BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #23
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
God Bose sucks so bad...but I will say they best sounding ones I've ever heard are usually in Nissans.
That's a bit like having the nicest uniform in prison. The best smelling shit still smells like shit.

Quote:
As far as the Japanese competitors go, I would sacrifice the ~30 HP and go with the IS\RC over the Infiniti. I just think it's better overall car and the comparo's I've seen seem to think so, too.
I would definitely go for the IS as well. Just a fresher, edgier looking car. Infiniti lines just look so bulbous lately.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #24
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 - E92 M3 - 335i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Why would you get killed? We don't care what you drive. If you want to lease an Infiniti, good for you.
Because I know how brutal some of these guys are in this forum. In any case, I don't care what you drive as well and I don't think anybody here gives a rat's ass what anybody else drives. But thanks for your opinion...
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:02 PM   #25
infamousdiz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: (17 X5M)gone 2018M3CS HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0cool View Post
NA engine has poor low-end torque... I would take 328i over Q50 in terms of driving dynamics (I owned G37s coupe for 3 years, so know what I am talking about).
I traded my 2010 g37x in for the M3... it was a great car had alot of power for a sedan but the brakes were terrible...tranny okay. No issues,

I wanted to get the EAU which is the q50 with the GTR motor + other sport goodies but... they didnt make it. 560 hp and the TQ....dammm would have been sick

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
      09-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #26
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
It isn't. Does it still have the high vibration and harshness at high RPM's?

Mine did and it was a common complaint, it wasn't that annoying though. I sold mine to my mom but I miss it. I had the G sedan though. I never really considered the Q50 since they seem hell bent on advertising driving nannies, glad to see the Sport model still retains it's sporty driving characteristics...even if they're using an ancient motor.

Plus, with all due respect as it's just my opinion, I think the interior is dull and the dual screen set up they have is tacky. I've also read reports of hardware/software issues where the whole system is very slow.
From what I know, this is a more refined version of the VQ that was in the G37, it seems pretty smooth to me all across the board.

I actually like the interior and the big ass NAV screen. It has a ton of apps, some good some not that useful. And the issues with the software have been resolved with the new software update. I still stand by the BOSE system in this car. It's a lot better by a mile than the HK in my 335i. And I'm a mixer/sound engineer and have been dealing with audio for decades. I can tell the difference.

I'ts a decent car to drive for another year. There's a lot to like here. I test drove the G37 before I decided on my last Bimmer 3 yrs ago and this drives a lot different. I can't tell you exactly what they did but it drives a lot better, engine and chassis wise. And as far as the tranny, aside from a DCT this changes gear quite fast in manual mode.

Many people here giving opinions I'm sure haven't driven this car, maybe a G37 but not the Q50S.

Last edited by dreamsongs; 09-09-2015 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:06 PM   #27
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsongs View Post
From what I know, this is s more refined version of the VQ that was in the G37, it seems pretty smooth to me all across the board.

I actually like the interior and the big ass NAV screen. It has a ton of apps, some good some not that useful. And the issues with the software have been resolved with the new software update. I still stand by the BOSE system in this car. It's a lot better by a mile than the HK in my 335i. And I'm a mixer/sound engineer and have been dealing with audio for decades. I can tell the difference.

I'ts a decent car to drive for another year. There's a lot to like here. I test drove the G37 before I decided on my last Bimmer 3 yrs ago and this drives a lot different. I can't tell you exactly what they did but it drives a lot better, engine and chassis wise. And as far as the tranny, aside from a DCT this changes gear quite fast in manual mode.

Many people here giving opinions I'm sure haven't driven this car, maybe a G37 but no the Q50S.
Yeah the Bose system in its predecessor was very nice too, the HK in the F30 does leave much to be desired.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:10 PM   #28
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

God Bose sucks so bad...but I will say they best sounding ones I've ever heard are usually in Nissans.

As far as the Japanese competitors go, I would sacrifice the ~30 HP and go with the IS\RC over the Infiniti. I just think it's better overall car and the comparo's I've seen seem to think so, too.
I disagree and concur with MT's latest comparo of the two. That huge hourglass grille on the IS makes me want to puke, the headlights are the worst as well. It's also slower than the Q50S and more sluggish. I test drove that as well. The Infinity is a lot more fun to drive.

Also tried the new MB C300, too heavy and not as sporty. Maybe when I'm 65+ I'll consider it. These last 2 made me feel old when I drove them. Hands down the Q50S if you like to drive like you stole it like I sometimes do....
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:14 PM   #29
dreamsongs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousdiz View Post
I traded my 2010 g37x in for the M3... it was a great car had alot of power for a sedan but the brakes were terrible...tranny okay. No issues,

I wanted to get the EAU which is the q50 with the GTR motor + other sport goodies but... they didnt make it. 560 hp and the TQ....dammm would have been sick

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
Here you go, this is what I wanted as well.

Anybody here doesn't think this car is sexy as hell is probably blind or a die hard BMW fanboy.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2015, 02:21 PM   #30
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Because I know how brutal some of these guys are in this forum. In any case, I don't care what you drive as well and I don't think anybody here gives a rat's ass what anybody else drives. But thanks for your opinion...
Yeah, no problem. I have an old Explorer and I still drive it everywhere just because it's convenient. And I have quit listening to my friends who tell me it's a POS and I need to get rid of it.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 03:47 PM   #31
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
That's a bit like having the nicest uniform in prison. The best smelling shit still smells like shit.
Yep.

Quote:
I still stand by the BOSE system in this car. It's a lot better by a mile than the HK in my 335i. And I'm a mixer/sound engineer and have been dealing with audio for decades. I can tell the difference.
Sound engineer (which really gives you no credit in my book since part of your profession is responsible for the complete crap quality of music I hear these days) or not, your ears tell you what they tell you. Mine tell me Bose (even in the Q50S) sucks.

Quote:
concur with MT's latest comparo of the two. That huge hourglass grille on the IS makes me want to puke, the headlights are the worst as well. It's also slower than the Q50S and more sluggish. I test drove that as well. The Infinity is a lot more fun to drive.
I concur with their findings as well, the Lexus is a better car in the real world...

Last edited by davis449; 09-10-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:14 PM   #32
eric@helix
United_States
Rep
Drives: 01 M Coupe, 08 135i, '12 328i

Quote:

Anybody here doesn't think this car is sexy as hell is probably blind or a die hard BMW fanboy.
Yes. No. Sort of.

Sexy as hell is a stretch. A big stretch. I'll give it a less-terrible-than-every-other-Nissan. It looks to me like a F30 where they Mr. Potatoheaded a bunch of doo dads on the exterior, from the ovipositor rear valance to the fake canards. Nah.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #33
Biorin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: to get cheeseburgers

I agree that Infiniti does a great job with their interiors - feels like a very nice car for the money. I did take it for a test drive, and it was like driving a big, numb, laggy boat. That being said, if you're happy with the way it drives, I think you got yourself a solid deal in terms of both form and function. Congrats.
Appreciate 1
      09-10-2015, 07:16 PM   #34
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Q50 on SSR's looks dammmmmn good

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #35
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Here you go, this is what I wanted as well.

Yeah it's not a bad car, I wouldn't call it "sexy as hell" but it looks nice. Styling is all subjective at the end of the day.

Shame they never ended up building it.
Appreciate 0