BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-01-2016, 10:12 AM   #375
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needbmwpartzz View Post
Someone should start a thread...."help me stay with partner"or...help me break-up with grace"....I'm sure they would be good reads
Oh, we would run that thread. Most definitely.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 10:14 AM   #376
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

There are a few of us here that could run the first portion, me, asb, tonka?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 10:25 AM   #377
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Been married over 20 years... I can help on the staying together one.
Never dated anyone named Grace, cannot help on the second one.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #378
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbiage View Post
Yeah that's what I mean. I mean, I'm not anti-social but I know what I am attracted to in friends, if that makes sense. I don't care for a lack of ambition, pessimism, cowardice, irresponsibility, disrespect, etc.

It's getting harder and harder to find these people, man. I actually have more in common with people on the internet than I do in real life, a lot of the time.

Unless the internet is lying to me, as usual.

Not you or 1MOREMOD or jtodd_fl or Dr. Tonka or the other assholes though.
It's definitely getting harder to find people worth while to hang out with. Hell most all of my friends are at least 10 years older than me, don't hang out with many people my own age except for the dates I've been going on.

In a completely different stage of life, I don't do half the shit college kids do these days, and want no part of it.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 10:40 AM   #379
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
In a completely different stage of life, I don't do half the shit college kids do these days, and want no part of it.
I wondered if this was just me. I had to grow up pretty fast.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:20 AM   #380
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
I wondered if this was just me. I had to grow up pretty fast.
Nah, this is totally me too. I honestly can't think of any friends that are within 5 years of me..., I have my small circle of car buddies back home in MI, but other than that, nope.

I can stand young chicks, but not young dudes.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:24 AM   #381
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Nah, this is totally me too. I honestly can't think of any friends that are within 5 years of me..., I have my small circle of car buddies back home in MI, but other than that, nope.

I can stand young chicks, but not young dudes.
Hm, the few people I talk to are within 2-3 years of me, but they're nowhere near as psychologically apt or capable to deal with life as they should be, at this stage. Another thing that bothers me is asking for my advice and blowing it off as textspeak or nonsense. Like, don't fucking ask me again. And when you cry and bitch and complain about life being hard, drink some bleach and do the world a favor.

Anyway. young chicks like, how much younger? Sometimes they're a bit too immature for me. But then again at the other end of the spectrum, they're also some of the most loyal [if you're older than them]. It's almost like, "hey this guy's a catch, I want to keep him and I want him to love me" or some shit.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #382
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

People don't like taking advice, they just let extorting their problems to people instead of reveling in actual resolutions. I've needed advice in the past, and I like giving it to people when I can. Repetition over and over and over and over again. No. A few times to let it sink in, whatever, after that, come on.

Youngest I've dated so far has been 7 years younger than me. She seemed pretty cool, but you never really know someones true tendencies until you hang around them for a while.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:39 AM   #383
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
People don't like taking advice, they just let extorting their problems to people instead of reveling in actual resolutions. I've needed advice in the past, and I like giving it to people when I can. Repetition over and over and over and over again. No. A few times to let it sink in, whatever, after that, come on.

Youngest I've dated so far has been 7 years younger than me. She seemed pretty cool, but you never really know someones true tendencies until you hang around them for a while.
I know right. I don't think I've ever asked anyone for any serious advice before, though. Many times about what car I should have gotten, but nothing about losing my mom, unemployment, financial hardship, etc. because my friends hadn't even fathomed anything remotely close to those things. All except the girl I told you about in my thread, who I speak to every day, now. It's almost like I don't even need to confide in my "associates" anymore because I don't get anything valuable from them in relation to what I have put out in the past.

Oh yeah? Did you uncover some shit? Lol.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #384
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
I know right. I don't think I've ever asked anyone for any serious advice before, though. Many times about what car I should have gotten, but nothing about losing my mom, unemployment, financial hardship, etc. because my friends hadn't even fathomed anything remotely close to those things. All except the girl I told you about in my thread, who I speak to every day, now. It's almost like I don't even need to confide in my "associates" anymore because I don't get anything valuable from them in relation to what I have put out in the past.

