BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-10-2009, 10:09 PM   #23
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreCowbell View Post
When your Bimmer get's repoed by the bank, please let us know which dealership CPO's it.

Thanks.
Let's compare credit scores shall we or how about pay checks or how about, GTFO

Do you work for Conn's or something? Maybe you like getting ripped off? Either way please, stfu and gtfo

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 10:14 PM   #24
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
Let's compare credit scores shall we or how about pay checks or how about, GTFO

Do you work for Conn's or something? Maybe you like getting ripped off? Either way please, stfu and gtfo
What's next Pal, Huh? You going to get a value meal from McDonalds and then blame the Hamburglar for the resulting Diarrea?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 10:16 PM   #25
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are a Grade A putz. What's next Pal, Huh? You going to get a value meal from McDonalds and then blame the Hamburglar for the resulting Diarrea?
lol wut? You don't make much sense, do you have a personal problem with me

Please get out of this thread, your just being an ass for no reason and are not helping at all

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #26
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
lol wut? You don't make much sense, do you have a personal problem with me

Please get out of this thread, your just being an ass for no reason and are not helping at all
I have no personal problem with you at all. You could be a swell guy for all I know. I just don't agree with your position here. Simple as that.

If you didn't want opposing opinions you shouldn't have posted the story...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 10:36 PM   #27
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
I have no personal problem with you at all. You could be a swell guy for all I know. I just don't agree with your position here. Simple as that.

If you didn't want opposing opinions you shouldn't have posted the story...
What don't you agree with? The fact that I was misinformed by an employee of Conn's or the fact that I have never had a late payment EVER? Or the fact that this is my third tv from them and have never had a problem till now.

Again I asked the employee when the last payment was due and she said that it is due no later then 10 days after 2/4/09. I then asked here if there will be any interest charged and she said no unless the payment is recieved after 2/14/09 and today is 2/10/09 so everything should of been fine. I asked her clearly because I wanted to be sure that everything would be okay.

Unfortunately due to a new position I'm taking I have been sent out of town for training and by the time I get home their already closed. So today I was back in town and wanted to pay and I again had made sure from the Conn's employee that if I had paid on the 10th that nothing would of happened but I obviously was lied to/ misinformed.

Hopefully tomorrow I can speak to a better supervisor and this situation can be resolved. I just don't understand why they would treat a repeat customer with such disrespect You guys should of heard their corporate manager and how he was talking to me.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 10:47 PM   #28
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

You have the alleged word of an employee.

They claim to have a contract.

If they produce that contract and it says what they say it does, and if it has your signature, you're done.
      02-10-2009, 11:06 PM   #29
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
You have the alleged word of an employee.

They claim to have a contract.

If they produce that contract and it says what they say it does, and if it has your signature, you're done.
well fuck, I'll never buy shit from there again if this doesn't get resolved. Man they have an enormous amount of complaints against their credit agency, wow!

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:09 PM   #30
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

I don't think I'd buy a TV from a place named "Con"
      02-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #31
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
I don't think I'd buy a TV from a place named "Con"
Well, I guess we all make mistakes

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2009, 11:55 PM   #32
nabutes
career student
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi

You might be in luck. A *quick* google search of their previous ads, have this written in the disclaimer:

**No Interest Offer: With approved credit. Down payment may be required. Minimum monthly payments required. Finance charges will accrue from the date of the purchase. Those accrued charges will be waived if BOTH of the follow-
ing occur: (1) payment in full of the promotional purchase price prior to the expiration date of the promotional period, and (2) all required minimum monthly payments during the promotional period have been made no later than 10 days after their scheduled due date. May not be combined with other promotional offers.*

You may have a case....
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 07:50 AM   #33
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabutes View Post
You might be in luck. A *quick* google search of their previous ads, have this written in the disclaimer:

**No Interest Offer: With approved credit. Down payment may be required. Minimum monthly payments required. Finance charges will accrue from the date of the purchase. Those accrued charges will be waived if BOTH of the follow-
ing occur: (1) payment in full of the promotional purchase price prior to the expiration date of the promotional period, and (2) all required minimum monthly payments during the promotional period have been made no later than 10 days after their scheduled due date. May not be combined with other promotional offers.*

You may have a case....

What that says is that he had a 10 day grace period for the monthly payments, but that the entire balance had to be paid before one year (the "promotional period").
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 08:20 AM   #34
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

that's an expensive tv now
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 09:02 AM   #35
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
What don't you agree with?
You signed a contract. If you wanted the safest outcome, you should have followed it. You took a risk. You lost. Move on.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #36
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, I guess we all make mistakes
We all do...it's part of life...nobody is perfect...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #37
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

I think you screwed yourself. Perfect example of why the economy is in the shits right now with no end in sight. Why don't you just pay it and move on? If you can't afford to buy it, then don't.

(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #38
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
I think you screwed yourself. Perfect example of why the economy is in the shits right now with no end in sight. Why don't you just pay it and move on? If you can't afford to buy it, then don't.

