BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

03-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #48665
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
Traction Control off... you're doing it right.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
It's awd, so...
Yeah, being 5000 pounds and 4wd it's a bit superfluous. I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice it stepping in, but it does it more than i care. Except for being off road or in the wet, there really isn't a need for DSC; even with all that power. Though, it would smoke up some tires if you were able to fully defeat the traction control.
      03-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #48666
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Quote:
When temps get in the 40's in Florida, they all complain about how cold it is, bunch of sissies. Lol
I love the cold weather. Gonna be a bit chilly tonight on the bike, but i love it.

I do have a hypothesis as to why everyone looses their shit when temps drop below 50. I think it's because no one here looks at the weather forecast. They just roll out of bed and assume it's going to be 75 and sunny and leave the house accordingly in shorts and flip flops. Everyone I've seen today is dressed the same as they were on Monday when it was almost 80. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvergray545 View Post
I'm going to figure out a way to e-shank you.
This is why i posted it.
That's basically my life. I just roll out of bed and hope the weather is going to be nice. Only time I really look at the weather is if I want to drive the roadster. There's no point in driving that car when you have to have the top up.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:25 AM   #48667
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Yeah, being 5000 pounds and 4wd it's a bit superfluous. I'm sure most people wouldn't even notice it stepping in, but it does it more than i care. Except for being off road or in the wet, there really isn't a need for DSC; even with all that power. Though, it would smoke up some tires if you were able to fully defeat the traction control.
That instrument cluster is really nice, looks like an Audi.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:26 AM   #48668
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Dont forget the glory hole thing
Dakota Fred had also a glory hole in gold rush ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2017, 09:29 AM   #48669
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's nice and clean. When you're not shifting manually, the center section displays music and navigation info. It changes color when not in dynamic mode and the speedo goes away to display suspension info when the transfer case is in low gear.

Most of it useless, but fun and nicely designed.
      03-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #48670
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Yeah, it's nice and clean. When you're not shifting manually, the center section displays music and navigation info. It changes color when not in dynamic mode and the speedo goes away to display suspension info when the transfer case is in low gear.

Most of it useless, but fun and nicely designed.
Have you taken it off roading? I was pretty amazed at what they were capable of (not just trail off roading, but real obstacles). I was in the 500 hp Range Rover - suspect same as yours, just crawling through the bush and rocks. Funny at the time having all that power and you use maybe 2/5ths of it.

But it wasn't as fast in a straight line as I hoped. Still fun though.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:38 AM   #48671
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
That's basically my life. I just roll out of bed and hope the weather is going to be nice. Only time I really look at the weather is if I want to drive the roadster. There's no point in driving that car when you have to have the top up.
50% of me stayed home yesterday because I didn't feel well.
The other 50% looked out the window and realized I would have had to scrape the windows on the car..., fuck that noise.

I feel your pain though, the weather can suck nuts until it's riding season, no use looking at it until it warms up.
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #48672
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
The other 50% looked out the window and realized I would have had to scrape the windows on the car..., fuck that noise.

I feel your pain though, the weather can suck nuts until it's riding season, no use looking at it until it warms up.

Dont you keep the Scag in the garage?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:47 AM   #48673
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Dont you keep the Scag in the garage?
Nope. I live in an apartment and park it outside with the rest of the plebs.

Might be able to afford a garage if I could find someone to sell this bridge to.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #48674
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
It's from a Range .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 09:56 AM   #48675
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Have you taken it off roading? I was pretty amazed at what they were capable of (not just trail off roading, but real obstacles). I was in the 500 hp Range Rover - suspect same as yours, just crawling through the bush and rocks. Funny at the time having all that power and you use maybe 2/5ths of it.

Of course. I picked it up on a Monday and the following Saturday drove to Colorado and spent a week traversing the high alpine loops and passes. Fantastic trip! There is a thread on here somewhere... Edit: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016875 EDIT: You made the 10th post in that thread!! lol

Not sure what you're expecting in terms of speed but for a 5000 pounds it's pretty impressive. Faster than an E46 M3 comp in 0-60 and 1/4mile. A few tenths for each time at that. 4.4sec 0-60 12.8sec 1/4 mile is respectable for most vehicles, no? It surprises a hell of a lot of people on the road.

That motor is so detuned that a simple ECU flash and pulley adds 110hp and 100tq. That really livens it up! A while back someone who uses his RRS to tow is drag car to the strip put that tune and pulley on the RRS and did a few runs. He posted a time slip showing 11.3 in the 1/4 mile.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 03-15-2017 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:05 AM   #48676
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

These last couple days have been the worst we've had this winter. Hopefully this shit goes away soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:06 AM   #48677
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope. I live in an apartment and park it outside with the rest of the plebs.