Oh yeah? Did you uncover some shit? Lol.
I'm lucky to have found a really great group of close friends that have helped me out of some shitty times a lot faster than if I had to do it alone. I've done the fix my own issues thing in the past and it took a long time to get into a good place again, but it was a learning experience.

So far, nothing has been uncovered. So I'm just waiting for it to casually float to the surface so I can..., bail? Yeah, bail.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:46 AM   #385
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

Isn't this the truth. I remember telling that Billup guy a thing or two when he was down about his relationship. He pretty much did the opposite and prolonged his current happiness for a while.

Now when people ask me how i've lost so much weight they immediately changed the subject when i tell them i did it by eating less. They don't want to hear that sold advice. Seems they'd rather bitch about being a fat ass than do something about it that will work.

7 years younger?!?! Be careful man, there are sure to be investigators searching this site for evidence.
      03-01-2016, 11:50 AM   #386
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
I'm lucky to have found a really great group of close friends that have helped me out of some shitty times a lot faster than if I had to do it alone. I've done the fix my own issues thing in the past and it took a long time to get into a good place again, but it was a learning experience.

So far, nothing has been uncovered. So I'm just waiting for it to casually float to the surface so I can..., bail? Yeah, bail.
Maybe I'll find some new friends soon. 2016 is proving to be a very different year for me, new career, full time schooling, new car, rekindled relationship, improved credit.. really want to make an impact this year. Wouldn't mind making some new friends, too.

Ah, the #AbandonShip. The ol' Leonardo DiCaprio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Isn't this the truth. I remember telling that Billup guy a thing or two when he was down about his relationship. He pretty much did the opposite and prolonged his current happiness for a while.

Now when people ask me how i've lost so much weight they immediately changed the subject when i tell them i did it by eating less. They don't want to hear that sold advice. Seems they'd rather bitch about being a fat ass than do something about it that will work.

7 years younger?!?! Be careful man, there are sure to be investigators searching this site for evidence.
OMG, weight is SUCH a touchy subject for people man! Same with me, I came down 35 pounds in 7 months and folks who see me now can't believe it. It's a simple concept, but considering the effort it takes, not all will choose to engage in it.

Dude, he can't be 18. At least mid 20's? Which would make 7 years younger a legal 18.

Just don't take her to any bars.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #387
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:

That guy sounds like a total idiot from everything I've read, but I'm sure in the end he walked out with a better understanding of what to expect from people and exactly how much effort certain people deserve. At least he got some hot sex for a good while, although it probably costed an arm and a leg.

Diet. It's so easy. Count calories and stop eating at McDonalds. That's too hard for people to consume. HAHAHA, FUNNY PUN.

Pfffft, I saw her ID, it's a legit fake, I'm good to go to pound town.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:52 AM   #388
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

Truth. I always tell people I lost weight by learning math.
Calories worked off - calories taken in. If the number is positive, you gonna not lose weight. Duh.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #389
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Maybe I'll find some new friends soon. 2016 is proving to be a very different year for me, new career, full time schooling, new car, rekindled relationship, improved credit.. really want to make an impact this year. Wouldn't mind making some new friends, too.

Dude, he can't be 18. At least mid 20's? Which would make 7 years younger a legal 18.

Well you're in MD right? I'm taking a bunch of vacations this year for shits and gigs, so I can be your new friend and come visit for a weekend.

Nah, I'm 25, so she's a nice solid perky 18. Like going to HS all over again!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:57 AM   #390
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Diet. It's so easy. Count calories and stop eating at McDonalds. That's too hard for people to consume. HAHAHA, FUNNY PUN.

Just don't supersize it....HEHEHEHE FUNNY PUN.

Quote:
Well you're in MD right? I'm taking a bunch of vacations this year for shits and gigs, so I can be your new friend and come visit for a weekend.

