BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-24-2024, 04:20 PM   #23
keithyo88
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i msport rwd

[I totally agree that supplemental health insurance is must.]
I retired at 67 due to health issues and can only speak to your health. The best thing I did in retirement is what I did before it. You are still 'young' in your 50's so are in a great place. Since you plan on staying very active I would consider a fitness plan that includes massage, a trainer, and regular gym workout schedule. I did not have that but have been active in sports and dance all my life, so was fortunate to survive cancer, spleenectomy, dialysis and kidney transplant in my 60's and 70's. Trust fate if you can, and enjoy your coming retirement.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2024, 05:44 PM   #24
tracknut
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4; 2025 M8C ordered

I retired at 49, and just turned 65 last year. So for quite a while I was paying for my own medical insurance. I recommend connecting with whatever your state's version of ACA is, to see about insurance discounts. It had never ocurred to me to check, but when I was about 60 it was suggested to me and the last five years of my insurance was discounted around 40%. And you don't have to be anything like "poor" to qualify.

Now that I'm on medicare - much cheaper!

Also I saw the references to early IRA draws and completely agree with that - if it makes financial sense you can start drawing from your IRA right away (there are rules about how you do it, but it's not tricky).

Enjoy your retirement!
Appreciate 0