BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-19-2009, 06:50 AM   #23
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post

The N97 isn't coming out in February. I've heard it's closer to June/July just for the Euro version that won't have US 3g. So I wouldn't hold my breath on one.
Where are you getting your source? Nokia has not officially released the date to public but has said first Quarter of 2009. My provider has said between Feb. to March. Where did you hear June/July? And where are you getting this info about no 3G on Euro? sorry it's already announced Euro will be tri-band 3G (900/1900/2100mHz). The NAM version, which also will be available has frequency of (850/1900/2100mHz), which is same as At&T. Both will work with this provider. T-mobile will not work properly on either since they use 1700mHz Frequency.

Last edited by johnnymu; 01-19-2009 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #24
TheAcAvenger
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 R35 GTR / 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
Where are you getting your source? Nokia has not officially released the date to public but has said first Quarter of 2009. My provider has said between Feb. to March. Where did you hear June/July? And where are you getting this info about no 3G on Euro? sorry it's already announced Euro will be tri-band 3G (900/1900/2100mHz). The NAM version, which also will be available has frequency of (850/1900/2100mHz), which is same as At&T. Both will work with this provider. T-mobile will not work properly on either since they use 1700mHz Frequency.
The official press release said H1, as in first half 2009, not first quarter 09? (I think? I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just stating what i've read). I meant to say that I didn't think there would initially be any 3g US as I, nor engadget, nor howardforums has heard any solid report of a NAM version being released simultaneously with the Euro version. Neither the N95, N85, nor N96 launched simultaneous US and EU versions. Speculation on Howard Forums have drawn attention to Nokia's trend of providing release dates by year halves and shoving the product out at the very end of the half (see N95, N95 8GB, and E71). An N97 release date saying "1st Half 2009" would definitely put it closer to june than feb/march.

I haven't even heard any confirmation whatsoever that ATT was going to carry it. I would be extremely surprised seeing them carry it on release. ATT always seems to have N-series rumors abound. They were supposed to carry the N95, then they were supposed to carry the N85 on launch, and to this day, not one n-series phones is available for purchase through ATT.

I'd absolutely love it if you were right though
2018 R35 GT-R Cicio800 | 2007 E92 335i - RB Turbos, TC Kline DA Coils, HPA M3 Suspension, Quaife LSD, Stoptech BBK, JB4, FuelIT, AR Downpipes, RDSport Quads, Stett OC, Helix IC, Volk TE-37, Vorsteiner V-35, OSS Headlights | Retired - 2015 F82 M4
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #25
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
The official press release said H1, as in first half 2009, not first quarter 09? (I think? I'm not trying to say you're wrong, just stating what i've read). I meant to say that I didn't think there would initially be any 3g US as I, nor engadget, nor howardforums has heard any solid report of a NAM version being released simultaneously with the Euro version. Neither the N95, N85, nor N96 launched simultaneous US and EU versions. Speculation on Howard Forums have drawn attention to Nokia's trend of providing release dates by year halves and shoving the product out at the very end of the half (see N95, N95 8GB, and E71). An N97 release date saying "1st Half 2009" would definitely put it closer to june than feb/march.

I haven't even heard any confirmation whatsoever that ATT was going to carry it. I would be extremely surprised seeing them carry it on release. ATT always seems to have N-series rumors abound. They were supposed to carry the N95, then they were supposed to carry the N85 on launch, and to this day, not one n-series phones is available for purchase through ATT.

I'd absolutely love it if you were right though
You misinterpreted me, when you mentioned no 3g for Euro version, I was correcting you that there will be 3g and it will have compatible frequency as AT&T. This doesn't mean AT&T will carry the phone. So i'm not trying to start any false rumor there.

Pre-order has already being taken for a March release, doesn't really mean much until further notice. I'm just keeping my finger cross that I can get one in my hand sooner than later.

Appreciate 0