Lol what makes you think I can't afford to buy it? Conn's ran a promotion and the manager said he would give me a better price if I did the 0 for 12 months. Unfortunately a employee misinformed me and I'm having to pay for it. There might be a solution though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Btw, the economy is in shit because people with BAD CREDIT were approved for loans that they could not afford. That is a lot different then what happened to me

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:20 AM   #39
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cars4lyfe View Post
I need your advice: I make 2 dolla an hour part-time, do you think I can make payments on a private jet if their employee says I get a 30 day grace period every month?
Is it a New York thing to be a jackass

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:29 AM   #40
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Is it a New York thing to be a jackass
If Jackass = Read Contract, follow terms accordingly and don't complain like a little bitch...

Then yes!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #41
darkcloud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 VW JSW

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
wait, people finance tv's?????? What else can people finance?
Obviously more things then they should be allowed to, you pay attention the economy right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000 Home Mortgage Seller
You got $5 and a job right? Sure, You qualify for a $600k house!

retired 06 E90 325i

New: 09 VW Platinum Grey Jetta Sportwagen 2.0T SEL w/DSG, panoramic sunroof and Ipod adapter
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 01:21 PM   #42
Nixon
Banned
Rep
Drives: :

I'm not against you, but I think you are going to have to chalk this up as a $600 dollar lesson in consumer savvy.

I do not mean this as an insult, but you have been legally out-smarted by Conn. You've been Conn'ed, and they've done it all while still following the law. No matter how much noise you make, or how many demands or letters you write, Conn will NEVER let you out of this $600 obligation. It is part of their pricing structure, and they aren't going to change how they do business because you make noise.

First let's take a look at your legal options:

1) Pay the 600 dollars.
2) Refuse to pay and wait until they either send it to collections, or send the repo man to your house to take their TV back.
3) Pay, then take them to court to get your 600 dollars back.

If you wait until it goes to collections, your 600 dollar bill will explode into the thousands. If the repo man takes it, this 600 bucks will cost you a 2,500 TV, and you'll never get a penny back. You will ruin your credit, and they will win in court.

If it goes to court, when the judge asks for evidence, you will say that the lady said it was OK to pay late (even though the contract doesn't say that). The judge will turn to the lady, and she will either say she didn't say that (case over) or that she was talking about the MONTHLY payments within the promotional period that have a 10 day waiver, not that the 12 month requirement has a 10 day waiver. The promotional period was 12 months long, and once the promotional period was over, there was no longer any more 10 day waivers for late payments. Then Conn will whip out the contract (case over).

Assuming that the contract does look something like this:

**No Interest Offer: Finance charges will accrue from the date of the purchase. Those accrued charges will be waived if BOTH of the following occur:

(1) payment in full of the promotional purchase price prior to the expiration date of the promotional period, and

(2) all required minimum monthly payments during the promotional period have been made no later than 10 days after their scheduled due date

Your promotional period ended on 2/4, and you no longer have any 10 day grace period after 2/4. And there is nothing that a minimum wage employee of the store can say to change this contractual obligation, even if she told you something completely 100% wrong.

Either way, they will win. If you wait until they collect, this lesson will cost you much more than the $600 you currently owe, and will ruin your credit. Conn will end up making even more money off of you, either in "legal fees" or "repo fees", etc. I'm sure they are happy to go this route, they've assuredly done it many times before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Really the big question is how savvy you really are. Will you stop being defensive, and buck up and learn your lesson NOW? Will you pay the $600 price of that lesson before this goes any further? Or will you have to be TAUGHT your lesson by a judge at what may end up being a much more expensive price? (Or even worse, will you go to court, have the judge try to teach you your lesson, and then come out of court all thick-headed saying the JUDGE was wrong and refuse to learn any lesson from it at all...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Things to do different next time:

1) Always demand a copy of whatever you sign.
2) When there is a written contract, the contract is legally binding regardless of what a minimum wage employee says. Even if they are completely wrong.
3) Don't get your contract law advice from a minimum wage employee. If you have a question about something in a contract that is unclear, put it in writing, and get your response in writing. This written response becomes a defacto contract addendum.
4) The Due Date IS the due date regardless of whether they allow you to pay late or not. Never take advantage of grace periods, pay all bills BEFORE the due date regardless of what grace periods they may allow. Don't think of the last day of the grace period as the due day. If this goes to court, and you've taken advantage of the 10 day grace period every month, they will say you PAID LATE every single month!! And they will be right. This will crush your credibility, and no amount of "but, but, but I paid before the 10 day grace period was over" whining will help. It will only make it worse.
5) THEY ARE OUT TO SCREW YOU!! Everyday, everywhere, there are folks all around you that are working a legal angle at how they can legally screw you out of your money. And if they can get away with doing it legally, they will. There is nothing the courts, or the police, or internet websites can do to help you. It is up to you to look for how they are going to try to legally screw you. If a company is offering something for free, there is always a way that they get people to pay for it. That includes loaning you money for free (0% interest).

Being consumer savvy means being able to spot how you can be legally screwed, and avoiding it before they get you. The other part of being consumer savvy is figuring out when they've managed to legally get you, and when to stop digging the hole deeper for yourself.

If you've read to this point, I'm sure you are just as mad as ever. You might be mad at me, but please be assured I'm not trying make you look stupid, or make you mad. I'm just trying to help you.

Last edited by Nixon; 02-11-2009 at 01:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #43
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixon View Post
I'm not against you, but I think you are going to have to chalk this up as a $600 dollar lesson in consumer savvy.

snip....
Good post. +1.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2009, 01:28 PM   #44
Blake
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Chevy Aveo

oh eddie, get em
Appreciate 0