Nah, I'm 25, so she's a nice solid perky 18. Like going to HS all over again!
Yeah! I'm about 15-20 minutes from DC. So much shit to do there. It's an awesome city. Built for the white collar drunks who frequent it regularly. Oh, and everyone else, too. Including the many black suited, white socked Asian tourists.

Shit you're 25 too? This is fate.

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:58 AM   #391
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
Calories worked off - calories taken in. If the number is positive, you gonna not lose weight. Duh.
Like you have to end with your net able to be tied, and not set your gross expectations too high.

See what I did there? Will you hire me now?

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:59 AM   #392
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:

BPMatch.com
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 12:00 PM   #393
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep

Quote:
Yeah! I'm about 15-20 minutes from DC. So much shit to do there. It's an awesome city. Built for the white collar drunks who frequent it regularly. Oh, and everyone else, too. Including the many black suited, white socked Asian tourists.

That actually works perfect because I was already planning on a trip to DC, so now you can show me around and we can party it up.

I'm in NC, if you ever want a southern trip, I'm going to be fitting the guest room with furniture here soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:05 PM   #394
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

OMG, weight is SUCH a touchy subject for people man! Same with me, I came down 35 pounds in 7 months and folks who see me now can't believe it. It's a simple concept, but considering the effort it takes, not all will choose to engage in it.

Quote:
That guy sounds like a total idiot from everything I've read, but I'm sure in the end he walked out with a better understanding of what to expect from people and exactly how much effort certain people deserve. At least he got some hot sex for a good while, although it probably costed an arm and a leg.

Sometimes the experience is a far better learned lesson.

Quote:
The other day the wife said, it must feel pretty awesome to have lost 35 pounds. I was like.... meh, it's ok i guess. It does feel great, but noting compares to the feeling of being in shape and having good cardiovascular health. THAT feels awesome! Plus i don't feel like i've accomplished something impossible or even that difficult. It's pretty much effortless for me due to the calorie counting app. For the past 230 days i can tell you everything i've eaten on any given day.

Then i told her some of the negatives of losing 35 pounds.... Having to spend money on new clothes when you'd rather spend money on your car, bike, guns, etc... the worst negative is that after losing 35 pounds, i don't look like the body builder that i KNEW was hiding under that protective coating. In other words, it seems that i need to lose many more pounds of fat to meet my expectation of what i'd look like after losing 35 pounds.

She called me a kill-joy.
      03-01-2016, 12:06 PM   #395
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
BPMatch.com
Quote:
That actually works perfect because I was already planning on a trip to DC, so now you can show me around and we can party it up.

I'm in NC, if you ever want a southern trip, I'm going to be fitting the guest room with furniture here soon.
Awesome! I've got an extra room that has a TV and an Xbox in it. And a bed. I guess it's fitted with livable furniture? Hopefully the M2 is here by then.

See jtodd_fl why can't you be hospitable too?! I'm a nice person, is my network persona not charming enough?!

Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 12:08 PM   #396
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Sometimes the experience is a far better learned lesson.

The other day the wife said, it must feel pretty awesome to have lost 35 pounds. I was like.... meh, it's ok i guess. It does feel great, but noting compares to the feeling of being in shape and having good cardiovascular health. THAT feels awesome! Plus i don't feel like i've accomplished something impossible or even that difficult. It's pretty much effortless for me due to the calorie counting app. For the past 230 days i can tell you everything i've eaten on any given day.

Then i told her some of the negatives of losing 35 pounds.... Having to spend money on new clothes when you'd rather spend money on your car, bike, guns, etc... the worst negative is that after losing 35 pounds, i don't look like the body builder that i KNEW was hiding under that protective coating. In other words, it seems that i need to lose many more pounds of fat to meet my expectation of what i'd look like after losing 35 pounds.

She called me a kill-joy.
Do you also use MyFitnessPal for logging and caloric ceilings?

But yeah, once the weight comes off, the cutting needs to commence, otherwise you won't be anything uber-spectacular, which is fine if your main goal is to lose weight.

Paging 1MOREMOD

Appreciate 0