BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

07-02-2024, 07:15 AM   #375
fs1977
Private
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Garage List
2020 G21 M340i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
On-board radio is no longer used for messaging the team only. Nowadays it's also used as some megaphone for spinning narratives, whining and baiting the race director and race stewards, journalists and fans about all sorts of genuine or self-proclaimed 'injustice' or 'innocence' ("he turned in on me", "he pushed me off track", "he didn't leave me space", "he should give the position back", "report him", "he brake-checked me", "that's some dangerous driving", "did he already get a penalty ?", yadda-yadda). Sometimes also serves as the football equivalent of a "Schwalbe" (foul play by a football player, trying to gain an unfair advantage with a spectacular dive, faking contact).
Agreed, although the interaction between Verstappen and his race engineer can be very interesting in times. It seems he is one of the few with that much interaction about the actual racing.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2024, 07:24 AM   #376
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
everybody forgot about that when CLC was last after a few laps Ferrari said their AI projected that he will be in the points no worries

i nearly choked on my fried chicken
I didn't forget!!!

Actual footage of my reaction below.

Appreciate 1
      07-02-2024, 08:00 AM   #377
Hadden14
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by fs1977 View Post
Agreed, although the interaction between Verstappen and his race engineer can be very interesting in times. It seems he is one of the few with that much interaction about the actual racing.
Agreed, Verstappen and the Haas radio interactions tend to be my favorite. Max for race strategy and Haas for the chaos.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2024, 08:11 AM   #378
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
I understand that there is no specific rule about maneuvering under braking. Instead there is a much move generalized rule about driving in an unsafe manner which is far more open to interpretation. While it makes sense not to try and turn your car while braking hard (you will lose front wheel grip), it is possible to tap the brakes and turn which may be more the way a driver takes a particular corner. While I think Max did his turn fully knowing that Lando was going to try and overtake him, he was not out of control in the turn, in fact he took the apex just as he wanted while trying to shut the door on Lando. The risk was hoping Lando would back down and he didn't. The interesting thing is whether this incident makes both drivers a bit more cautious with one another in these situations knowing that the risk of DNFing is too high.
      07-02-2024, 11:15 AM   #379
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Yuki caught using inappropriate language again

Appreciate 3
Roman904.50
M5Rick66289.00
      07-02-2024, 11:16 AM   #380
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
I understand that there is no specific rule about maneuvering under braking. Instead there is a much move generalized rule about driving in an unsafe manner which is far more open to interpretation. While it makes sense not to try and turn your car while braking hard (you will lose front wheel grip), it is possible to tap the brakes and turn which may be more the way a driver takes a particular corner. While I think Max did his turn fully knowing that Lando was going to try and overtake him, he was not out of control in the turn, in fact he took the apex just as he wanted while trying to shut the door on Lando. The risk was hoping Lando would back down and he didn't. The interesting thing is whether this incident makes both drivers a bit more cautious with one another in these situations knowing that the risk of DNFing is too high.
They will come to blows again, it's as simple as that. Max like Lewis like Schumacher and maybe Norris don't want to back down they want the uncertainty to be with the other driver. Unless they are specifically punished per a regulation and told X isn't acceptable they are race drivers and will continue to push up to and sometimes beyond the rules.

Also whilst its not in the rule book per se there are guidance on what is and isn't acceptable that is shared directly with the teams. This is what some drivers reference to as to the front wheel was more than 50% alongside at the apex so it was my corner etc. so they do know more on what is right and wrong and how it might be dealt with in the rules.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2024, 11:20 AM   #381
MontyB1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3

Just to add to above taken from his own works and the GPblog site...

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/28689...timidates.html

Herbert saw intent in Verstappen: 'He intimidates'
As far as Herbert is concerned, there should be no doubt who was responsible for the incident. " It was Max’s fault. He is a hard racer. He is very, very hard to beat. He intimidates everybody. That intimidation is something that Lewis. Michael Schumacher, and Ayrton Senna, have always done," he indicates in his column for Coin Poker.

According to Herbert, the only way to beat Verstappen is to put up a fight and not back down. "Lando did the right thing. He did not move. He did not have to. Some people said he could have moved. But that is not how you beat Max or how you win the Grand Prix," he judged.
Herbert does not think Verstappen should change" It is deliberate which is why I use the word intimidation where he goes to the very limits without getting himself in trouble. But he has always had this in his history. Everyone has been reminded just what is in Max’s makeup. Is he going to change? No. That is not his way. And he is right not to," the 60-year-old Briton says firmly. "I think he needs slightly to temper it."

Herbert, therefore, does not expect anything to change in the Dutchman's mindset or approach. " Probably not. It will not change the way he goes racing. No driver before, like Michael Schumacher, never changed their approach. And I don’t want him to. I find it really exciting. It is just when he gets to that point, he can only blame him," Herbert said.
Appreciate 4
Artemis31503.00
ryanb0672.50
minn1914512.50
      07-02-2024, 11:37 AM   #382
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C - BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyB1 View Post

As far as Herbert is concerned, there should be no doubt who was responsible for the incident. " It was Max’s fault. He is a hard racer. He is very, very hard to beat. He intimidates everybody. That intimidation is something that Lewis. Michael Schumacher, and Ayrton Senna, have always done," he indicates in his column for Coin Poker.

According to Herbert, the only way to beat Verstappen is to put up a fight and not back down. "Lando did the right thing. He did not move. He did not have to. Some people said he could have moved. But that is not how you beat Max or how you win the Grand Prix," he judged.
Herbert does not think Verstappen should change" It is deliberate which is why I use the word intimidation where he goes to the very limits without getting himself in trouble. But he has always had this in his history. Everyone has been reminded just what is in Max’s makeup. Is he going to change? No. That is not his way. And he is right not to," the 60-year-old Briton says firmly. "I think he needs slightly to temper it."

Herbert, therefore, does not expect anything to change in the Dutchman's mindset or approach. " Probably not. It will not change the way he goes racing. No driver before, like Michael Schumacher, never changed their approach. And I don’t want him to. I find it really exciting. It is just when he gets to that point, he can only blame him," Herbert said.
Nov 2016: Rosberg about Verstappen in the 2016 WDC title deciding race: an opponent instilling fear:

07-02-2024, 05:21 PM   #383
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

If you want to kill MAX . you have to do it at least 3 times (!)
Maybe then ....He will die . At least , if you're lucky ...
Mate . MAX is born in a race car !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      07-02-2024, 07:37 PM   #384
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

The Williams FW46 'Silverstone Livery
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick66289.00
      07-02-2024, 07:55 PM   #385
G MONEY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C84wg...RlODBiNWFlZA==
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2024, 08:02 PM   #386
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-02-2024, 11:39 PM   #387
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M550i; Swift Sport 6MT; EV6 GT

Quote:

the FIA has spoken. "let them race." Norris will have to smarted up if he wants to pass. everyone be racing to get to 3rd and then circle around from a distance.

Last edited by G30M; 07-02-2024 at 11:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-03-2024, 06:31 PM   #388
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

the customary

Appreciate 3
      07-04-2024, 07:31 AM   #389
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
It's voting day!
What's this nonsense of Crofty sticking his nose in and 'advising' stewards to talk with MAX when he arrives at Silverstone. Someone should tell him to mind his own business, not that he's good commentating on races like a drunk little girl.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2024, 07:35 AM   #390
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
the FIA has spoken. "let them race." Norris will have to smarted up if he wants to pass. everyone be racing to get to 3rd and then circle around from a distance.
Agree NOR should stop crying over spilt milk and get his act together if he wants to overtake then don't do it by dive-bombing.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2024, 07:37 AM   #391
Killed by Death
Brigadier General
Rep

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00
      07-04-2024, 07:39 AM   #392
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Yuki caught using inappropriate language again

MAX and LAN behind closed doors
Appreciate 2
      07-04-2024, 08:18 AM   #393
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Wait..

This snapshot looks even better !

Lando actually ran with "half a car" across the grass !
No penalty for Lando for dangerous driving and exeeding the track limits !
This was after they made contact !!!
Adrenaline pumping big time with LAN and for sure like in the collision before he's pushing into a no-go path.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2024, 05:24 PM   #394
Mr Pete
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997 Sharkwerks 4.1 GT3. E46 M3 comp. Tacoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Agree NOR should stop crying over spilt milk and get his act together if he wants to overtake then don't do it by dive-bombing.
Agreed. I’m a big McLaren fan and will support all McLaren drivers. But Lando needs to check his emotions a bit and not take this too personally. It’s all business on the track, and he’s literally racing against a f’ing alpha shark who will rip your psyche apart. And, pardon my language, he’s acting like a bit of a pussy, which pains me to say as I’m a fan.

He’s got to get a bit tougher mentally. As he’s made it very clear to the world, it’s not his time to be a world champ, but it may come soon. He needs to experience more of this. The more hardships and difficult experiences and scenarios he sees while challenging Max or whoever else is out in front, one day he will be the guy everyone will strive to beat. But he needs to get it together mentally and be stronger than this.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick66289.00
Artemis31503.00
      07-04-2024, 05:58 PM   #395
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Jensen Button says nothing wrong with Max move though 10s penalty is justified due to contact due to Lando holding his line.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-ve...ng-looks-like/
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2024, 06:22 PM   #396
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Just wait for next year when LEW joins Ferrari (!)

But hey ! Armani is in Italy for the fashion doll ...

Appreciate 2
M5Rick66289.00