BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-19-2015, 03:23 PM   #23
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80 Transporter View Post
do you think the reason they did not allow 1st or 2nd gear in the gtr was because they assume most people cant handle that?

im going to be renting an aventador which is even faster, i really would hope they dont screw me like that
The Aventador is very average IMHO. It feels like you are driving 4 tonnes of car (which you pretty much are), and the gear changes are horrifically long. First shift reminded me of my old diesel smart car.

The Gallardo is much more fun to drive.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:34 PM   #24
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 997.2 Porsche C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Glad you enjoyed it, i did not

The rules they had were just stupid
  1. GTR had engine light on
  2. car was set on the ECO mods ( ECO mode on a track !!)
  3. traction control fully on
  4. I was not allowed to use first or second gear, had to use third gear to accelerate which made my 335 faster than the GTR
I have to say I had my experience 4 years ago. And did not have the same experience as you did. Very surprised.
Were you in a group event where the whole session was reserved to you guys? Do they set these different rules for this type of rental? Or have they changed the way they run these events?
I went on a regular day with two friends and they adapted the experience based on your knowledge of driving at speed on a track and your maturity (not at all saying you are immature) behind the wheel.

So sorry you had to experience it like that.
The way they treated me was above my expectations. The brakes on the Ferrari were getting boiling hot so we needed to slow down for two laps... they added 3 more laps to compensate and they gave me a voucher for 3 extra laps for future use (If I ever go back to Vegas)

The GTR was the worst because it is such a heavy car and you do feel it
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #25
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Have been to Exotics several times.

http://www.exoticsracing.com/driving-experience

My favourite cars are F430 Scud, 458, Gallardo and McClaren MP-4C.

My overall favourite is the F430 Scud. Beautiful to drive.
Mine too. The sound is just awesome.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:35 PM   #26
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
I have to say I had my experience 4 years ago. And did not have the same experience as you did. Very surprised.
Were you in a group event where the whole session was reserved to you guys? Do they set these different rules for this type of rental? Or have they changed the way they run these events?
I went on a regular day with two friends and they adapted the experience based on your knowledge of driving at speed on a track and your maturity (not at all saying you are immature) behind the wheel.

So sorry you had to experience it like that.
The way they treated me was above my expectations. The brakes on the Ferrari were getting boiling hot so we needed to slow down for two laps... they added 3 more laps to compensate and they gave me a voucher for 3 extra laps for future use (If I ever go back to Vegas)

The GTR was the worst because it is such a heavy car and you do feel it
I went on a regular day as well

GTR should be the best one of all these cars to be driven on a track

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:39 PM   #27
Tonybest
Enrollment Officer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I went on a regular day as well

GTR should be the best one of all these cars to be driven on a track
Well the GTR is supposed to be the easiest but for speed alone it wasn't as fast as others... But I did drive it first before getting a better grasp of the light intricacies of the track layout.

I found it to be very heavy and not as fun as my M Coupe.
The McLaren was the quickest, The Ferrari was the best. But that is my experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:41 PM   #28
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonybest View Post
Well the GTR is supposed to be the easiest but for speed alone it wasn't as fast as others... But I did drive it first before getting a better grasp of the light intricacies of the track layout.

I found it to be very heavy and not as fun as my M Coupe.
The McLaren was the quickest, The Ferrari was the best. But that is my experience.
I just cant get over the way the GTR corners at high speed, it feels that no power can get this car to lose traction

Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 03:47 PM   #29
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I just cant get over the way the GTR corners at high speed, it feels that no power can get this car to lose traction
Well, that doesn't sound like fun.

The F430 Scud was soooo much fun, less nannies than the 458. Was getting the outside wheels just touching the gravel at so many corner exits. The 458 is mostly driven by the car. It is full throttle, brake, turn in, then full throttle again, let the car figure out how to do it, won't give you full power till the steering wheel is straight. Bah.

The Scud is just wired right into your brain. You think it, it happens, it feels so light. It literally dances in your hands. Have never driven anything that feels like that. My Civic racecar was close, but still paled in comparison.

Made me feel good when my wife overheard them talking about me at the desk "watch out for this guy, he is fast".

At first they were snickering when I showed up with my own helmet and gloves, that lasted until my first out.

God, now I want to go back so bad, damn you guys!

Last edited by MightyMouseTech; 10-19-2015 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:50 PM   #30
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, that doesn't sound like fun.

The F430 Scud was soooo much fun, less nannies than the 458. Was getting the outside wheels just touching the gravel at so many corner exits.

Made me feel good when my wife overheard them talking about me at the desk "watch out for this guy, he is fast".

At first they were snickering when I showed up with my own helmet and gloves, that lasted until my first out.
LOL
im glad it was fun for you. Maybe my bad experience was due to the GTR having mechanical problems which explains the engine light.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #31
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
LOL
im glad it was fun for you. Maybe my bad experience was due to the GTR having mechanical problems which explains the engine light.
Damn, that sucks. But at least you are getting the full GTR experience then.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:59 PM   #32
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn, that sucks. But at least you are getting the full GTR experience then.

Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #33
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep
Drives: AY M4

so what do you guys suggest i rent. im trying to drive alot of different cars. right now im thinking..

-7 laps huracan

-7 laps z06

-5 laps gt3

sadly their mclaren is broken otherwise it would be top of my list.

ive owned a gtr so no interest in that

please help....
      10-19-2015, 07:41 PM   #34
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

I did this last year. Booked the Aventador and got a free upgrade to the F430 GT3.

My impressions:

1. The track is tiny and the instructor nannies you too much.

2. Nowhere are you allowed to push the car. I can understand that with million dollar cars in your hands.

3. Superb experience overall, especially the GT3 cos they give you race suits. The car is particularly hardcore.

So, if you're not a track junkie, work your way up from slower cars and end at the GT3. It's a helluva rush. If you're a track junkie, just skip the rest and do the GT3. Unless you really wanna say you've been inside of (insert car name here), just don't expect to be able to drive it very hard.

Have fun!
Appreciate 1
      10-19-2015, 10:04 PM   #35
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

ive decide im going to do 7 laps with the Lamborghini Gallardo Super Trofeo Race Car

and 10 laps with the gt3
      10-19-2015, 10:06 PM   #36
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
I did this last year. Booked the Aventador and got a free upgrade to the F430 GT3.

My impressions:

1. The track is tiny and the instructor nannies you too much.

2. Nowhere are you allowed to push the car. I can understand that with million dollar cars in your hands.

3. Superb experience overall, especially the GT3 cos they give you race suits. The car is particularly hardcore.

So, if you're not a track junkie, work your way up from slower cars and end at the GT3. It's a helluva rush. If you're a track junkie, just skip the rest and do the GT3. Unless you really wanna say you've been inside of (insert car name here), just don't expect to be able to drive it very hard.

Have fun!
i booked the lambo track car and the gt3 for 10 laps. maybe ill get an upgrade out of them. what exactly did you say for the upgrade??
      10-19-2015, 10:43 PM   #37
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Back in 2012 World Class Driving had Road Tours where you could pay to drive/swap between 4-5 cars. You would be following a tour guide speeding thru Vegas and head to the national park and you would just try your best to keep up with the guide.

Best experience ever.
      10-19-2015, 11:43 PM   #38
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80 Transporter View Post
i booked the lambo track car and the gt3 for 10 laps. maybe ill get an upgrade out of them. what exactly did you say for the upgrade??
Nothing. We showed up expecting to drive the Aventador and they asked us if we'd like a free upgrade to the F430 GT3. We were like, f**k yeah!

redd
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2015, 08:31 AM   #39
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post
Back in 2012 World Class Driving had Road Tours where you could pay to drive/swap between 4-5 cars. You would be following a tour guide speeding thru Vegas and head to the national park and you would just try your best to keep up with the guide.

Best experience ever.
OMG!!!!!! what the hell is that called
      10-20-2015, 09:56 PM   #40
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80 Transporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtaron14 View Post

Best experience ever.
OMG!!!!!! what the hell is that called
World Class Driving, but I think it's gone now
Attached Images

10-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #41
ashtaron14
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...as_Nevada.html

Maybe give them a call and ask if they still do Tours
      10-20-2015, 11:32 PM   #42
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

I left extremely disappointed after doing 5 or 6 laps at exotics racing. The track is short and the cars have brakes in them for the passenger if they want to slow you down. It was the worst spent $400 or 500 (can't remember) for myself.

The track is extremely short and the time goes by in like 5 minutes and you're done.

Some love it, some don't. My friend had a blast driving a GT3 for 5 laps. I drove a Huracan and felt ripped off and would never repeat. I'll save my money for a legit track weekend where I can have hours of track time!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 12:32 AM   #43
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
I left extremely disappointed after doing 5 or 6 laps at exotics racing. The track is short and the cars have brakes in them for the passenger if they want to slow you down. It was the worst spent $400 or 500 (can't remember) for myself.

The track is extremely short and the time goes by in like 5 minutes and you're done.

Some love it, some don't. My friend had a blast driving a GT3 for 5 laps. I drove a Huracan and felt ripped off and would never repeat. I'll save my money for a legit track weekend where I can have hours of track time!
I felt the exact same way. Would never repeat it.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #44
RussianPete
Captain
Russia
Rep

hey guys let me ask for you opinion

the more cars you buy with exotic racing the more you save. so by the 4th or 5th car is like $200 off. do you think it would be better to drive 4-5 cars for 5 laps each?

or

drive 2 cars for more laps.

right now im leaning towards driving more cars because i guess thats why im there is to experience a bunch of different cars. not set track records on one car.