BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #23
PLAYON
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 550i

Garage List
2008 BMW 550i  [0.00]
2003 Audi A4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
Don't be so self loathing man... it's OK.
you have no sense of humor ----->
      01-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #24
radix
you know he kills little girls like you
No_Country
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLAYON View Post
you have no sense of humor ----->
I didn't know if you were trying to be funny or an jerk... my bad. No smiley.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2009, 08:13 PM   #25
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Who ever knew this thread would turn into a dick-swinging contest..
      01-07-2009, 08:50 PM   #26
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickc View Post
True.. MadDog is being a paranoid bitch.. He thinks she will track him down somehow.. I mean... there are some pretty crazy bitches out there. Ever seen Fatal Attraction?

Bunny Boilers FTL!

Yep. I'm afraid she'll go postal, and my office is right next to hers.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #27
jhv
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

good luck maddog
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 02:35 AM   #28
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Keep us posted
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:09 AM   #29
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
good luck maddog
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Keep us posted
Thanks. The problem is that I've been the one that's mainly been complaining about her. Any type of "anonymous" retaliation would definitely focus attention on me. I'll think of something....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:13 AM   #30
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Just wear some awful crap yourself - really slug it on!
      01-08-2009, 09:15 AM   #31
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
I was thinking about that.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 11:07 AM   #32
Rick
Stackin' Chips
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
Brut or Drakkar
      01-08-2009, 11:14 AM   #33
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by damadama View Post
Actually I think gmail and hotmail will tag the email headers with your IP address even though you used their webmail service. In the same manner as you can view anyone's IP who sends you an email to google or hotmail or yahoomail.

And if thats the case all it takes is a little tech savvy and you're fucked. Nice try to ancmguire, maybe you should investigate these things before you give anyone bad advice :P

Just did a quick check:

gmail masks your IP, so unless you are doing something to someone in china you should be safe

hotmail & yahoo will get you busted via the header file
No, you won't get busted... as long as you don't send the email from work. Besides, if you're really that worried about your home IP showing up in an email, use Tor. The bottom line though, is that if he doesn't do anything illegal his coworker won't be able to figure out who he is. His ISP isn't going to give up RADIUS/DHCP lease log information unless asked by a law enforcement agency. Don't get technical with me man, you almost certainly don't have the know how. I used to run an ISP (as in network engineer/unix sysadmin), so I have a good idea of what I'm talking about.

EDIT: About the most you'll be able to figure out without information from the ISP is who the ISP is and general location (city) based loosely off of DNS, the ARIN WHOIS database, or a proprietary database such as geonetmap. This *still* does not tell a recipient who *you* are, only the general location of the machine the email came from, and even that's not certain due to the existence of programs such as Tor.

Last edited by radix; 01-08-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #34
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Sounds like he is at work and somewhat frustrated with this particular coworker. The way I read your post was saying to just boot up hotmail and send her a nasty email. In which case you would likely get your balls nailed to the wall.

Yes its likely that an ISP won't comply with a formal IP look-up request unless you get a court order, but that isnt to say you can't get that information from someone. That is of course if you are personable and easy to get along with, I know most super technical ubergeeks such as yourself are the most opinionated, hard-to-deal-with asses in the world... so that might not be an option for you. (Flame on, I'm in software development for a living, so tell me that i'm talking out of my ass....)

I'm also a software developer, hold a very high gov't security clearance, and work for a major defense contractor. Sending her a nasty e-mail, if I'm caught, wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

What else can I do ??? I've complained to two managers, and everyone in the section was briefed on cubicle etiquette - which was mainly directed at the secretary. She, however, seems to think that it wasn't, and continues on in her bitchy ways.

I'm was thinking about filing an HR complaint, but don't want to possibly screw up my professional career. Finding a good, well-paying job in the Bay Area is not easy.

Any other suggestions ??
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:19 PM   #35
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Sounds like he is at work and somewhat frustrated with this particular coworker. The way I read your post was saying to just boot up hotmail and send her a nasty email. In which case you would likely get your balls nailed to the wall.

Yes its likely that an ISP won't comply with a formal IP look-up request unless you get a court order, but that isnt to say you can't get that information from someone. That is of course if you are personable and easy to get along with, I know most super technical ubergeeks such as yourself are the most opinionated, hard-to-deal-with asses in the world... so that might not be an option for you. (Flame on, I'm in software development for a living, so tell me that i'm talking out of my ass....)

It's cool, here's what I posted originally...

Quote:
Don't worry about your IP address, they never be able to track it down anyhow as long as you don't do anything illegal, just don't send the email from your network at work.

What I meant to imply is if you posted from a throw-away account from your home address, you'll be fine as with even the most thorough investigation they'll only be able to figure out rough proximity of the machine the mail was sent from. Getting the information required to tie the IP address to a name isn't easy as most ISPs are pretty stringent about passing out personal info to anyone other than LEOs for legal reasons. The don't want to be sued, plus it's just more work for the system/network admin to dig through the logs and put the pieces together..