Might be able to afford a garage if I could find someone to sell this bridge to.

You're a hot chick, it shouldn't be too bad finding a sucker.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #48678
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Of course. I picked it up on a Monday and the following Saturday drove to Colorado and spent a week traversing the high alpine loops and passes. Fantastic trip! There is a thread on here somewhere... Edit: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016875 EDIT: You made the 10th post in that thread!! lol

Not sure what you're expecting in terms of speed but for a 5000 pounds it's pretty impressive. Faster than an E46 M3 comp in 0-60 and 1/4mile. A few tenths for each time at that. 4.4sec 0-60 12.8sec 1/4 mile is respectable for most vehicles, no? It surprises a hell of a lot of people on the road.

That motor is so detuned that a simple ECU flash and pulley adds 110hp and 100tq. That really livens it up! A while back someone who uses his RRS to tow is drag car to the strip put that tune and pulley on the RRS and did a few runs. He posted a time slip showing 11.3 in the 1/4 mile.
[IMG]http://s205.photobucket.com/componen...ckinshifty.gif[/IMG]
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      03-15-2017, 10:13 AM   #48679
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
You're a hot chick, it shouldn't be too bad finding a sucker.
I mean, my standards aren't that bad right? Has to have a 800+ credit score, come from a wealthy family, tall, dark, handsome, and a douchey personality hits nicely as well.

Someone on here must know these types of dudes that'd want to buy a bridge?
Appreciate 1
      03-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #48680
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I'm guessing ketchup is supposed to represent blood then? But I wasn't sure - it may have been something sexual since a lot of your posts seem geared that way. That's why I asked.

Anyways - I noted with great interest you said the Romans took the Eburon women back as slaves. I recall you saying your test showed Eburon DNA, but now I wonder....

Is it at all possible that the Romans fathered children with said women and that you are also an indirect descendant of the Romans? Perhaps even Caesar himself? I mean...you never know right...

Hail Caesar!
Like usual some escaped , rumors say Ambiorix too . And that's why I have the pure DNA match .

Hail Caesar ? Fuck you !!!
And watch your ass Canada because I shoot your ass in pieces of shit !
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:18 AM   #48681
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I expect more!!! More!

No, but despite the paper claims and everything else, I suppose I just expected more of a shove in the seat IRL when I drove it. It is fast for its size, but I suppose I just went in with too high of an expectation. Also extremely expensive too, but you aren't buying it for speed as the first priority I suppose, so I discounted that in my mind.

Still love the look of them, but we are getting rid of the LR2 because the dealer is too far away. Wife is stepping into a Murano platinum edition now so we can save some money.
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6057.00
      03-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #48682
Joekerr
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Like usual some escaped , rumors say Ambiorix too . And that's why I have the pure DNA match .

lol. Face it - you like having me on these forums - keeps it interesting for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:25 AM   #48683
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post

Eat a snickers
Appreciate 2
Mr Tonka6057.00
bimmette6432.50
      03-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #48684
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I expect more!!! More!

No, but despite the paper claims and everything else, I suppose I just expected more of a shove in the seat IRL when I drove it. It is fast for its size, but I suppose I just went in with too high of an expectation. Also extremely expensive too, but you aren't buying it for speed as the first priority I suppose, so I discounted that in my mind.

Still love the look of them, but we are getting rid of the LR2 because the dealer is too far away. Wife is stepping into a Murano platinum edition now so we can save some money.
Idk, people tent to shit a brick when i stand on it from a stop. It seems to be most unexpected by most. Keep in mind that mine is a Sport, not the full size. So a bit lighter than the big RR.

Good choice on dropping the LR2, the Murano is a good vehicle, it should out perfume the LR2 by miles. I know a few people who love them.
      03-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #48685
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
lol. Face it - you like having me on these forums - keeps it interesting for you.
Caesar it's really nice to hear I pulled your leg with a ballista !

On a serious note.. I saw today snow and lots of car accidents in Canada ?
*Canadian video from car accidents and chaos* is here on this Belgian news page => http://www.zita.be/nieuws/bizar/4050...aos-video.html

Today it's 17° Celsius in Belgium , that's really crazy for March while I know the winter is not over yet...

Appreciate 0
      03-15-2017, 10:34 AM   #48686
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Wait..., so Ambiorix is a homosexual AND of Roman descent with unpure DNA???!?!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread