BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

06-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #23
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
im not so sure about that. Audi is known for AWD only cuz that's the only thing they can make to compete with the true RWD cars. but all their AWD cars are based on FWD econo box.. that's why most Audi's are known to understeer alot cuz it's FWD roots. only exceptions on the recent models are R8 and Lamborgini

Infiniti/Nissan's AWD is one of the best in the world, but most just don't know it. think of all the Skyline GT-Rs (always AWD) and the current GT-R (greatest AWD system ever??) and now the current version of X.. it's RWD biased and drives like a true RWD car at all times until traction is compromised thats when the torq splits to the front for AWD traction. the handling nature is very much like what BMW does with it's AWD (rear bised, neutral, etc).. but, likely better.

just my .02

Attesa > Quattro
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
lyjw88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C63S & X3MC

Quote:
im not so sure about that. Audi is known for AWD only cuz that's the only thing they can make to compete with the true RWD cars. but all their AWD cars are based on FWD econo box.. that's why most Audi's are known to understeer alot cuz it's FWD roots. only exceptions on the recent models are R8 and Lamborgini

Infiniti/Nissan's AWD is one of the best in the world, but most just don't know it. think of all the Skyline GT-Rs (always AWD) and the current GT-R (greatest AWD system ever??) and now the current version of X.. it's RWD biased and drives like a true RWD car at all times until traction is compromised thats when the torq splits to the front for AWD traction. the handling nature is very much like what BMW does with it's AWD (rear bised, neutral, etc).. but, likely better.

just my .02
Good point
But I'd still take Quattro over Attesa.
If it was GT-R vs Audi, I'd take GT-R though
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 09:44 PM   #25
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

I don't know lyjw88, my love for the V10 R8 is pretty darn high
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 10:04 PM   #26
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZJP View Post
Your point?

+1
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Hmm this post seems to infer that you didn't know Infiniti was Japanese. Are you a female?
uhh.. what?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 10:19 PM   #27
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
I don't know lyjw88, my love for the V10 R8 is pretty darn high
dont get me wrong, i'd take an R8 in a heart beat.. shoot, i'll take a V10 R8 over the GT-R anyday.

but we are talkin about A4 and AWD that's in it. R8 and Lambos are a lil diff as i mentioned cuz they are actually much more rear biased (maybe different AWD system??). A4/A5 and so on are def. not the best as they all handle like boats and are always known to understeer and front heavy (think they got better with the current gen A4, but you can't hide the FWD genes in it, which is what they are based on).

Rear bias FTW
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2009, 10:52 PM   #28
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

The person who responded with "It's Infiniti" was saying that because the person who said they didn't like Japanese cars spelled Infiniti wrong.

And yes, Attesa > Quattro any day.
      06-24-2009, 01:09 AM   #29
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
dont get me wrong, i'd take an R8 in a heart beat.. shoot, i'll take a V10 R8 over the GT-R anyday.

but we are talkin about A4 and AWD that's in it. R8 and Lambos are a lil diff as i mentioned cuz they are actually much more rear biased (maybe different AWD system??). A4/A5 and so on are def. not the best as they all handle like boats and are always known to understeer and front heavy (think they got better with the current gen A4, but you can't hide the FWD genes in it, which is what they are based on).

Rear bias FTW
HAHA Oh I know all about the argument in this thread. I was simply poking fun at the "If it was GT-R vs Audi, I'd take GT-R though" comment.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2009, 01:12 AM   #30
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Audi for sure!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 10:34 PM   #31
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
HAHA Oh I know all about the argument in this thread. I was simply poking fun at the "If it was GT-R vs Audi, I'd take GT-R though" comment.
You guys may lust after the R8's beauty, but the GT-R is quite a bit faster for quite a bit less money....
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 11:12 PM   #32
Epik
Awesome & Likes Cookies
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M5

And the GTR has clean functional lines that will likely age well whereas the R8 is a bit busy. The new 550-2 Lambo takes clean lines even further and with the new stripes *drool*.