The chances of a secretary:

1. Finding the X-Originating-IP SMTP header in the email.
2. Knowing how to do some variant of dig/nslookup or whois.
3. Being savvy enough to successfully employ some sort of social engineering hack to get the info from the ISP.

are essentially nil. Add Tor in, and they almost nil becomes zero.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:20 PM   #36
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
I'm also a software developer, hold a very high gov't security clearance, and work for a major defense contractor. Sending her a nasty e-mail, if I'm caught, wouldn't be the smartest thing to do.

What else can I do ??? I've complained to two managers, and everyone in the section was briefed on cubicle etiquette - which was mainly directed at the secretary. She, however, seems to think that it wasn't, and continues on in her bitchy ways.

I'm was thinking about filing an HR complaint, but don't want to possibly screw up my professional career. Finding a good, well-paying job in the Bay Area is not easy.

Any other suggestions ??

Type an anonymous letter at home, print it, and slip it under her door?!?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #37
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
MadDog, just out of curiosity... what does it take to get a high-level security clearance?

I was pondering a job opportunity and someone told me they will likely put me on a lie detector and my past extracurricular activities will have me excluded from the job even after I pass all of the interview stages and stuff =/
Background and financial checks, polygraph tests about any criminal/civil activities and lifestyle (are you gay or have gay thoughts ??) questions.

Not getting a clearance depends on the extracurricular activity. Obviously, if you robbed a bank or killed someone you're not getting a clearance. Also, doing drugs in the recent past excludes you. I think they allow you to have "experimented" when you were younger, but don't quote me. One guy here wasn't granted a Secret clearance just because his now ex-wife had run up a bunch of debt on his credit cards before they were divorced.

PM me with your "past extracurricular activities" details if you'd like, and I'll check with my security office for his opinion.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #38
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Background and financial checks, polygraph tests about any criminal/civil activities and lifestyle (are you gay or have gay thoughts ??) questions.

Not getting a clearance depends on the extracurricular activity. Obviously, if you robbed a bank or killed someone you're not getting a clearance. Also, doing drugs in the recent past excludes you. I think they allow you to have "experimented" when you were younger, but don't quote me. One guy here wasn't granted a Secret clearance just because his now ex-wife had run up a bunch of debt on his credit cards before they were divorced.

PM me with your "past extracurricular activities" details if you'd like, and I'll check with my security office for his opinion.

Did you go through a full SSBI? I was cleared TS/SCI/TK, and yeah, it was a pain in the ass. I can't imagine that's gotten any better. The annual NCIS "interviews" were always fun as well. They actually asked about beastiality FFS, among other things.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #39
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Did you go through a full SSBI? I was cleared TS/SCI/TK, and yeah, it was a pain in the ass. I can't imagine that's gotten any better. The annual NCIS "interviews" were always fun as well.
Yes, and more. It's about the same as it's always been.....
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #40
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Yes, and more. It's about the same as it's always been.....
Hey wait, aren't you supposed to have boobs in your avatar?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #41
schnell325
Bored at work....
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 GTS//2022 M235iGC

Get a Doctor's note saying you have a sensitivity to perfumes/strong smells.....present to boss....and go up the chain of command as needed.

This might work
Grey Matter:2008 E92 M3:608/425. SG/PS SOLD!
Dark Matter:2015 F80 M3:495/505. SOLD!
Anti Matter :2016 F82 M4 GTS
What next?!? A 2022 M235i GC- I must be getting old
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
Quote:
Hey wait, aren't you supposed to have boobs in your avatar?
Send me a picture of some nice tittays, and I'll replace my current sig pic.

Notice how I said NICE. I don't want some whale tits in my sig.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #43
radix
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Uhh, no I havn't robbed a bank or murdered anyone. My financials look good, I think I'm pretty normal when it comes to not being gay or watching beastiality. I have however smoked myself retarded on a regular basis for several years during college and experimented with halucinogens. My main concert is when they go down the list of drugs and I can check off atleast trying a good number of them (most worried about the fact that i've tripped on LSD like 50 times)
Hard drug usage, or excessive usage of any sort of drug is a show stopper. You can often get a waiver for light/experimental stuff though. My knowledge on this subject is a little dated though, my last clearance adjudication took place circa 2002. They will go through the list, drug by drug during the interview, at least they did with me. They even tried to trick me...

Investigator: Cocaine?
Me: No.
Investigator: Acid?
Investgator: Amphetamines?
Investigator: Orange juice?
Me: Yes.
Investigator: Just checking... Marijuana?
etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #44
bmwturbopower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

why don't you go get one of those stink bomb capsules and break it on or near her desk? or better yet. Put some OUST or febreeze air effects on her desk