-2015, 09:33 AM   #4892
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls
Quote:
Quote:

In the end you're both losers. Why? Cause your guys state is shaped like a penis.

BA DUM CHA!
Nah man Florida is shaped like a gun lol
      09-03-2015, 09:38 AM   #4893
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SugarSkulls View Post

BA DUM CHA!
We're not fighting....we're having a typical Florida conversation.....

And I completely agree....with exception to Orlando....the middle of FL is not where you'd want to live....unless you are on the beach

Anywhere on the beach in FL is NICE!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:41 AM   #4894
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
History is a pretty good guide for hurricanes tho, it's been I think 20 years since Andrew so we are due a huge one anytime soon
Well I hope you never get it. Im sure you've had your fair share of experiences.

My second hurricane ever was Katrina in 2005. I lived New Orleans and we did not evacuate.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:44 AM   #4895
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Ugh. Tired.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #4896
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Well I hope you never get it. Im sure you've had your fair share of experiences.

My second Hurricane ever was Katrina in 2005. I lived New Orleans and we did not evacuate.
Yup that was New Orleans Andrews... Wow that must of been awful!! I can't lie I do enjoy tropical storms and small hurricanes because it's a nice thrill and the city comes together, however even the smallest tropical storms can cause a lot of damage to the less fortunate people whose houses or establishments simply can't handle those weather conditions.
      09-03-2015, 09:47 AM   #4897
Mr.SugarSkulls
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW i8

Garage List
2016 BMW F13 M6  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Ugh. Tired.
How about some tickets to the gun show to wake ya up!!
Attached Images

09-03-2015, 09:57 AM   #4898
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
So everything is white ?
Cuban.

Quote:
People love to hate on Miami...and will find the silliest things to point out....anyways 84 degrees and sunny this morning as usual...feel free to hate on that
doesn't it rain almost every morning?

i think it's in the 70's and sunny w/no humidity where i'm at so i have a lil room to "hate".

although, last week was in the 90's so that was a bit much for a week.
      09-03-2015, 10:34 AM   #4899
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Got to work in sunny/68, with high expected to be 74. I took a long walk on that short pier yesterday on my lunch 1/2 hour.

Funny, one of the female officers saw me walking shirtless, pulled into a shopping center I was approaching, and hid in a doorway. The probie she was training didn't understand and came strolling around the corner to where her trainer was hiding, so I was let in on the ruse. When the officer started talking to me, I turned, put my hands behind my back, and started yelling "Ah, MAN. Why you guys always hassling me, I didn't DO anything."
I got to work on my tactical awareness, she shouldn't have been able to get the drop on me like that!!!
Appreciate 1
      09-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #4900
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yup that was New Orleans Andrews... Wow that must of been awful!! I can't lie I do enjoy tropical storms and small hurricanes because it's a nice thrill and the city comes together, however even the smallest tropical storms can cause a lot of damage to the less fortunate people whose houses or establishments simply can't handle those weather conditions.
I know what you mean. Man eating MRE's for a month and using only wet wipes to shower...God I'll never forget that rough time. I remember thinking over and over in my mind "It feels like this is movie" like its not real. This doesnt happen in America. It looked like a third world country. My youngest horse was born in 2004. I have so many photos of her playing in the pastures and out and about and when I look at those photos its hard to imagine what everything looked like before the storm. All the trees were completely wiped out and a lot of structures too. Im so used to how things look now that when I see a photo of her as a filly in 2004 I cant believe that I cant remember all the trees and such being there. Its crazy. One storm did that much damage in such a short amount of time. I remember Katrina making landfall about 6 am, we lost power and water at about 730am on August 29 and power came back in January. .....JANUARY.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 10:51 AM   #4901
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Too high.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #4902
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Belgium Philippe. It's your turn for your interview. Je peux t'aider avec ton anglais.
Appreciate 2
      09-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #4903
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Ugh. Tired.
Why were you keeping vampire hours then?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 11:14 AM   #4904
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5driver
Quote:
Ugh. Tired.
Why were you keeping vampire hours then?
Wide awake from the gym. Hey are you willing to be interviewed?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #4905
C5driver
Major
Rep
Drives: 55...just kidding.

Quote:
Belgium Philippe. It's your turn for your interview. Je peux t'aider avec ton anglais.
Yes!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 11:15 AM   #4906
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
at least someone on here is willing to show their damn tits!

you sir, get an "appreciate".