BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #23
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

ffs man it's high school...if you can't pass a damn final in high school you are in REAL trouble when it comes to college...AP physics or not..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #24
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
ffs man it's high school...if you can't pass a damn final in high school you are in REAL trouble when it comes to college...AP physics or not..
I haven't take the class in over 9 months. And AP class is that not a college class? You try taking a test for a class you haven't had in 9 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:40 PM   #25
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

tiag is always on the pad. dont mind him
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:41 PM   #26
aretardedorange
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:30 AM   #27
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Ah, the good old days of AP High School classes! I took 7 frickin' AP tests:
English Lit/Comp
Calculus AB
US History
Chemistry
Physics B
Physics C Mech
Physics C E&M

Never did get a "5", and my only score that wasn't a "4" was Physics C E&M (a disgusting "2".) Since I was studying Physics, the UW didn't give me any credit for those classes, but all those other tests were worth 15 credits (a full quarter's worth). Helped me graduate nearly ahead of schedule (I had to take one 5 credit class my last quarter.) With college so expensive these days, I'd say it is worth trying to get as many credits ahead of time as possible....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #28
aut0sh0cker
meh
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 997.2 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by scollins View Post
Ah, the good old days of AP High School classes! I took 7 frickin' AP tests:
English Lit/Comp
Calculus AB
US History
Chemistry
Physics B
Physics C Mech
Physics C E&M

Never did get a "5", and my only score that wasn't a "4" was Physics C E&M (a disgusting "2".) Since I was studying Physics, the UW didn't give me any credit for those classes, but all those other tests were worth 15 credits (a full quarter's worth). Helped me graduate nearly ahead of schedule (I had to take one 5 credit class my last quarter.) With college so expensive these days, I'd say it is worth trying to get as many credits ahead of time as possible....
I took basically the same ones you took (-Lit, +AP World) and my school accepted NONE of them. REALLY??? Got a 5 on everything except World (I didn't write the essay because I didn't feel like it)
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #29
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
Most colleges wont take AP credits if it applies to your major. So unless hes a non-science major, it will most likely count for nothing.
truth. i ended up retaking almost all of the courses the AP credits would have counted for. some institutions give you "blank units" towards graduation, and that's what I used em for. not needing to take history was pretty nice tho since I passed out with AP History.

Psychology - 4
Environmental Science - 4
Calculus AB - 5
Calculus BC - 5
Statistics - 5
Chemistry - 5
US History - 5

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 07:34 AM   #30
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I'm a junior now (a semester ahead of time) because of my APs. My gf is graduating a year early because of hers. Entered college as a sophomore

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #31
JayKay335i
Banned
Egypt
Rep
Drives: ///M323 DCT

I can't remember. Do the schools charge for AP classes claiming they are administered by under the guidance of some college and claim each is like 3 college credits? I remember we had something like that but I cant remember if it was AP or not.

Rather than take APs I took my gym and English credits I needed for Sr. year at a local community college along with an entire first years worth of credits or my Sr. year.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #32
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
look who's talking bro
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 12:40 PM   #33
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
i love men
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #34
dth656
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 330i

man, that sucks--when i went to HS back in houston, we didn't have that many AP classes offered (mostly cuz the local yokels were more interested in shop class, and going to the JC after graduation).

Calc AB: 3
Bio: 4
English: 5

and i still majored in engineering, go figure. at least they helped me get a half semester ahead .
      01-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #35
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Dual enrollment is the way to go. No credit by exam, and the classes are guaranteed to transfer and they count the same towards your HS GPA. Plus you get to talk to older college chicks in class. Taking that instead of AP classes was the best decision I made in HS.
      01-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #36
double_j
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 JB/B E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
I'm a junior now (a semester ahead of time) because of my APs. My gf is graduating a year early because of hers. Entered college as a sophomore
Getting out of college early isn't something that one should strive for, in retrospect. Not having to pay for those credits is a good thing, of course, but extend that college experience as much as possible. There will be no other time in your life when you will have that little 'true' responsibility and as much freedom to do whatever you want (I generalize, of course, and do realize many college students have some pretty heavy burdens/obligations to carry).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 03:22 PM   #37
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BS 330i

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKay335i View Post
I can't remember. Do the schools charge for AP classes claiming they are administered by under the guidance of some college and claim each is like 3 college credits? I remember we had something like that but I cant remember if it was AP or not.

Rather than take APs I took my gym and English credits I needed for Sr. year at a local community college along with an entire first years worth of credits or my Sr. year.
Really depends on the school. units are determined by quarter/semester, whether or not the school will accept the particular AP exam, and your score on the exam (ie if you got a 4-5, you get the units, 3 or lower you don't).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
as much as graduating a year earlier might seem cool, it really depends on your post-graduation plans. I had the option of graduating a year earlier, but I ended up staying my fourth year to volunteer, minor in exercise psychology, and continue my research. this is my fifth year living near the university, and now i'm just doing research...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Dual enrollment is the way to go. No credit by exam, and the classes are guaranteed to transfer and they count the same towards your HS GPA. Plus you get to talk to older college chicks in class. Taking that instead of AP classes was the best decision I made in HS.
i had a few friends who did this... and this is smart but it really depends on several factors including money, major, and post graduation careers/education.

i didn't want to go this route because although CC course units might transfer to a 4 year institution, it won't look as good as a course taken at a more competitive school for professional/graduate school.

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #38
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by double_j View Post
Getting out of college early isn't something that one should strive for, in retrospect. Not having to pay for those credits is a good thing, of course, but extend that college experience as much as possible. There will be no other time in your life when you will have that little 'true' responsibility and as much freedom to do whatever you want (I generalize, of course, and do realize many college students have some pretty heavy burdens/obligations to carry).
She's taking next year off inorder to study abroad in-between her junior and senior years and I'm studying abroad next year, what should be my junior year, and using the extra credit slots to double minor. I already got that speech from my dad who took 5 years to get his double degree so I'm fully aware of the value of having fun. Haha

Appreciate 0